Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hey! Just signed up, I don't have a Heritage yet, but I'm looking. Talked to Brent the other day....hey Brent, thanks for not hanging up on me! thanks for having me, John

Hi there...glad you found us!!!

Wow, what a lot of cool new folks here. I bet I read 6 or 7 pages worth of new members, been awhile since I kept up with this thread.

As a Heritage lover, all I can say is I wish you many cool tones and may you find all the notes your hearts desire or talent takes you to.

rock on..

:hello:

Hello everybody,

my name's Enrico, I'm from Italy and just today I've come into possession of my first Heritage guitar!

An H150CM Classic with a fantabulous flame top (I still have to guess what colour is, though...).

Great instrument.

It's nice to be part of this selected club.

Cheers,

Enrico

Hello everybody,

my name's Enrico, I'm from Italy and just today I've come into possession of my first Heritage guitar!

An H150CM Classic with a fantabulous flame top (I still have to guess what colour is, though...).

Great instrument.

Cheers,

Enrico

Hi Enrico, and Welcome to the HOC. It's traditional to post pictures of your Heritages ( or the natives get restless ! )

If you remove the control cavity cover the finish of your 150 should be written on the label ... eg ASB = Antique Sunburst

... from the HOC gallery ...

gallery_139_80_8738.jpg

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...=si&img=449

Paul

Edited by SouthpawGuy

Hello everybody,

Great instrument.

Cheers,

Enrico

Ciao, Enrico! Benvenuto!

Hi everybody,

Hi Enrico, and Welcome to the HOC. It's traditional to post pictures of your Heritages ( or the natives get restless ! )

If you remove the control cavity cover the finish of your 150 should be written on the label ... eg ASB = Antique Sunburst

... from the HOC gallery ...

First of all, thank you for your welcome and for your indications: you're right, I should be posting some pictures... but I was waiting to make some good ones with my camera...

For now, let's see some done with my iphone.... they don't do any justice, though...

post-1451-1259500225_thumb.jpg

post-1451-1259500632_thumb.jpg

Ah, the exact colour is AMBER

Welcome to the HOC, Enrico.

That fantabulous flame top sounds interesting , I'm sure that you'll grow to really love that guitar...

If you can come up with pics.... well... we'd like to see it...

Happy New Guitar Day...

Well, as I said, iphone pictures absolutely don't do justice, but for what are my tastes, this top is excellent: I don't like extreme flames or quilts, my guitar doesn't have to be only for display...

I like subtle flames, mixed with grain and veins: more or less like a real vintage burst...

Ciao, Enrico! Benvenuto!

Grazie Fernando, e' un piacere trovare qualcuno che parla la propria lingua in terra straniera ;-)

Cheers,

Enrico

post-1451-1259500507_thumb.jpg

post-1451-1259500511_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics,Enrico, they came out just fine.... and that's a nice flamey top.

A very sweet looking 150 with that top/finish. I had looked at one like it once , because I do like that combination. Congrats...

And welcome to the HOC, Jericho941, Good luck with your future 150 search.... I'm sure that the 535 is a beauty, I need to add one of those to my list.... any Pics?

Hey, Hiro from Southern Calif. I got a H 150 and its awesome. My camera's batteries burst, so I had to take it to the local toxic processing facility, and will need a new one. But since I just got a H 150 and an amp . . . that will come later.

I work in IT, but this week I'm trying to figure out what I really want in life career wise. But the H 150 is just beautiful. It's a burnt sunburst color, and I swear, I looked at my new guitar for an hour before playing it.

Dang...a lot of new members here! I've really been slacking off in keeping up with this thread. So...

To all the new members...Welcome to The Club!

Speaking of the growing membership base, when I was talking to Ren this afternoon, he was surprised that we were up around 1400 members already. The guys and gals at the factory sure think highly of you folks!

GDub here. I've been a Heritage fan/player since early 2006 when I bought my H-137. It was the 14th one made and the first in TV Yellow. Great guitar! It's been my #1 electric since day one.

