Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

It is nice to see all these new people here! Welcome to the HOC!!!!

Dont be shy to post pics of your Heritage...we love pics around here!!! :unsure:

I was surprised to see so many 'new' people, too. Then I started looking at member numbers and realized that quite a few are not new, they've been here all along! YAY!

Edited by Dick Seacup

I guess I'll through my hat into the ring, I've been a member here since Aug-07 but soon after I joined my computer CRASHED (& burned) and I lost all my "favorite" websites and forgot all about the HOC until I got the e-mail about the maintenence shut down earlier this week. So even though my member # is rather low and no one here has heard anything from me in a quite a while I'm back and will be posting more often.

BTW one of my primary axes is an 01' cherry burst H535 that originally came with Schaller p/ups that I had changed to SD 59's. I will I'm sure be getting more Heritage guitars in the future but with the economy being what it is that's on the back burner for now.

I guess I'll through my hat into the ring, I've been a member here since Aug-07 but soon after I joined my computer CRASHED (& burned) and I lost all my "favorite" websites and forgot all about the HOC until I got the e-mail about the maintenence shut down earlier this week. So even though my member # is rather low and no one here has heard anything from me in a quite a while I'm back and will be posting more often.

BTW one of my primary axes is an 01' cherry burst H535 that originally came with Schaller p/ups that I had changed to SD 59's. I will I'm sure be getting more Heritage guitars in the future but with the economy being what it is that's on the back burner for now.

sorry about your computer...WELCOME BACK!!!!

got pics of that 535?

sorry about your computer...WELCOME BACK!!!!

got pics of that 535?

Had to replace the computer, as for the 535 no pics yet but I'll see what I can do.

Edited by t0aj15

post-1040-1241546750_thumb.jpg

g]

Thanks for the shout out Tim

I'm Bruce aka White Beard. I recently became the owner of a 2002 Heritage Blues Deluxe. I have changed out the original Schaller humbuckers for a set of Seymour Duncan Seth Lover humbuckers to acheive the classic mid 50's through late 60's PAF sound. I've also added a set of Schaller strap locks to keep my baby close. Those will be the only changes I make to this beautiful little semi-hollow body guitar.

My other guitar is a Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster and I have a American made Spector 5 string bass. I don't have anything against instruments that are not American made but wanted to help support American luthiers and craftsmen. As the name White Beard suggests, I'm on the older side of life. :-)

Anyway, I enjoy reading everyone's posts though I'm not a daily visiter.

Enjoy good music!

Edited by White Beard

A big shout out to all of you HOC members that lurk in the background but don't post much!

You know who you are!  But we don't.  :(

The sole purpose of this thread is to send out a special HELLO!  And to ask if you'll drop in and say something about you or your Heritage guitar.  Consider this a kind of online HOC meet and greet...or even a Heritage-Aholic group hug.

OK, I'll start..."Hi, my name is Tim, but my friends here call me Gitfiddler.  My favorite Heritages are (in no particular order):  Sweet 16, Golden Eagle, H-555, H-150 and of course the H-157.  I'd love to own a Millenium, but cannot spell it or afford one yet.  :wacko:

Alright guys and gals, YOUR TURN!

Who are you...and tell us something about you and your favorite Heritages!  Let's see how many newbies or oldies will say HELLO!  8)

Greetings Fiddler and to all at HOC. While I've monitored this site for a long time I never felt the need to chime in till now. Maybe much like many lucked into the Heritage company by accident. After waiting well over a year for two custom made Gibby left handed lps and spending an absurd amount of money even back then in 1995. When I finally got the two of them from from my dealer the only thing that Gibson got right is that they were left handed. I was shocked along with my friend who owned the store that not only one guitar was the wrong color and configuration but BOTH!? I order premium tops and they were plain. I ordered no pick guards on both, pick guards were on them. I ordered a amber top on one and tobacco burst on the other. What I got instead was a natural top on one and a Heritage cherry burst on the other. I was floored! So a week later after I calmed down my dealer friend called me and told me about this small company in the Midwest that I should check out and gave a contact Jay Wolfe. After telling Jay my horror story he personally assured me that these folks at Heritage could out Gibby a Gibby custom made to my exact specs at a fraction of the cost, After Jay sent me of the exact color that I wanted I said lets do it. Months later I get a call from Jay he stated that may of screwed up on the color that he ordered for me and he wanted me to know that it might be too late in the build process to change it." OH NO" I THOUGHT HERE WE GO AGAIN! Jay talked me down off t'he edge and said that he would eat it if I wasn't happy. I was a Friday I believe so just for the hell I called Heritage directly. Fully expecting to get an automated answering machine what I surprisingly got instead was a real human who his name was Marv. I proceeded to tell of my situation and asked if he could help. He said that he would personally look into it and call me back asap. 45 minutes later i get a call from Marv who puts the paint guy on the phone. He says that I gotta be kidding him he tells me that I must have a 6th sense because mine was the very next one to be shot. Thank You Marv;( you never told me that you were one of the folks who owned the joint ) Thank you Jay I have my H-150CM (serial# M23603) And Thank all of you for letting me tell my story. If every company like Heritage would give a damn about there customers what a wonderful world it would be

]

Welcome, White Beard and GBOWL! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves. Two more fantastic members.

