Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi everyone, I registered today for the online club after being told about your forum at Heritage Guitars in Kalamazoo over the summer. After drooling over the Heritage guitars during my college years at Western Michigan University, I finally got my first Heritage: a golden amber Heritage H-555 with custom features the way Wolff Guitars in FL orders them. Seth Lovers are humming inside. It's a great piece.

Anyone else tour the Heritage Factory before? My summer 2009 Heritage tour (and purchase) was an experience, too. James Brown, a local jazz guitar player from Vicksburg, MI., was hanging out with Rendall Wall after the public tour of the factory, and they ended up jamming on my guitar after Rendell set it up. Rendell was using sandpaper for percussion as James Brown played a jazz ballad. It was a real treat for this guitar lover.

Anyways, I'll be taking my Heritage out in the studio and posting some MP3s and videos of in use in 2010.

Best wishes,

Mike Vial

www.myspace.com/mikevial

www.facebook.com/mikevial

www.cdbaby.com/cd/mikevial

Twitter: @mikevial

James Brown, jazz guitar player from MI:

cordstudyjamesbrown.com

post-1429-1257206290_thumb.jpg

Hello and welcome Mike,

That's a great looking 555. That was a great story about Ren and yes, a good amount of us have been through the factory. We go through as a group at the annual Parsons Street Pilgrimage. ( pics are in the gallery )

So again welcome, and we look forward to hearing more from you...

Hey Mike, that's one fine looking 555 ya got there!!

Looks familiar though. ;)

It's great to hear about 'real players' lovin' our favorite gitfiddles as much as we do. Hopefully James Brown will drop a line here too some day...and give us a lesson or two.

Hello all,

I'm a real new member, I just took delivery of a chestnut burst H-535. I fooled around with it for a couple of hours, and I can tell it's going to be fun. Very different from the Strat I've been learning on for the last couple of years. I like the tone, and I'm sure it's plenty versatile for what I want to play. It's got the Seth Lover pups, the Strat has the SCN's. Way different sound. I don't know how much of a difference the shorter scale length will make in playing, but we'll see. I bought it from Wolfe, they didn't have to knock themselves out for the sale. I wanted one, they had one, and that was that. Before Wolfe, I took a flyer on a used one, in fact it was mentioned in the Bay Watch. I felt good when someone remarked after the auction closed "some one got a good deal". Unfortunately, the boys and girls at UPS had their way with it, and I sadly had to return a damaged guitar to the seller. He was a truly stand up guy about it, I've got to say. After thinking about it, and reading this site, I decided to support a small American business, and buy a new one. It's a lovely instrument, I'm looking forward to becoming a better player. I actually think a nice 'tool' makes the work easier, and it is definitely something one can take pride in. So that's that. If I can figure out how, I'll post some photos, but truth be told it's pretty much like any other one, in that color / knob scheme.

Hello FrankV,

Although I'm sorry to hear about your ebay experience, at least it worked out alright.

And how cool of you to support the boys in Kalamazoo. I trust that you will be rewarded with a very happy experience.

As you may , or may not, know... We always love to see something new when the chance presents itself.

If you generate a pic of your new arrival... let us enjoy it too.

And tell us of your experience , sometimes it helps others to decide to do the same thing.

Welcome to the HOC.

• 2 weeks later...

Well hello folks,

I just signed up. I have an Eagle ASB. I bought it a few years ago. I just now visited the Heritage website for the first time in years, man they've discontinued a lot it seems, my model in particular.

Anyway I'll say a little about myself. I've collected about 15 guitars over the years, the Heritage is the nicest one and at $1500 whacks it is by far the most expensive one. Was playing it the other day and felt so good I found this place! I play a lot of types of music. Blues, antique country and the rock n roll made from it. I like jazz of the Louis Armstrong/Bessie Smith era. When I play Miles Davis I sound like the Grateful Dead. :unsure:

Other than the Eagle, my guitars that get the most use are,

80's Les Paul

'73 Guild D-44 {its a flat top}

Old Gibson ES-125

Recently dusted off the old Guild S300-D {solidbody} and been bottlenecking open E

Ocansional use of Rickenbacher lap steel {C6} and fumbling about on a Carter pedal steel {E9}

Funtioal on old Ludwig trap set.

Its all set up, come on by for a beer!

Anyway, I'll be in and out, I look forward to poking around here.

Thanks, Crow.

Bucks Co. PA

When I play Miles Davis I sound like the Grateful Dead

:unsure:

Welcome to the HOC... regarding what is discontinued at Heritage.. unless the site says specifically that it is discontinued .. they just may not have the pics up yet as it is a new site...

