Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Welcome to the Club! The H-535 is a great guitar on which one can play just about any kind of music, as I'm sure you know. Try to post a photo as soon as you are able.

Hi everyone,

I just found this forum today and I'm so glad I did!!

Well, I bought my H535-ASB in the U.K. back in 1989/90 as a self-confessed guitar nut and I think I must have spent the next few years trying to explain to everyone why I hadn't bought a 'cherry red 335' - go figure!! My playing has never equalled it's beauty but I'm just glad it has survived girlfriends/one marriage and a move to another continent intact and looking like new. My other guitar is a maple neck 1989 Strat Plus but I won't talk about that here! - I just keep coming back to the 535.

I'll post a pic once I've figured out how to upload. Looking forward to educating myself here!

Thanks and happy playing everyone!!

Hello Heritage Owners. I live in Kalamazoo, MI (any idea where that is?). I've been playing at the guitar for a long time, but for the past year or so, I have become more interested in Heritage instruments. Late last week I bought a new H-150CMU. I usually lean towards off-the-wall guitar body shapes and/or semi-hollow instruments, so this LP type is something different for me. Beyond looks, it has a great sound and great playability. post-1274-1251232869_thumb.jpg

WELCOME GUYS!!!!

Welcome to all the new folks on the block!

Well, I bought my H535-ASB in the U.K. back in 1989/90 as a self-confessed guitar nut and I think I must have spent the next few years trying to explain to everyone why I hadn't bought a 'cherry red 335' - go figure!!

Nothing wrong with Cherry Red, as long as you get the first number right! ^_^

post-790-1252635759_thumb.jpg

Welcome to all the new folks on the block!

Nothing wrong with Cherry Red, as long as you get the first number right! ;)

Ha Ha!! - I quite agree, so................... here she is!! nineteen going on twenty next year and in much better shape than I am!!! Now, where's my spray can of cherry red!!!

post-1303-1252713980_thumb.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their warm welcome

Cool... lots of awesome guitars showing up here... and new members welcome. The pics are cool , those are all excellent examples of our favorite Heritage guitars. Check out the gallery section sometime and add to it if you have some cool Heritage pics..... you can tell that we all enjoy seeing, hearing and playing more...and more... of our Kalamazoo guitars..

Greetings all... I'm Ron Davidson... A Michigan native (Detroit and Grand Rapids) currently living in Kansas City...

I surf the waters of music on my beloved, and only slightly modified, early 90's H-157... I was forced to replace the gold hardware with chrome, as apparently I have "toxic sweat", and she's my main "performance" electric guitar... The pickguard comes off, goes back on, comes off...

...I'm one of those wierdos who sometimes names his "ladies", and this one is affectionately named Kala Adara, which means "Black Beauty" in Scandinavian or something like that, I don't remember...

...This seems to be a great site... I look forward to the participation in your community!

Greetings all... I'm Ron Davidson... A Michigan native (Detroit and Grand Rapids) currently living in Kansas City...

I surf the waters of music on my beloved, and only slightly modified, early 90's H-157... I was forced to replace the gold hardware with chrome, as apparently I have "toxic sweat", and she's my main "performance" electric guitar... The pickguard comes off, goes back on, comes off...

...I'm one of those wierdos who sometimes names his "ladies", and this one is affectionately named Kala Adara, which means "Black Beauty" in Scandinavian or something like that, I don't remember...

...This seems to be a great site... I look forward to the participation in your community!

Ron, I see you made it to the HoC!! Excellent. Did I forget to mention you'd need to post pics or you'll get razzed for not doing so? Got to see Kara Adara if you're going to mention her. You could post a pic of that sweet bass you were playing Saturday, as well. Welcome, and hope you stick around. I think you'll find us to be a rather fun bunch ... most of the time. ;) .... Ken

Thanks Ken!

...I unfortunately don't have access to my pics at this time... I'm without Internet at home temporarily.

...Trust I will post pics ASAP... I'm always quick to show her off, hahaha...

I've been out of this loop too long...sorry! Lots of new cats weighing in, and lots of great looking Heritages! Welcome all! You've all posted at least once, now get on with it! So many good folks, so much valuable experience here. What a terrific site....

Hi everybody! My name is Dave, and I heard about this place over at the Hamer Fanclub (Also a member over there). I am originally a big Carvin addict, but lately have been moving away from being ALL carvin to being SOME carvin. I've got 8 Electric guitars (two up for sale), 1 acoustic guitar, 3 bass guitars, a bunch of carvin amps and bass amps, and some effects stuff.

I'm a mediocre player at best, after years of trying sporadically at age 30 i've finally decided to take lessons.

