Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

I just found this forum. It was linked from www.mylespaul.com, where I hang out a lot. Ive heard a lot of positive things about the heritage guitars. I went to my local Gibson dealer who also carries Heritage. I found one H150cm Classic, but wasnt thrilled with the color. it was like a tobacco or dark burst. I want a vintage yellow

width=600 height=450http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn189/randyholding/IMG_7477.jpg[/img]

But my dealer said that heritage is very difficult to deal with and rarely answers emails and special orders take forever. Is there a place that mail orders Heritage and has a good choice of colors ?

You've come to the right place, loaded six!  Once your post is read by the regulars, you'll get an absolute earful, most of it objective, practical, and very enthusiastic regarding Heritage guitars.  There's much to know about Parsons Street, a quirky place, peopled by some genuine characters, out of which come some of the most magical instruments you'll ever lay hands on!  But you have to learn to navigate the HOC, e-Bay, craigslist, and a far-flung dealer network to scare up what you're looking for.  But this is the place to start!  Good luck!  Might want to go back to the homepage and post in the "Heritage guitars" as a new thread for better response, though. 

Welcome Loaded 6

If you are looking to special order, i suggest you call and talk to the boys yourself 1st.  Email Ren, he usually answers with in 1 day (tell him what you want to do, and that you are a HOC member)... heritageguitar@kalamazoo.net

then go to your dealer and spec it out....have your dealer call Heritage and get the ball rolling.  Heritage is not super busy right now, so your guitar may get completed quicker than you may think.

good luck ;D

But my dealer said that heritage is very difficult to deal with and rarely answers emails and special orders take forever.

Balderdash!  While it's true that some special orders take awhile, Heritage is EASY to work with! What other company do you know of, that when you call, the owners talk to you?

They've also answered every email I've sent them! I dare say your dealer was trying to sway your decision!

Welcome to the HOC!

Here's the one your looking for! Now you just need to learn to play lefty!

Special orders are about 6 to 8 weeks out right now. Your dealer may have been venting a little frustration over past issues with Heritage. They are very easy to deal with now as far as ordering. They don't answer the phone all the time however.

width=359 height=480http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/jerrysleftyguitars/P4272646.jpg[/img]

New here, just popped in to say hello... Nice to see fellow MLP members here. I just purchased a H157 custom in old style sunburst and I must say it is beautiful and plays great.. Anyway I just want to learn as much as possible about these guitars..

Thanks....Ward

New here, just popped in to say hello... Nice to see fellow MLP members here. I just purchased a H157 custom in old style sunburst and I must say it is beautiful and plays great.. Anyway I just want to learn as much as possible about these guitars..

Thanks....Ward

Great guitar.  good to have you here with us.

Thanks for the pic. Yes, thats the exact color that I want. I'll go back and ask him to check on a special order then.

A quick browse on gbase yielded the following  from Eddies:

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...px?Item=1786434

This looks to be exactly the same picture as the one posted above. Maybe it's not for sale any more..

There's also:

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...px?Item=1969414

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...px?Item=1888646

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...px?Item=1659835

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...px?Item=1814831

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...px?Item=1688426

You might want to check the complete inventory on gbase (I didn't look very carefully), and check with Wolf Guitars, whom I hear have a good reputation and see what they have in stock, or on order.

Hope this helps some..

Hello everyone,

My first post, as I just found this site yesterday. I bought a used 1996 H150CM, in 2005, and it has turned into my main axe, far superior to my 1975 Les Paul Custom. I love this guitar, and while I hate to brag, one of the best things about her is that the store owner didnt know what he had, as he sold it to me for 200 bucks cash, with no case. He had 275 on the tag, but he knew me, from many past purchases, and gave me the deal. As he's finishing ringing me up, I told him the story of Heritage, the old Gibson boys, which he had never heard before. Unbelievable.

Anyway, it's a great guitar, I feel it was destined to come to me.