Here's a pic taken shortly after I got it:

H137-1.jpg

Since then it's seen a lot of gigs so it's got a little more mojo on it now.

Sláinte!

GDub here. I've been a Heritage fan/player since early 2006 when I bought my H-137. It was the 14th one made and the first in TV Yellow. Great guitar! It's been my #1 electric since day one.

H137-1.jpg

Sláinte!

VERY NICE!!!

Welcome!!!

H137-1.jpg

Sláinte!

Nice one !

It's good to see a lot of G&L fans are Heritage fans and vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I just found this site while looking for info on swapping out Gibson bridge and stop bar for schaller parts that came stock. I currently own a '95 535 with fancy coil tap, adjustable phase wiring. This is a super versatile guitar that I play for just about everything. Last year I picked up a Kenny Burrell groovemaster on consignment in Santa Cruz. I love that guitar for jazz. My first jazz guitar was a 575 with a maple top that was a factory second but played and sounded great. I traded that in towards a gibson 446 S which I held onto for a couple of years before deciding it was never going to be right for me. My contact with the Heritage factory has been totally pleasant. they hooked me up with chrome parts to replace the gold that came on my groovemaster. If any of you have swapped out your schaller bridge and stop bar for Gibson parts and have any advice, check the posting that I'll put up in a minute.

cheers

Hi!

I own a 157 with HRWs installed, plus I swapped out the Grover tuners for Schallers. I've had it since February 2001, and the frets are almost gone.

In 2005 I picked up a new 137 with Lollar P-90s, and later added a vintage bumblebee cap.

I currently desire an archtop in a bad way. There are some really nice ones, and when the time is right I resolve to be as picky as possible! Usually I'm pretty adaptable when it comes to guitars; guess that's why I'll also be playing a Line 6 Variax Acoustic until my ship comes in . . . uh-oh, did I just get myself banned? ;) IMHO high-end ones like Heritage don't leave you wanting for much; that's why I'll be ogling all your Eagles, 575s, and such for the time being.

Love the site! Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to introduce myself!

Hello... Draft, woodstalk, and ricksilvestri,

WELCOME to the HOC... ;)

It's nice to see that a Heritage made it to Thailand... nice bass there.

Cool sounding 535 with the versatile wiring... hard to beat that one... and , of course, the KB groovemaster is awesome ...

And Rick, nice to know that you're putting the 157 through the paces....

We love to see pics....!!!!!

Hey folks !

My name is Nicolas, i'm 24 and from France, and recently got myself a beautiful Heritage H150. It's amazing and plays great, but i'm not very fond of the neck pickup (it has SD 59's). The bridge is nice though. I was thinking about changing the neck pup, but i'm not sure what to get instead. The reason i don't like it is that it's too bassy, and it has absolutely no presence when i play on the lower strings (E A and D). Do you guys think a Classic 57 would be nicer ? Or a SD Pearly Gates ?

Here's a pic of my beauty:

modifimg2402.jpg

Thanks for your attention fellas !

Hey folks !

My name is Nicolas, i'm 24 and from France, and recently got myself a beautiful Heritage H150. It's amazing and plays great, but i'm not very fond of the neck pickup (it has SD 59's). The bridge is nice though. I was thinking about changing the neck pup, but i'm not sure what to get instead. The reason i don't like it is that it's too bassy, and it has absolutely no presence when i play on the lower strings (E A and D). Do you guys think a Classic 57 would be nicer ? Or a SD Pearly Gates ?

Here's a pic of my beauty:

modifimg2402.jpg

Thanks for your attention fellas !

Hi,

You might try backing the bridge pup away from the strings (down) and adjusting the pole screws up. Very nice guitar. Have you considered APH1s or Seth's?

Edited by mars_hall

A big shout out to all of you HOC members that lurk in the background but don't post much!

You know who you are!  But we don't.  ^_^

The sole purpose of this thread is to send out a special HELLO!  And to ask if you'll drop in and say something about you or your Heritage guitar.  Consider this a kind of online HOC meet and greet...or even a Heritage-Aholic group hug.

