Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Question..Sometimes I wish I wasn't so curious..In '85, why did they start with a "B" series instead of "A"..Just wondering..

In '85, why did they start with a "B" series instead of "A"..

IIRC, they started production in 1984, so those instruments received an "A" prefix." However, I don't know how many were produced that year

According to the Heritage website (my favorite site of ALL time, by the way!) they state that they were incorporated on April 1, 1985.  Gibson left Kalamazoo in September 1984, so if they made their first 'A' series guitars, it would have been within three months of the exodus?!  The first H-140 wasn't shown to NAMM until June 1985.  Has anyone seen an 'A' series Heritage? 

How it all began.. 

Heritage Guitar Inc. of 225 Parsons Street in Kalamazoo, Michigan was incorporated on April 1, 1985. The company is going on 19 years old, it has achieved the status of one of the premier guitar companies in the world today. It is, in many instances, the new guitar line handled by countless vintage shops throughout the world. This indicates it is thought of as the collectible guitar of tomorrow.

The idea to start Heritage Guitar began when the Gibson Guitar Corporation closed its Kalamazoo, Michigan factory in September of 1984 and moved all production to its other plant in Nashville, Tennessee (in operation since 1975). When this took place, some of the employees were asked to move to Nashville. However, since their families had spent many years in Kalamazoo, it made it difficult to uproot and move. Therefore 3 men, Jim Deurloo, Marvin Lamb, and JP Moats, decided to start a guitar manufacturing business. In 1985 when the company was incorporated, 2 other former Gibson Guitar Corporation employees, Bill Paige and Mike Korpak, joined as owners. Mike left the company in 1985.

The founders biggest resource is and was the group of craftsmen they could draw from to begin operations. The owners themselves each had in excess of 25 years of hands on experience in making guitars. To this day each of the owners is directly involved in the manufacturing of each instrument.

Heritage started operations in the oldest of five buildings formerly owned and operated by Gibson Guitar Corporation. That building was completed in 1917 and has been a center for guitar manufacturing ever since. Much of the machinery that Heritage uses today, was purchased from Gibson Guitar Corporation.

The first guitar Heritage introduced was the H-140 solid body single cutaway electric guitar. This model was shown at the NAMM show in June of 1985.

Since that time Heritage has added many instruments. Currently Heritage manufacturers Custom Carved Hollow Body Guitars, Semi Hollow Body Guitars, and Solid Body Guitars. This is to say nothing of the countless number of custom instruments made in each of the groups previously mentioned. Banjos, Mandolins, Flat Tops, and Basses, are no longer being produced because of the demand for the guitars mentioned in the above 3 categories.

Heritage is proud of it's older employees’ with 25 years of average experience and what it has accomplished in 19 years. Heritage is

also training  younger luthiers to learn this fine art of craftsmanship. 

According to my Blue Book of Electric Guitars, "Instruments currently built in Kalamazoo, MI since 1984. The company was incorporated on April 1st, 1985. ... The doors at 225 Parsons Street closed in the fall of 1984. ... Heritage Guitar Inc opened in 1985. ... Serialization started with the letter A in 1984."

Hi folks,

I am Bernhard from Munich, Germany.

I am the proud owner of

1 Golden Eagle blond #353

1 Golden Eagle antique sunburst #191

1 H-535 antique sunburst

1 Gary Moore Signature #35 of almond sunburst

Best wishes folks

Hi folks,

I am the proud owner of

1 H-535 antique sunburst

Best wishes folks

Nice collection. Welcome. Now let's see them!

Hi folks,

I am the proud owner of

1 H-535 antique sunburst

Best wishes folks

Welcome!

Cant Wait to see those Heritages!

Here is Gary Moore #35 of 75 in almond sunburst ;D

And my peronal certificate. When I bought it, the original certificate was missing. So I've sent 3 pictures of my Gary Moore to the guys in Kalamazoo. They signed all 3 pictures. For me, theses pictures are more important than the original certificate :)

GaryMoore6.jpg

GaryMoore6.jpg_thumb

HeritageGM5.jpg

HeritageGM5.jpg_thumb

Gary Moore Certificate.jpg

Gary Moore Certificate.jpg_thumb

Time is not the same as in the US...

So, Bernhard, do clocks in Germany run faster or slower than the clocks in the States?  And how many hours in a day for you?  :wink:  Seriously, welcome to the forum.  Nice looking Heritages!!

Here is Gary Moore #35 of 75 in almond sunburst ;D

And my peronal certificate. When I bought it, the original certificate was missing. So I've sent 3 pictures of my Gary Moore to the guys in Kalamazoo. They signed all 3 pictures. For me, theses pictures are more important than the original certificate :)

That is sweet dude!!!

i love my Gary Moore!!!  #22 of the original run of 75 Burnt Ambers

width=150 height=113 alt=IMG_9476http://www.heritageownersclub.com/gallery2/d/95-12/IMG_9476.jpg[/img]

width=150 height=113 alt=IMG_9470http://www.heritageownersclub.com/gallery2/d/87-12/IMG_9470.jpg[/img]

width=91 height=150 alt=IMG_9466http://www.heritageownersclub.com/gallery2/d/91-12/IMG_9466.jpg[/img]

Hi Brent,

and what about the EMGs ?

I took out the EMG, because i didnt like the sound they were putting out.  i had a set of Alnico II pros put in it and they sound fantastic in that guitar!!!

I kept the original pups and pots in case i ever sell it.

How heavy is your Gary Moore?  mine is 9.5 lbs

HELLO EVERYONE!

My name is Christopher Banks and I like all of you am a HERITAGE GUITAR OWNER. My family owns and operates the MUSIC BOUTIQUE in Northfield, NJ where we currently have in stock a beautiful selection H-150's, SWEET 16'S, H-535'S, a KENNY BURRELL GROOVEMASTER and some lovely H-575's. All our Heritage guitars are from 2006 and have never been pre-owned, they come with cases and have the Heritage factory warranty and certificate of authenticity. Please stop by our website WWW.MUSIC-BOUTIQUE.COM or drop us a line on myspace at WWW.MYSPACE.COM/MUSICBOUTIQUE. I LOOK FORWARD TO BE A PART OF THE CLUB!  :D :D :D :D :) :)

Heritage-H-535.jpg

Heritage-H-535.jpg_thumb

Heritage-groovemaster.jpg

Heritage-groovemaster.jpg_thumb

Heritage-H-535wine.jpg

Heritage-H-535wine.jpg_thumb

HELLO EVERYONE!

My name is Christopher Banks and I like all of you am a HERITAGE GUITAR OWNER

wow, that groovemaster in red wine is lovely

Ok, another question..By the way thanks for the info about the A series guitars..What are P-rails? My H-140 seems to be completely stock..It's an 85, so does it have P-rails? I'm guessing it's a type of humbucker..Any help on this? Thanks Smurph

Ok, another question..By the way thanks for the info about the A series guitars..What are P-rails? My H-140 seems to be completely stock..It's an 85, so does it have P-rails? I'm guessing it's a type of humbucker..Any help on this? Thanks Smurph

If your 140 is stock, it won't have the P-Rails. That is a very recent pickup from Seymour Duncan. Tries to combine a P-90, SC and Humbucker into on pickup. I think Big Bob on the forum here has them and likes them. Here's a link

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/new-...eymour_gives_g/