Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Welcome to the Club, BLS! I'm a Michigander (transplanted Golden Gopher, tho) myself; there are more than a couple of us here. That's a great looking guitar; looks familiar...did you buy it from a member here?

Hi! I bought it from a friend (don't think he's a member here, will check).

Hey all. I just got a 1999 H140 CM locally. I'd been on the look out for an affordable LP style guitar for a while and got a crazy deal on a trans red one. I am mainly a bass player but have been playing a lot of guitar over the past few years. Other guitars that are going to be collecting dust for a while are a G&L S-500 and an 1962 Harmony Meteor.

I had heard the Heritage story for years but didn't pay much attention as the Strats were getting it done for me. I play bass for Alison Pipitone, who has played a 170 for quite a while as her main guitar. I was tuning her up once before a show back in the spring and let's just say it got my attention so I've been biding my time and watching for one within my reach.

I dug into the 140 for the first time Saturday night (through a Traynor YGM-3) and... well.... wow. It plays like a dream and sounds great - lots of different tones in there as well. I couldn't be happier with my decision to drive 200 miles in the dark and rain to get it after work on Friday! Pics in the ad I saw are small and fuzzy - I'll snap some good ones and post them up here asap.

Oh, and my name is Ben.

Hey all. I just got a 1999 H140 CM locally. I'd been on the look out for an affordable LP style guitar for a while and got a crazy deal on a trans red one. I am mainly a bass player but have been playing a lot of guitar over the past few years. Other guitars that are going to be collecting dust for a while are a G&L S-500 and an 1962 Harmony Meteor.

I had heard the Heritage story for years but didn't pay much attention as the Strats were getting it done for me. I play bass for Alison Pipitone, who has played a 170 for quite a while as her main guitar. I was tuning her up once before a show back in the spring and let's just say it got my attention so I've been biding my time and watching for one within my reach.

I dug into the 140 for the first time Saturday night (through a Traynor YGM-3) and... well.... wow. It plays like a dream and sounds great - lots of different tones in there as well. I couldn't be happier with my decision to drive 200 miles in the dark and rain to get it after work on Friday! Pics in the ad I saw are small and fuzzy - I'll snap some good ones and post them up here asap.

Oh, and my name is Ben.

Hey Ben. Welcome aboard. Tell Alison we post her clips here from time to time. Glad to see you're making the leap, yourself. Good to have you here. BTW, pics are darned near mandatory. So, get with it!! :huh:

CL ad alert on HOC 10/22

Heh... it seems you guys have pretty good radar... I gave him more than he was asking to make sure I got it. He was nice enough to meet me halfway between my best offer and his asking price. The repair is less apparent than the photo depicts.

It's got a lot of character - I understand why you (we) all are so passionate these instruments. As I played it Saturday night, I wasn't entriely sure whether my hands were adjusting to the guitar or if the guitar was adjusting to me. It felt that connected. Like I said, it was very inspiring and I'm glad I'm off again this weekend so I can do it all over again with the same guys.

Edited by Ben

CL ad alert on HOC 10/22

Heh... it seems you guys have pretty good radar... I gave him more than he was asking to make sure I got it. He was nice enough to meet me halfway between my best offer and his asking price. The repair is less apparent than the photo depicts.

It's got a lot of character - I understand why you (we) all are so passionate these instruments. As I played it Saturday night, I wasn't entriely sure whether my hands were adjusting to the guitar or if the guitar was adjusting to me. It felt that connected. Like I said, it was very inspiring and I'm glad I'm off again this weekend so I can do it all over again with the same guys.

Yep my radar is working great, long range too, all the way from Ireland !

It's GAS powered ;):huh:

Congrats on the guitar, if you get a chance upload some pics to the gallery.

Greetings and Salutations to all of the newbies!

Ben, I see that you have a '62 Harmony Meteor. Cool gitfiddle! My first electric was a Harmony Stratotone single p'up, flame maple body. You've got good taste too!

Thanks - I use the Harmony when I fill in with The Skiffle Minstrels playing old timey honky tonk, swing and hillbilly stuff. By today's standards it sounds horrible but it sits just right in the mix with accordian, fiddle, lap steel and stand-up bass. Beautiful, too.

