Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi all,

My name is Greg and my handle here is Zydecosoultrain.  I read postings on this site fairly regularly to learn about this rather unusual guitar manufacturer.

I've been taking a jazz lesson each week for some years now, making glaically slow progress but enjoying it immensely.  About 2 years ago I replaced my Ibanez AS80 with a heritage H-535.  The Heritage had come into Australia in a shipment by a guy who imports second hand Stratocasters. I had to order the heritage without ever seeing one because heritages are as rare as hen's teeth in this part of the world. I got some good advice from Ren at Heritage and took the risk. After some work on the nut and some oil on the fretboard the guitar is perfect, I can't fault it. Great, warm tone from the combuination of Seymour Duncan jazz (neck) and JB (bridge).  Wonderfully comfortable neck and great resonance.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you guys over the next few months.

Greg

Hi all,

My name is Greg and my handle here is Zydecosoultrain.  I read postings on this site fairly regularly to learn about this rather unusual guitar manufacturer.

I've been taking a jazz lesson each week for some years now, making glaically slow progress but enjoying it immensely.  About 2 years ago I replaced my Ibanez AS80 with a heritage H-535.  The Heritage had come into Australia in a shipment by a guy who imports second hand Stratocasters. I had to order the heritage without ever seeing one because heritages are as rare as hen's teeth in this part of the world. I got some good advice from Ren at Heritage and took the risk. After some work on the nut and some oil on the fretboard the guitar is perfect, I can't fault it. Great, warm tone from the combuination of Seymour Duncan jazz (neck) and JB (bridge).  Wonderfully comfortable neck and great resonance.

Greg

Welcome Greg!

i have a good friend in western australia, cottesole...i ship gear for him in the usa!  it is good to hear from you and glad you are a member of the HOC!!!

post some pics of your 535!!!!

Hi all,

Greg

Hey Greg. I live in Perth W.A.  Theres two Heritage dealers over here. I think youll start seeing more pop up all over Australia now.

They are awesome guitars, I love them. I told my wife I absolutely adored my 150 and she shook her head and walked away :rolleyes:

There have been a number of newbies joining the HOC and some posting (with guitar pics) and interesting comments.

It really is great to see this forum grow in such a relatively short time.

I've missed saying HELLO to some of ya'll, so for all of the recent new members of this whacky site, a very special HOC WELCOME!  :newbie::lurk::wav:

here's a picture of my H535.

Greg 

Hello, Greg, and welcome to the forum!  Very, very nice 535!  Beautiful color, figure in the wood not  over the top, and a bound headstock..nice!  Look forward to hearing from you.

Oh yeh - that IS a nice 535.  The bound headstock really sets it off.  Great finish.  Was playing mine last night and think "this guitar is darn near perfect".  What a great instrument.

Hi I am new here also. I posted an intro thread and want to say a big thank you for the friendly replies. I'm an engineer by trade and have played guitar since I was a kid. I have an H157 cherry sunburst that I bought new a few months ago. It is by far the sweetest LP I have ever played. The reason I use the name valiRossi is because I'm a fan of Valentino Rossi, a 7 time world champion motorcycle road racer in motogp. I always thought he would make a great rock star if he wasn't racing bikes. My influences are EVH, SRV, Frank Marino, Danny Gatton, etc. Listening to mostly straight ahead jazz these days though. Does that mean I'm getting old?  :)

...Danny Gatton, etc. Listening to mostly straight ahead jazz these days though. Does that mean I'm getting old?  :)

Yes, that does  indeed mean you're getting older.  But the Gatton will keep you younger  and certainly humble....:wink:  Welcome to the HOC.   

• 2 weeks later...
New member here. I hope to make it to the 18th get together. It sounds like fun!

I have two H-150CMLW's a solid H-150CM and a H-535. All wonderful guitars that are a joy to play.

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

By law I had to put the pics smiley here.  I hope to meet you in Kzoo.

Wow, Zydeco, love that finish. Do you know what they call it ?

Hi AnH555,

Yes it is a beautiful guitar.  Because I had to buy it interstate I relied very heavily on photos and comments from both the dealer and the ever helpful Ren at Heritage. Pencilled inside the guitar are the words "Alm sbt" so I'm guessing it's Almond sunburst.  The guitar was made in 2001 I think.

Z

Thanks, Z. Looks more orange other almond burst ones I've seen. If your serial no. starts with an R it's a 2001. Heck, you can even find out what day of the year it was made around here. John

Hey All,

Bruce in Baltimore here.  I bought a 575 4 point HRW about four years ago.  I just love it unplugged.  The only modification I would consider doing would be change the tone control capacitor to a larger value for when I do plug it in ... but it sounds wonderful acoustically.

Bought it from Jay Wolfe BTW ...  anyway, hello to all !!

Hey everyone, thought I'd join in.

My quest for my first Heritage guitar has lead me to this very forum, where I am in hopes of landing a nice H-150. Never played Heritage before, to my knowledge they aren't even sold anywhere in Iowa. It seems the gleaming reviews and the history behind these guitars is really all I need. Right now I play an Edwards Les Paul through my Orange Tiny Terror, great guitar, but I'd love to make the step up to a Heritage.

Hey everyone, thought I'd join in.

My quest for my first Heritage guitar has lead me to this very forum, where I am in hopes of landing a nice H-150. Never played Heritage before, to my knowledge they aren't even sold anywhere in Iowa. It seems the gleaming reviews and the history behind these guitars is really all I need. Right now I play an Edwards Les Paul through my Orange Tiny Terror, great guitar, but I'd love to make the step up to a Heritage.

WELCOME OJ!!!!

there are a bunch of nice 150s on ebay fro VERY good prices...take your pick!!!  but dont wait too long, prices are on the rise :wink:

A big 'HEY'...to all of the new guys and gals here! :hello: :hello:

We are now up to '550' card carrying members now.  OK, so we don't have no stinkin' cards yet!  :)

But it is great to see this club growing, member by member.

And  :sign4: don't be shy-bees.  Show your Heritages, because... :this_thread_is_useless_withou and your comments :mblah05: :mblah05: :mblah05: about them.  You are among (sick) friends here.  >:D

Great looking 535, Greg!  Looking at your handle, I'm feeling like listening to some Buckwheat Zydeco.  Unfortunately, I don't have any on my iPlop. :(

Hey Dick Seacup,

You got me listening to Psycho Zydeco again - our 2 year old was right into it.  I remember listening to them in the blues tent, knee deep in a tropical downpour at Woodford Folk Festival (Queensland Australia) about 7 years ago.  There's nothoing like zydeco to get a crowd jumping.

Cheers

Z