GBOWL, what a story you've told! It should be posted directly on the Heritage website...(if the guys could stop making guitars long enough to update it). But speaking directly to the OWNERS of ANY medium-large sized business these days is so rare. Try to speak to one of the managers or mucky-mucks at other guitars companies. Go ahead, try it!

Anyway, glad to have you and all of the others that have joined this special club. We know we are into something very special with Heritage Guitars.

Tim

Greetings all!

Complete Heritage n00bie here.

I intend to lurk, observe, and learn over the next couple of months, then purchase my first.

Currently, I have about 30 guitars, none of which are Heritage.

My goal is to get rid of about 2/3 of my current collection, and boil it down to about 10 different examples of specific classic guitars.

Heritage is my choice for the Les Paul representative in this new "slimmed down" group.

B)

Many thanks to Brent for turning me on to this forum!

spike

post-1040-1241546750_thumb.jpg

g]

Thanks for the shout out Tim

I'm Bruce aka White Beard. I recently became the owner of a 2002 Heritage Blues Deluxe. I have changed out the original Schaller humbuckers for a set of Seymour Duncan Seth Lover humbuckers to acheive the classic mid 50's through late 60's PAF sound. I've also added a set of Schaller strap locks to keep my baby close. Those will be the only changes I make to this beautiful little semi-hollow body guitar.

My other guitar is a Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster and I have a American made Spector 5 string bass. I don't have anything against instruments that are not American made but wanted to help support American luthiers and craftsmen. As the name White Beard suggests, I'm on the older side of life. :-)

Anyway, I enjoy reading everyone's posts though I'm not a daily visiter.

Enjoy good music!

Greetings Fiddler and to all at HOC. While I've monitored this site for a long time I never felt the need to chime in till now. Maybe much like many lucked into the Heritage company by accident. After waiting well over a year for two custom made Gibby left handed lps and spending an absurd amount of money even back then in 1995. When I finally got the two of them from from my dealer the only thing that Gibson got right is that they were left handed. I was shocked along with my friend who owned the store that not only one guitar was the wrong color and configuration but BOTH!? I order premium tops and they were plain. I ordered no pick guards on both, pick guards were on them. I ordered a amber top on one and tobacco burst on the other. What I got instead was a natural top on one and a Heritage cherry burst on the other. I was floored! So a week later after I calmed down my dealer friend called me and told me about this small company in the Midwest that I should check out and gave a contact Jay Wolfe. After telling Jay my horror story he personally assured me that these folks at Heritage could out Gibby a Gibby custom made to my exact specs at a fraction of the cost, After Jay sent me of the exact color that I wanted I said lets do it. Months later I get a call from Jay he stated that may of screwed up on the color that he ordered for me and he wanted me to know that it might be too late in the build process to change it." OH NO" I THOUGHT HERE WE GO AGAIN! Jay talked me down off t'he edge and said that he would eat it if I wasn't happy. I was a Friday I believe so just for the hell I called Heritage directly. Fully expecting to get an automated answering machine what I surprisingly got instead was a real human who his name was Marv. I proceeded to tell of my situation and asked if he could help. He said that he would personally look into it and call me back asap. 45 minutes later i get a call from Marv who puts the paint guy on the phone. He says that I gotta be kidding him he tells me that I must have a 6th sense because mine was the very next one to be shot. Thank You Marv;( you never told me that you were one of the folks who owned the joint ) Thank you Jay I have my H-150CM (serial# M23603) And Thank all of you for letting me tell my story. If every company like Heritage would give a damn about there customers what a wonderful world it would be

]

Greetings all!

Complete Heritage n00bie here.

I intend to lurk, observe, and learn over the next couple of months, then purchase my first.

Currently, I have about 30 guitars, none of which are Heritage.

My goal is to get rid of about 2/3 of my current collection, and boil it down to about 10 different examples of specific classic guitars.

Heritage is my choice for the Les Paul representative in this new "slimmed down" group.

:D

Many thanks to Brent for turning me on to this forum!

spike

A belated "Welcome to the HOC", and greetings also from Ireland, to all of the new members.

Spike ? 30 guitars and no Heritage ? You'll have to remedy that situation police.jpg

:wav:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I've been lurking a lot and posting a little since January. My first guitar was an SG Junior I bought with paper route money in back 1966. I bought a new Gibson Dove in 1971 that was built in Kalamazoo that I still own and play. I've been fortunate to own a few nice electric guitars over the years but sold my last one, a Rickenbacker 380L last year. I went through Gibson sticker shock this winter when I was looking to replace it. I've known about Heritage guitars for years but didn't start considering getting one until this year. This forum has been a great way to learn about these guitars. Thanks to all who participate and to those who keep the forum going ! I ordered a new H-555 about a moth ago and am really looking forward to playing it.