Hi people, this is Damian real name, DFire as internet nickname.

I'm here for a conseil.

I'm searching for a Les Paul for industrial rock/metal genre like Nine inch Nails, Celldweller, Marylin Manson, ect..

What Heritage Les Paul do you conseil me?

Under 1000 dollars is possible to find a Heritage in very good condition? or is better a used Les Paul Studio by Gibson?

Thank you,

Greetings from Italy.

Damian aka DFire.

Edited by DFire

Hi people, this is Damian real name, DFire as internet nickname.

I'm here for a conseil.

I'm searching for a Les Paul for industrial rock/metal genre like Nine inch Nails, Celldweller, Marylin Manson, ect..

What Heritage Les Paul do you conseil me?

Under 1000 dollars is possible to find a Heritage in very good condition? or is better a used Les Paul Studio by Gibson?

Welcome! I hope by "conseil" you mean "counsel?" Also, Heritage doesn't make a Les Paul; rather, they are called H150 or H157. The H150 is similar to the LP Standard, whereas the H157 is similar to the LP Custom. Either the H150 or H157 should do what you want--they rawk!

Hello DFire,

There are some $ 1,000 bargains that happen on a Heritage... and also, they did make some more basic versions from time to time. Ebay has some good deals often....

These are the real deal in solidbody guitars... handmade in Kalamazoo of the finest woods, just like the most treasured guitars out there. ( which , as you might know , were made in this plant , on these machines , by these people , of these woods.)

There are not nearly as many Heritage guitars out there to buy as the mass produced brands, so sometimes you've got to look for a while. But the prices right now are really nice.

I think that the pickups will make a difference in what works best for you... of course you can just change 'em out. The Duncans will be good, the schaeller ones I'm not sure. It's time to search for some to try in a store maybe... if only to check out the different models.

And if you haven't been there, check out the Heritage site for info and read their story...

Heritage Guitar Site

You will find that Heritage provides a quality of guitars that usually costs much , much more...

Welcome! I hope by "conseil" you mean "counsel?" Also, Heritage doesn't make a Les Paul; rather, they are called H150 or H157. The H150 is similar to the LP Standard, whereas the H157 is similar to the LP Custom. Either the H150 or H157 should do what you want--they rawk!
Hi, thanks for your welcome. Well I mean counsel that is an advice ("conseil" is advice in french, sorry for my mistake). I know about The Heritage's history that's why I simply call Les Paul the models H150/157.

Anyway considering that my preferred bands like NIN or Celldweller use Les Paul Standards and Les Paul Custom..

What Heritage model do you suggest me? the 157?

(I see her as Black colour (mine favourite) in some pictures on the web and I really love her...but i'm not so sure cause 150 is very beatiful too)

Thank your again,

DFire.

Hello DFire,

There are some $ 1,000 bargains that happen on a Heritage... and also, they did make some more basic versions from time to time. Ebay has some good deals often....

These are the real deal in solidbody guitars... handmade in Kalamazoo of the finest woods, just like the most treasured guitars out there. ( which , as you might know , were made in this plant , on these machines , by these people , of these woods.)

There are not nearly as many Heritage guitars out there to buy as the mass produced brands, so sometimes you've got to look for a while. But the prices right now are really nice.

I think that the pickups will make a difference in what works best for you... of course you can just change 'em out. The Duncans will be good, the schaeller ones I'm not sure. It's time to search for some to try in a store maybe... if only to check out the different models.

And if you haven't been there, check out the Heritage site for info and read their story...

Heritage Guitar Site

You will find that Heritage provides a quality of guitars that usually costs much , much more...

Hello! thanks for the answer. I know about the heritage's history, that's why I'm here looking around for advices. :D

Well, I find on e-bay that sometimes the price of a new heritage is even more than 2000 GB pounds. That's a huge price for me and my pocket.

I will search to find one here where i live, like I always do...I think that I will find a used one (hoping in a very good/excellent condition).