OK, I'll start..."Hi, my name is Tim, but my friends here call me Gitfiddler.  My favorite Heritages are (in no particular order):  Sweet 16, Golden Eagle, H-555, H-150 and of course the H-157.  I'd love to own a Millenium, but cannot spell it or afford one yet.  <_<

Alright guys and gals, YOUR TURN!

Who are you...and tell us something about you and your favorite Heritages!  Let's see how many newbies or oldies will say HELLO!  8)

First post here, name is Gary, my friends call me "Wheaties." Not a full time professional musician, but play as a hobbyist. Have been a ski instructor for 35 years, currently in my 29th consecutive winter at Deer Valley, Utah.

I have a few very special hand wired boutique amps. Also a couple of pcb designs, a personally voiced Hughes & Kettner Tube 20 , also a Mesa Boogie 2/12 Maverick without a single Mesa tube or speaker in it. Just got a Weber MASS 100 watt attenuator, wish I had gotten it sooner, WOW! Have collected a few hundred vintage tubes, mainly 12ax7, 5751, and 12at7 types.

Love the smell of solder fumes when tinkering with project amps as well, have gotten some amazing results with what started out as a silverface Fender Champ that only has the cab, the metal chassis, and the pots remaining as original parts. When running it through the 2/12 or 2/15 semi closed back cabs I have filled with JBL g125/g135's even with a full band present I have to turn down on stage to less than half volume with only a single 6v6 for power tube. Enough gain and volume is present for "sustain for days" and controlled feedback kinda thang. It is wired to take el34's. Most of the time it has a vintage TS 5881 in it.

Have two Heritage guitars, one is a 555, antique natural with special woods package, Seth Lovers. Am one of those strange persons that names their guitars. Simply gorgeously stunning in appearance and sonics, her name is Miss D. Buttercups. I play out with this guitar. The other is a Milennium Limited Edition Ultra 2000 in Almond, has Lindy Fralin 8k/9k HB's. Her name is Miz' Uber, as in Uber-guitar. She's more lively sounding than any Les Paul type that I have heard. Not exactly fair to compare, because of the different construction in the Milennium series. I play that one mainly at home, she's pretty minty in appearance and from what I have learned is at least semi rare as far as production numbers go. The tones out of both of these instruments are to die for, and the looks on stage are truly spectacular, performing on stage for others is where Heritage guitars belong IMHO. Peace.

Edited by 212Mavguy

Hey there "Wheaties"... ( 212Mavguy )

Welcome to the HOC.,,

There are a lot of interesting comments in your first post. Lots of nice amp set-ups. The silverface mods sound like you have created an amp nirvana, or at least you're getting there. There is an amp section if you feel the impulse to post more about it....

And the Heritages sound quite extraordinary... If you haven't posted pics yet... expect some requests to do so. The descriptions of each make the desire to see them more inviting...

Hi from England. I guess I'm a little older than most on this site, and new to Heritage guitars. What first turned me on to them was a YouTube chap called Marty Schwarz. He plays a 535 on most of his jazz/blues clips. In 1974 I owned a Gibson ES335, sold it in 1980 for £100, and subsequently heard it was sold on again for many thousands (if only we knew then what we know now!!!). So I had been looking for awhile for the 535. Christmas came early this year as a 1988 in beautiful condition came up on eBay...I'll post a piccie soonest. It really is a most beautifully crafted guitar and, as I remember, better than my old ES335!

KC47

Heritage H535

1995 Fender Montara semi

2000 Fender USA Tele

Cuenca Electro-Acoustic Spanish cutaway

Musima (Russian) Nashville Dreadnought style steel-string acoustic

Shine (Korean) Gibson 175 copy (aarrrrgh)

Zenith Archtop acoustic, circa 1960s, sold to me when I was 15 by the drummer of an English pop group called The Pretty Things! (Paul McCartney owns a similar model).

Several keyboards and a grand piano!