Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Welcome to the HOC, kc47.

Yes, I am old enough to agree with the .. " if only we knew then..." statement. A select few that I wish that I had not sold back then.

But it was fated that you find your 535, and a pleasant fate it is. Enjoy and we look forward to hearing from you....

Thanks FredZepp,

Have never posted a pic on a forum before. Am ignant on that one. The Frank-en-champ is a buttload of fun! Appreciate the welcome...very much.

Wheaties

If you decide to post a pic it is easy.

First , click "add a reply" at the bottom of the page.

Second, click "browse" button and find where the pic is on your computer

Third, click "upload" and when finished uploading...

Fourth, click " add reply" to post it... with your comments also.

( Franken-en-champ... the name made me chuckle.. and probably describes it as well as anything..)

Hi!

Just found this while internet browsing here in bonny Scotland, thought I'd join up as I have a HERITAGE FIREBIRD which is the most fantastic guitar in general, and the best Firebird-style guitar I've ever owned, having previously owned a Gibson and a Manson (custom shop British luthier).

......... but i'm not very fond of the neck pickup (it has SD 59's).

I would try the Seth Lovers. You can also match them up to the zebra pattern of what you have now.

Hi there,

I am Hessel from The Netherlands. i own a The heritage H-160V and i like it very much. am am just 16 years old and this guitar is al i wished for.

Here a pic of my guitar

post-1625-1262522240_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

I am Hessel from The Netherlands. i own a The heritage H-160V and i like it very much. am am just 16 years old and this guitar is al i wished for.

Here a pic of my guitar

Hi Hessel welcome to the HOC. You have a cool looking H160.

Have fun here.

Wow, looks like I've missed a fair few new members! Welcome to the Club, everyone! Some great looking guitars posted here (as always)...that H-357 is uber-cool. I'm excited to see another H-160V..you have the twin to mine Buzzel. Well, paternal twins, as your single coils look different than the stock Schallers in mine. :thumbsup:

Hi,

My name is Rick, screen name Myway. This is my first post here. I have never owned or played a Heritage guitar until 4 days ago.

4 Days ago I walked into a local store to look at a couple of guitars and check on having a S.S. Peavey studio 112 fixed. When I walked in the front door I immediatley noticed a guitar hanging on the wall with the distinctive Heritage headstock shape. however on the headstock was a waterslide Gibson decal. I believed it to be a H535. I asked the shop owner about it and he confirmed it to be a Heritage.

The owner stated that the guitars headstock had been broken and repaired. He assured me that the fix was good, but it was an "Ugly" fix. I assume he was referring to the appearance. The shop owner placed a piece of dark veneer over it and placed the water slide Gibson sticker on it. I played this guitar unplugged. It was a dream to play, just really inspiring. It sounded great acoustically. The pick ups were not original. They were a medium grade Duncan model, performers I believe. The tuners were not original, nor the control knobs. It had a lot of mojo to it. Plugged in it was clear that the electronics have to be replaced, possibly pick up replacement as well. But this guitar played so well I could not put it down. It is strictily a Players guitar. Price tag $695.00, too much for me.

The owner came down a bit from the price, but still not enough for what i was going to have to do with this guitar to make it functional. I returned the following day to turn in the amp for repair. That guitar was still singing my song, but the deal was still not low enough. Too bad I had to walkon it again.

I work third shift most of the time. When I had gotten home this morning I went to bed and in a half daze I began to dream about this guitar. I woke up a few hours later and made the phone call. A deal was reached and I went in and placed a down payment on the Heritage, I should have it out fairly soon. So I now own my first Heritage guitar. Its a player, its got some mileage on it, but it is drop dead gorgeous too me. I was glad the owner saw fit to drop the price for me. When I pick it up I will try and post pics.

From what I gather the first letter in the serial number is a "G", I guess that makes it a 1990 H535. I am tickled pink about it. And I must say from what I have seen of the quality of this instrument, it will not be the last. :P

Good to meet all of you

Welcome to the HOC, Rick. Consider yourself bitten by the Heritage mojo bug. Many of us here can relate to your great story. I remember walking into a GC while on a business trip one evening and after many hours of back and forth, walking out with a 'player' 150 Ultra. It sounds corny, but that guitar simply had way too much mojo to be left behind.

Enjoy your 535. I'm sure it is a killer axe...and please post a pic when you get her home.

Hi.

My name is Doug and I go by writeman (because I'm a serious novelist and only an amateur guitar player....though I did get a five dollar tip for a improvised solo around Zeppelin's You Shook Me riff...)

Anyway I'm here because my first electric guitar, which I bought used with a Legend Amp for $350, is a Heritage H170CM. The identification sticker inside the pot cover says:

'H-170 CM/ACB C36402'

From this I get the opinion this is one of the first guitars produced in 1986, within the first 12 months of Heritage going into business. What I'd like to know is whether that makes this guitar especially collectible. It's a beautiful sounding and playing instrument. My only complaint is the strap button is on the back of the neck which makes the guitar hang awkwardly over my expansive belly. <G>

Any comments on the uniqueness factor? It's a cherry sunburst with two volume and a master tone. The bridge pickup is a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon which I put in a while back. I'm considering putting the original pickup back in since I don't like the unbalance between the two.

That's about it. Looking forward to comments from the experts

Hi Doug and welcome to the HOC. I also have a C # serial cherry burst 170, in lefty, they are not especially rare but not very common either. Mine has two volumes and two tones and originally had the VIP system with 3 mini switches but now has Duncan P-Rails fitted.