Do you think that age of a heritage is important (i.e. a 92 model is better than a 2008 model)?

Pickups are not a problem, cause I think I will put Duncans.

However, as important question, what is or what are the most known online stores with a very good price guitars in USA which I could buy a Heritage guitar?

(if is not possilble to write here please PM me ).

Thank you again,

Damian.

Edited by DFire

Hello Everyone!

My name is Fernando here, there, and everywhere. I decided to join this wonderful community a few weeks ago, when I ordered two Heritage guitars from a local guitar studio. I’ll tell you about them once they arrive, in a few more weeks. My first Heritage is a different one, however, and has already arrived here. I’ll explain. Once I placed the order, I registered here and started visiting this site. I didn’t want to post anything, because I was a member without a case. I started coming here every day, however, and that’s when I came across the wine red H-150 on sale by Cryoman, just after he decided not to sell it anymore. I asked him about it (if he would still consider selling it) and he agreed to sell it to me, fortunately. Let me say this about the experience, before I say anything about the guitar: Cryoman is a super nice guy and it was a pleasure to do business with him. I wish the world would have more people like him.

Now, about the guitar: simply wonderful. What an instrument! It looks perfect and it sounds perfect! I am so happy to finally own a Heritage and I am planning to attend the next pilgrimage to Parsons Street, this coming summer.

So, I am no longer lurking. Here I am. It’s a pleasure to meet all of you!

Fernando

Hey there Fernado,

I'm glad that you moved beyond lurking... ;)

And you were fortunate to grab that wine red H150 from Cryoman. I just knew from the pics that it would be sweet....

The new ones on the way should be really special.

Do you care to disclose which models you have coming in.....? H150"s?

Welcome, Fernando!

First of all, congratulations on scoring your first of three Heritages. I agree with you that Cryoman is a peach of a guy. I'm glad he was able to sell that sweet 150. It had the 'Cryoman-Mods' that made it a much better gitfiddle.

Secondly, to ALL of the lurkers out there, COME OUT OF THE CYBER-CLOSET! Drop us a post once in a while, if only to say HELLO. This is a great forum to hang out at.

Hey there Fernado,

I'm glad that you moved beyond lurking... :D

And you were fortunate to grab that wine red H150 from Cryoman. I just knew from the pics that it would be sweet....

The new ones on the way should be really special.

Do you care to disclose which models you have coming in.....? H150"s?

Hey Fredzepp, thanks for the welcome. I was going to disclose which models when they arrived, but since you asked, here it goes. One is a black H-157, with chrome (instead of gold) hardware. I ordered the H-157. The other one was a bit of a surprise for me. I managed to find a Little One in mint condition. It has one pickup at the bridge and one volume control.

Hey Fernado,

You may already know that I'm a fan of H-157's, I trust that you'll enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

It's my "go-to" guitar right now.

And the Little One will be cool. Can't wait to hear about that one..

I don't remember anyone giving us the low-down on those rare birds....

Have a Happy New Guitar Day and keep us up to date on what's coming in...

Hello everyone, I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks or so and decided I'd join. Sadly I don't have a Heritage, nor the money to buy one, (yet) but I hope you guys won't mind. You guys have a great board here!

Tempest

Hello Tempest,

Those who can appreciate and strive towards the Heritage magic are welcome here....

Welcome and hopefully some day soon a Heritage will find a home at your doorstep....

Thanks for the welcome Fred. I sure hope I can get my hands on one these beautiful guitars eventually.

Thanks for the welcome Fred. I sure hope I can get my hands on one these beautiful guitars eventually.

Welcome aboard, Tempest.

All of us were somewhat in your shoes at one time. It took me years to find my first Heritage, and that was after a close friend pulled me away from my first G brand archtop (an ES165 laminate body) and go for a solid wood archtop. I could not believe the substantially lower price of a much superior Heritage! After that first Heritage, the addiction set in.

So I wish you luck with your search and saving for just the right guitar that works for you. I wish this cool site was around when I was looking for my Heritage.

Hang around and enjoy some of the fun here at the HOC. Feel free to ask any questions you have about Heritage.

Tim