Hello everyone,

My first post, as I just found this site yesterday. I bought a used 1996 H150CM, in 2005, and it has turned into my main axe, far superior to my 1975 Les Paul Custom. I love this guitar, and while I hate to brag, one of the best things about her is that the store owner didnt know what he had, as he sold it to me for 200 bucks cash, with no case. He had 275 on the tag, but he knew me, from many past purchases, and gave me the deal. As he's finishing ringing me up, I told him the story of Heritage, the old Gibson boys, which he had never heard before. Unbelievable.

Anyway, it's a great guitar, I feel it was destined to come to me.

Welcome to the forum.  What a great story, $200 for such a wonderful guitar.  It's one of those pawn shop or yard sale dreams that you have about getting the 1959 closet classic strats for $75.  I'm sorry to do this to you, but  :this_thread_is_useless_withou.  In exchange here is a picture of my H150CM.

width=360 height=480http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g170/wingnut318/Heritage%20H-150/IMG_0963.jpg[/img]

Welcome, Korky.  

Yours is an ever decreasing tale of Heritage buyers these days.  Dealers are pretty savvy now about the Parsons Street gang.  Congratulations on one of the best deals I've ever heard of!

Does he have any more Heritages he'd like to 'give away'? ;D

I'm not quite sure how to attach pictures. Hopefully this works. I need to take some good shots of just the guitar, but here are some from the 105th Harleyfest gig we played.

Picture 157 e mail.jpg

Picture 157 e mail.jpg_thumb

Picture 159 e mail.JPG

Picture 159 e mail.JPG_thumb

Picture 158 e mail.jpg

Picture 158 e mail.jpg_thumb

RUMBLESEAT 070 e mail.jpg

RUMBLESEAT 070 e mail.jpg_thumb

Anyone else remember when it was easy to keep track of new members joining?

Did we ever decide on and award a prize to #500...or is that still in committee?  Seems some   

flattering pictures of Brent were among the offerings    >:D

Did we ever decide on and award a prize to #500...or is that still in committee?  Seems some 

flattering pictures of Brent were among the offerings  >:D

You know, I don't know if a prize was ever decided or awarded. Do we have a committee for that sort of thing? ??? As I recall, the pictures of Brent were for "insurance" not giveaways. ;D

Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome. Just thought i'd join in on the fun after lurking for awhile. Just bought my third Heritage, a 2005 H-137, to compliment my 2002 vintage sunburst H-150, and a 1993 Tobacco burst H-535.

Toivo

Great to have you here.  Post up some pics when you can.  Take care

Hi.

Found your page while surfing the net.

Have an old 1985 H140 SN B07001.

Have had some offers for it but its not going anywhere.

The guitar is cited on family web page at:

http://www.ntw.net/~w0ui/family_webpage/li...usic_h140cm.htm

Regards,

Woody

Welcome, 'wood!  My kind of top on that 140!  Just the right curl and mineral streaking!  Cool!

OK,  a lurker who finally joins in. 

I've been playing since 5th grade, which is about 45 years ago!  During that time,  I took an extended hiatus doing silly stuff like working and raising kids.  A few years back, my son and I were watching Kansas at a free concert and he mentioned that he thought the opening blues guitarist was cool.  That was enough for me to pull out my early 70s Guild (... Jim Deurloo's tenure was back then).  The bug bit and about 10 years later, my collection has grown. 

For my 50th birthday, I treated myself to an H157.  It was my first LP style guitar.  Great sound.  Almond Sunburst.  Now I have added another Heritage, a red H535.  I have always wanted a red 335 style guitar since my first music teacher pulled out his red 355.  Everybody played the 335 styles back then... Johnny Rivers, BB King,  Chuck Berry.  Gotta love that sound!

So here are my "kids"

Rich's H157 and Guild S100.jpg

Rich\'s H157 and Guild S100.jpg_thumb

My H535.jpg

My H535.jpg_thumb

Welcome, Rich.  Nice introduction and you've obviously lurked enough to know to post pics  ;D

Great looking guitars!  You're right about red semis - gotta love those.  So.. who was that opening blues guy?