Tal

A big shout out to all of you HOC members that lurk in the background but don't post much!

You know who you are!  But we don't.  ;)

The sole purpose of this thread is to send out a special HELLO!  And to ask if you'll drop in and say something about you or your Heritage guitar.  Consider this a kind of online HOC meet and greet...or even a Heritage-Aholic group hug.

OK, I'll start..."Hi, my name is Tim, but my friends here call me Gitfiddler.  My favorite Heritages are (in no particular order):  Sweet 16, Golden Eagle, H-555, H-150 and of course the H-157.  I'd love to own a Millenium, but cannot spell it or afford one yet.  ;)

Alright guys and gals, YOUR TURN!

Who are you...and tell us something about you and your favorite Heritages!  Let's see how many newbies or oldies will say HELLO!  8)

Hello and welcome, Talisman. Sounds like you've got the 'Heritage bug'! It's going around. ;)

Hello , nice to meet everyone . I'm Lonnie and luckily have discovered Heritage (don't tell anyone) . I have a 535 I just put a new Duncan P-rail in and a LP 150 I think .Beautiful tiger striped top and Duncan 59's. I will be switching to all Duncans ,I really don't care for Schaller pickups at all . I play in the Band Truckbody Jones (Hey ...I play in the band and I've never even heard of them!) I will be adding more to the stable as soon as the accountant approves......Lonnie

Hello , nice to meet everyone . I'm Lonnie and luckily have discovered Heritage (don't tell anyone) . I have a 535 I just put a new Duncan P-rail in and a LP 150 I think .Beautiful tiger striped top and Duncan 59's. I will be switching to all Duncans ,I really don't care for Schaller pickups at all . I play in the Band Truckbody Jones (Hey ...I play in the band and I've never even heard of them!) I will be adding more to the stable as soon as the accountant approves......Lonnie

Hi Lonnie, and welcome to the HOC. Sounds like you have Heritage GAS already. It will only get worse here, a lot worse ;)

Any pics of the geetars for us to drool over ?

I've been out of touch with this thread for a while, ashamed to say. Tim's (Gitfiddler's) post says it all. Just like to extend a welcome to the big influx of newbies we've had recently, many of whom have dived right in! Welcome all!

A belated "Welcome to the HOC", and greetings also from Ireland, to all of the new members.

Spike ? 30 guitars and no Heritage ? You'll have to remedy that situation police.jpg

;)

That's a great story..I love it when things work out the way they are supposed to!! Go Heritage!! We have all heard horror stories..(With ALL guitar companies) But when it is as close to my heart as Heritage, it's nice to hear they pulled it out of the fire!!

Hi everyone my name is Aris and i live in Greece!

I'm very content with the hospitallity of this forum.

I'm proud to say i just bought my first heritage guitar.it's a beautiful h 150 goldtop and i'm elated!!!!!!

I look forward to have lots of discussions online about these fine insturments and learn from those who have been around a while longer!!

Greetings from Greece to everyone!!!

Hi everyone my name is Aris and i live in Greece!

I'm very content with the hospitallity of this forum.

I'm proud to say i just bought my first heritage guitar.it's a beautiful h 150 goldtop and i'm elated!!!!!!

I look forward to have lots of discussions online about these fine insturments and learn from those who have been around a while longer!!

Greetings from Greece to everyone!!!

Welcome aboard Aris. Go ahead and post some pics of your guitar so we all can ogle it!

Welcome aboard Aris. Go ahead and post some pics of your guitar so we all can ogle it!

Thanks alot!

I would be glad to post pictures but i dont know how it actually works here..

Could anyone please enlighten me?

Hi all,

My name is Evan. wrxplayer is a derivative of wrxgolfr, which is a handle I adopted in late 2001 when I moved to NJ from NYC and bought a new subaru and could no long be GolfingNYer on the golf forum that I frequent.

I'm 51. Been playing guitar on and off since high school and saxophone longer. Currently play guitar and sax in a classic rock/jam band group out of Marlboro, NJ. I live in Somerset County, NJ.

I'm qualified to post here due to my recent purchase of an H137. It's the second H137 I've owned. I hope to add an H150 or H157 at some point (feel free to email me if you're selling one). My other guitars are a '52 Fender Custom Shop tele, a Suhr S2 (strat), a custom tele w/ an odd but very cool bowling ball finish, a Gadow Custom Hollow, and a PRS Singlecut. I have a Swart amp and a Brown Note D'lite clone.

Love blues and classic rock. Joe Bonamassa's probably my favorite current player. Duane Allman's my all time favorite.