Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

5 minutes ago, Gunny said:

Hello and Hope all is well.

Picked up a 2018 H-535 artisan aged today.  It’s an amazing guitar.  Light (7.6), resonant, cool checking and play’s wonderful.  I had a Gibson 59 Custom Shop VOS for a few years and never bonded with it.  It was heavier and the MHS picks ups never worked for me.  I have 3 wonderful vintage Gibson’s (46,57,61) made in the Kalamazoo factory that are stellar.  I feel like this has the same vibe and soul.  I had a chance to compare the H-535 today to many Custom Shop 335s,  Standards and Vintage.  This one took the cake.   Best 535/335 I’ve played and I’m not young :).   Thanks Heritage for making this guitar.  I’ve been looking for one like this for many years.  
My Best, Gunny.IMG_8832.thumb.jpeg.fde8a8949b7a1cb35bc60f3726845cc5.jpeg

Outstanding!

Welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! I'm Jeremy.

I just ran across a Pre-lawsuit 1996 H-150 at Music-go-Round and just had to buy it because it's such a cool little piece of history. It's cosmetically pretty banged but the Cherry Burst flame top is still gorgeous! I made the shop take the pickups out to assure they are original. All is as it was built in 1996 with the exception of one volume pot. The switch is sticky and the pickups are a bit dark and muddy. Also, the volume knobs don't turn the volume down as evenly as I'd like. I don't want to modify this thing since it's as old and cool as it is but I'm very tempted to upgrade the electronics. Is that considered sacrilegious?? 

IMG_8847.jpeg

IMG_8846.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jermnjones66 said:

Hi all! I'm Jeremy.

I just ran across a Pre-lawsuit 1996 H-150 at Music-go-Round and just had to buy it because it's such a cool little piece of history. It's cosmetically pretty banged but the Cherry Burst flame top is still gorgeous! I made the shop take the pickups out to assure they are original. All is as it was built in 1996 with the exception of one volume pot. The switch is sticky and the pickups are a bit dark and muddy. Also, the volume knobs don't turn the volume down as evenly as I'd like. I don't want to modify this thing since it's as old and cool as it is but I'm very tempted to upgrade the electronics. Is that considered sacrilegious?? 

IMG_8847.jpeg

IMG_8846.jpeg

Very fine top!  Thanks for posting photos

@Jermnjones66...Welcome to the HOC!

If you truly want to preserve your beautiful H150's electronics, pickups, etc., why not replace them with your preferred parts, but keep the originals stored.  You'll likely get more long term enjoyment from a guitar that is structurally and electronically sound, and one that has your favorite pickups.  The market for early Heritage guitars is nothing like Gibson or other large, well known makers.  So you might as well enjoy it in its best possible form.

After your upgrades my only recommendation is to play that 150 like you stole it!  ?

• Upvote 1

Thanks! I actually misspoke. Its an 1989. Not sure why I typed 1996. Anyhow, I already have a full Faber master Kit, Seymour Duncan Antiquity Set and  all new electronics ordered. This guitar is beautiful wood but I'm surprised how bad the electronics are. Decision was easy after trying to get it to sound like there wasn't a wet blanket over the top of the pickups. I'll keep the parts as suggested but I'm going to make this 150 a Gibson Killer!

• Like 1

There might have been something weird about some early Schaller pickups.   My 87 H140 just sounded dead,  very dark and wooly.   I tried changing the caps, etc and nothing helped until I put a pair of Alnico Pro 2s in.   Now she sings.

She made the trip home this summer for PSP2023.  

Congrats. I have a couple of pre 1990 heritage's and yes, I found the pickups really muddy. There are a couple of people who like the Schaller's around here but I am not one of them. I put some Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs in them and it changed everything. My favorite guitar of all times is an 86 H-170. It felt good right away but the pups sucked. Change them and you will have a really nice guitar for sure.

Hello, my name is Jeff and my best friend calls me CRP for Classic Rock Preacher. I have a 1998 Heritage H535 which is pictured in the November 23 edition of Vintage Guitar Magazine. I call the guitar Windy because every time I play it the tone just blows me away. It has become my #! guitar. I love it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Here she is with the full Faber tail piece kiit in antiqued nickel and Seymour Duncan Antiquity Humbucker Set. Electronics are on the way and will be installed over the weekend. Quite a different animal now than with those dark Schallers

IMG_9137 2.jpeg

IMG_9148.jpeg

IMG_9149.jpeg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

I'm Chris, happy to have found this forum. I've had this 150 Deluxe (I think?) since Probably 1990, maybe even 1989 (memory is a bit foggy) but sadly it has sat unused for most of the the last 20 years or so. I remember when I was maybe 15 or 16 I swapped the pickups out for whatever combo of Seymour Duncans Slash had when he recorded Appetite, and I assumed the originals were lost, but visiting my parents for Thanksgiving (and being forced to go through some old boxes) I found the original Schallers. Seems like from this forum that may not be the good thing I thought it would be lol.

Anyway, I wish I knew a bit more about the guitar, and more than that I wish I hadn't stopped playing so long ago, but here it is for anyone who's interested in a relatively old one...

IMG_4479.jpeg

IMG_4482.jpeg

IMG_4481.jpeg

IMG_4480.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sisiay said:

Hey there,

I'm Chris, happy to have found this forum. I've had this 150 Deluxe (I think?) since Probably 1990, maybe even 1989 (memory is a bit foggy) but sadly it has sat unused for most of the the last 20 years or so. I remember when I was maybe 15 or 16 I swapped the pickups out for whatever combo of Seymour Duncans Slash had when he recorded Appetite, and I assumed the originals were lost, but visiting my parents for Thanksgiving (and being forced to go through some old boxes) I found the original Schallers. Seems like from this forum that may not be the good thing I thought it would be lol.

Anyway, I wish I knew a bit more about the guitar, and more than that I wish I hadn't stopped playing so long ago, but here it is for anyone who's interested in a relatively old one...

IMG_4479.jpeg

IMG_4482.jpeg

IMG_4481.jpeg

IMG_4480.jpeg

Cool!!

• 2 months later...

I haven’t posted anything here in some time, but have been a member for years.  Over the last three decades I’ve owned nine or ten Heritage guitars, and they’ve all been stellar.

I gigged a dark burst 535 for years, but it was a tad over 8lbs, and I’m now in my early 60’s, with a back that isn’t what it used to be.  I sold that 3 or 4 years ago, and immediately started looking for a replacement.  I found a gorgeous blonde 535 that is just over 7lbs.

I gig frequently in the Daytona Beach area with both a Blues and a cover band, so the 535 gets plenty of stage time.  My last 535 had HRW pickups, which I loved and hated to give up.  However, the Seth Lovers in my blonde one are equally excellent.

• Like 2