Anyway, I got my first heritage guitar a few weeks ago, and she's a real beauty. A 1999 H535 in Almond Burst. The original tuners have been replaced due to corrosion (smells like basement queen), the original schaller roller bridge replaced with a Grover TOM style bridge, and the original Big Schaller tailpiece replaced with Gibson studs and bushings, and a supposed Vintage Gibson Tailpiece of dubious authenticity. The guitar has barely any fretwear, so I believe I'll be the first owner to put some serious miles on her. Currently deciding whether to have the original tailpiece replaced.Not sure about the roller bridge. I have the tailpiece, but I've had to shell out for the roller bridge.

535d.jpg

My name is Dave, and I heard about this place over at the Hamer Fanclub (Also a member over there).

Welcome, Dave! I believe I'm the one that told you about us. I'm a member over there as well.

WELCOME to the HOC... Ron and Dave. Glad to have you on board...

Ron, I also have a 157 Black Beauty and find that they just have a special mojo, hope your internet gets fixed, so we get the pics..

Dave, You sure started out with a strong Heritage. To date I've stuck to solid Heritage guitars... but that may change ... lots of awesome semi and hollow Heritages out there. Yours makes me salivate....

Richard here, and here are my Heritage's 535 / 150 and 137, got the 137 about a year ago and got hooked, recently added the other two and wanting to add a 575 in a bad way... playing through a Fender Twin (68 Silverface) or an ADA MP-1 / Marshall 9100 depending on the mood.

DSC01347.jpg

DSC00007-1.jpg

Edited by Twin

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post, been lurking for a coupl of weeks and registered yesterday.

My name is Rob, been called Bruno since I was @ 10 years old. I have several bolt on neck gutars and have been looking for the perfect LP for a couple of years. The only ones that strike my fancy are the R8 and R9 and I am not going to pay that. Let me be totally honest, Mrs. Bruno won't let me pay that.

I toured the Heritage factory over the summer and saw that they actually were LPs the way I though they should be made. No Circuit boards, no chamber bodies, etc.

I currenly have my eye on (2) 150CMs 1 is new with a clear finish and the other is used with a tobacco sunburst and crazy figured top.

I would like to custom order my dream piece so I am here to learn a little more about them and the options available.

Welcome to HOC , Bruno. It sounds like you've already realized some of the realities about Heritage, and the factory tour just proves it.

Finest Quality American Instruments.

Good luck finding "the one" and be aware that these beauties are addictive! Sounds like you're looking at two nice ones.

Or consider the Heritage custom work ....everybody raves about the results..... (lots of great reading material and photos here)

Hello all! I'm a newbie here as well, but I've been playing Heritage guitars for about 20 years now. I currently own a pretty beat-up H-535 and an Eagle Classic. I'm also a fan of G&L guitars, and I believe the G&L Roundtable now has a few members from here as well. It's good to be here, and I'll be sure to post from time to time.

Jim

HeritageEagleClassic.jpg

Heritage535.jpg

Hello all! I'm a newbie here as well, but I've been playing Heritage guitars for about 20 years now. I currently own a pretty beat-up H-535 and an Eagle Classic. I'm also a fan of G&L guitars, and I believe the G&L Roundtable now has a few members from here as well. It's good to be here, and I'll be sure to post from time to time.

Jim

HeritageEagleClassic.jpg

Heritage535.jpg

Hi Jim, glad to see you here and Welcome to the HOC.

That's a nice couple of Heritages you have there, they do compliment G&Ls very well indeed, well both compliment each other actually.

As you probably know I've signed up at the G&L Roundtable, hopefully that will do as well as the HOC, it certainly seems to have got off to a great start.

Paul

Howdy folks. Real name's John, from Washington DC. I have yet to own a Heritage, but I've been yearning for a 535 for quite awhile, and it's not clear how much longer I can resist. I play a G&L S-500 and a Fender '52 AV thinskin Tele. Not a humbucker in sight, so I guess I'm due. I joined here a few days ago, and I'm inspired to speak up by seeing JimBob here, who I think I was trading inappropriate political jokes with the other day on the new G&L Roundtable forum, under the name Trash.

This seems like a nice place, with nice people. Hard to find that on the web!

Hey, a belated 'WELCOME' to all of the :glasses10: members.

Hopefully more of the :puke: lurkers will pop in and say hello too.

It is always cool to see pics of anything Heritage related. We are a very literate group, but BIG PICTURES always get our attention and approval. Plus, new members get free mileage points for the airline of your choosing for every Heritage picture. :P

OK, maybe not, but we still like to see your stuff! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Matt here from Sylvan Lake Michigan. I have always been a ESP and Gibson player but after seeing one of my favorite guitarist (Alex Skolnick) playing the F out of a Heritage last year I had to have one! Here's my first Heritage 12.9lbs!! TONE MONSTER! :eek:

DSCF1865.jpg

DSCF1866.jpg

DSCF1867.jpg