If you picked up your Eagle ASB for $ 1500 , then you got a bargain on a beauty of a guitar. ( we like to see pics, just for kicks )

There's lots of info, etc here... check out the forums and the galleries..

Edited by FredZepp

Hi everyone, and greetings from a proud new owner of a '90 H535 just picked up earlier today! I am so ecstatic I just had to join this forum ASAP to "shout it from the rooftop", so to speak. With the Antique Sunburst finish and matching maple pickguard, this is one guitar that truly looks as good as it sounds; in my opinion, this is just an absolutely amazing guitar and I couldn't be more pleased!

Hello and Welcome kbp810,

I can relate to the euphoria of the new Heritage.... I now have 5 , but don't have a semi-hollow yet....

yours sounds like it's excellent ...( as many of the semis are )

check out some of the forums and galleries and we hope to hear

of your Heritage experience ...

Thanks for the welcome, and happy to be a new member B) Here are a couple of pics - and while the pics are of it sitting in its case... I can assure you it has spent very little time in there!

The other pic's I wanted to share is of a recent project of mine (before and after) - I came across a vintage silvertone tube amp at a local shop in my area; it's cabinet had long since seen better days, but still sounded like a dream - so I built it a new home. It pairs very well with the H535

post-1459-1258317486_thumb.jpg

post-1459-1258317496_thumb.jpg

post-1459-1258317511_thumb.jpg

post-1459-1258318025_thumb.jpg

Hello, I have been a lurker and decided to register. I have been debating on buying a Heritage as of late and I come here for info on them. I play Guilds and G&L's mostly; I do not care much for the big two brand and try to stay away from them even though I own an Orville(after investing too much into Gibsons in the past I am not going to put that much money/faith into their gutiars again nor Fender).

hello hoc . my name is dave. been lurking here for awhile and decided to introduce myself like the thread says. i live in oregon . 50 something years of age. been a guitar fan all my life. some of my favorite artists would be robben ford , larry carlton & lee ritenour . lucky enough to have seen all three live at different times. i play acoustics . I do'nt have any electrics but i'm longing to take the plunge and i'm gasing for an H535. that's the one for me i think. so , thanks for all the info i've gleened so far . sorry in advance of any newby questions.P1010029.jpg i look forward to finding mine and sharing with you all. dave. (guitar in photo is my first build from this past summer)

Edited by HIGHDESERTDAVE

Hello and Welcome grooveyard and HIGHDESERTDAVE,

There is a lot of info here , in forums and elsewhere, and I find that surfing the galleries can be a blast also.

And yes , we are all thrilled to have found the Heritage quality instruments and then usually can't stop looking for the next one... B)

We all like talking Heritage and looking and showing pics...

Dave , you do sound like a good candidate for a 535 , given your musical tastes... and your built guitar looks like it turned out quite good....

I'm new! I'm just getting into Hertiage guitars, and am on the hunt for a lefty 575.

My name is Michael, I'm 27, living in Lousiana. I'm a pro photographer, but I'm headed back to school for Computer Science.

Here's a link to my Flickr page, where you can see some of my gear.

Welcome! Glad to see you made it over from TGP. You'll find this forum to be a much friendlier hang. :D

Cool pics. Love the shots of the strat!

I'm new! I'm just getting into Hertiage guitars, and am on the hunt for a lefty 575.

My name is Michael, I'm 27, living in Lousiana. I'm a pro photographer, but I'm headed back to school for Computer Science.

Here's a link to my Flickr page, where you can see some of my gear.

Welcome!

there are lots of Photography gurus here...a couple pros, couple former pros, and some really good semi pros :D

I have been lurking here and really like the site. I am a US service member serving overseas and started playing guitar late in life. I am 42 and have been playing for about a year. I have been watching ebay to find an h-150 that I like and can afford. They really seem like great guitars and I want to try to support as many US businesses as I can.

My guitar collection is pretty modest right now: an Epiphone EJ-200 acoustic and a Gretsch 5120.

I have been lurking here and really like the site. I am a US service member serving overseas and started playing guitar late in life. I am 42 and have been playing for about a year. I have been watching ebay to find an h-150 that I like and can afford. They really seem like great guitars and I want to try to support as many US businesses as I can.

My guitar collection is pretty modest right now: an Epiphone EJ-200 acoustic and a Gretsch 5120.

Welcome aboard. First I want to thank you for serving our country and

help protecting it. I commend you!

I too started playing late in life, 40 for me. I've enjoyed every minute since

I started playing. I bought my first Heritage from Elderly music, a H-555.

You will find a great bunch of people on this sight. They know Heritage inside and

out. Good luck in your search for your first Heritage. You will love it.

Stay safe