I agree on the strap button placement, the guitar does tend to kick forward while on the strap and I've been meaning to move it to the upper horn but haven't done so yet.

Paul

btw it's good to post pics !

Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I live in Michigan and have been a fan of Heritage Guitars for the last 12 years. I've made it my mission to try and support local business and buy American as much as possible. I love the history of Heritage Guitars and am proud to say they are made here in Michigan. Yesterday was my 41st birthday and I treated myself to a 25th anniversary 535. She is beautiful and I will post some pics soon. I also have a Johnny Smith The Rose. This is a "one-of-a-kind" as it has no fretboard markers in the ebony and is a 16" body insted of the 17" standard. Both are amazing instruments. I have two custom built strat style guitars a Benedetto, Godin nylon string, G&L Blues boy, Epiphone Master Built acoustic and a classical by Richard Brune' in Chicago. I have been playing for around 30 years (man that makes me sound old) and have recently been spending most of my time working on jazz tunes. I am lucky enough to still get calls to sub from time to time but am not playing on a regular basis right now. This looks like a great place to learn and a HUGE thank you to all that share your knowledge and love for Heritage Guitars!!!!!

Brian

Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I live in Michigan and have been a fan of Heritage Guitars for the last 12 years. I've made it my mission to try and support local business and buy American as much as possible. I love the history of Heritage Guitars and am proud to say they are made here in Michigan. Yesterday was my 41st birthday and I treated myself to a 25th anniversary 535. She is beautiful and I will post some pics soon. I also have a Johnny Smith The Rose. This is a "one-of-a-kind" as it has no fretboard markers in the ebony and is a 16" body insted of the 17" standard. Both are amazing instruments. I have two custom built strat style guitars a Benedetto, Godin nylon string, G&L Blues boy, Epiphone Master Built acoustic and a classical by Richard Brune' in Chicago. I have been playing for around 30 years (man that makes me sound old) and have recently been spending most of my time working on jazz tunes. I am lucky enough to still get calls to sub from time to time but am not playing on a regular basis right now. This looks like a great place to learn and a HUGE thank you to all that share your knowledge and love for Heritage Guitars!!!!!

Brian

WELCOME to the HOC , Brian....

We would love to see the 535, those all have very sweet tops on them. And that JS the Rose really sounds sweet. We would really, really love to see that one.... welcome and enjoy, and .. start posting.

Hi, my name is Guillomer, and I am from Spain, unfortunately on my country there´s only one guitar shop that imports Heritage Guitars, so they won my heart and my credit card also :D

I love each 335 with Llolars and sunbursts

Nice to say hello to all of you!

Hi everyone, my name is Gary and I am from Baton Rouge, LA. I have a 2000 150 (orange translucent(I think)) I bought from a friend who special ordered it. I drooled over it for years and when opportunity knocked....

I started playing acoustic when I was about 13, but never took it seriously. When I got married 15 years ago I quit playing. Now after two years of divorce I have really been spending a lot of time playing and really love the feel of my Heritage. I play local open mic nights and have about 45 songs (90's acoustic grunge mostly). I just started learning lead. (I bought the 150 over a year ago and didn't play it until another friend gave me a 1980 Electra x260 Invicta he had sitting in the case in his closet FOR 30 YEARS!!!) I don't know why but THAT guitar I started playing, THEN I started playing my heritage. Don't get me wrong, I like my Electra, its a machine, they are just really different.

Anyway, I turn 48 on the 1st and have promised myself I will learn the central lead of Yellowledbetter by then. (Promise made 4 months ago). I'll let ya'll know how that worksout.

I love my guitars!!! Glad to meet those of you with similar passions.

Gary aka GarysMic

Hi, my name is Guillomer, and I am from Spain, unfortunately on my country there´s only one guitar shop that imports Heritage Guitars, so they won my heart and my credit card also :icon_tongue:

I love each 335 with Llolars and sunbursts

Nice to say hello to all of you!

WELCOME!!!!

got pics of your Heritage?

Hi everyone, my name is Gary and I am from Baton Rouge, LA. I have a 2000 150 (orange translucent(I think)) I bought from a friend who special ordered it. I drooled over it for years and when opportunity knocked....

I started playing acoustic when I was about 13, but never took it seriously. When I got married 15 years ago I quit playing. Now after two years of divorce I have really been spending a lot of time playing and really love the feel of my Heritage. I play local open mic nights and have about 45 songs (90's acoustic grunge mostly). I just started learning lead. (I bought the 150 over a year ago and didn't play it until another friend gave me a 1980 Electra x260 Invicta he had sitting in the case in his closet FOR 30 YEARS!!!) I don't know why but THAT guitar I started playing, THEN I started playing my heritage. Don't get me wrong, I like my Electra, its a machine, they are just really different.

Anyway, I turn 48 on the 1st and have promised myself I will learn the central lead of Yellowledbetter by then. (Promise made 4 months ago). I'll let ya'll know how that worksout.

I love my guitars!!! Glad to meet those of you with similar passions.

Gary aka GarysMic

Welcome Gary!

H 150s are the sheeet!!!

glad you found us!!!

Monthlong lurker but not new to Heritage. I have a 2002 h-535 and an older model H-120.

Its great to see such a nice online community dedicated to the best kept secret in the guitar making industry.

Welcome onboard 79Patriot..!!! We look forward to hearing from you and seeing those Kalamazoo beauties. :icon_tongue: