Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hey Big Ron... that is an incredible Super Eagle. Quite the stunning example of Kalamazoo craftsmanship.

And welcome Jim, the 25th anniversary models have some nice upgraded wood. Enjoy that guitar, it's great that it makes you want to play more.

Good day to all,

My name is Alan from the wet and windy UK......you can tell its wet here.......we have a drought order on :icon_scratch:

Anyway, i am looking to get my first Heritage fairly soon, i first saw a Heritage on youtube and was immediately impressed by the sound and as i investigated more it wasn't

long before i was hooked.

To make it more complicated i am a lefty and they appear to be more rare than Hen's teeth in the uk - apart from topendguitars but enough has been said about them on the forum here already.

I believe i will go for a 535, although i haven't actually had mt sweaty hands on one yet from what i have seen and heard it has the range of sound i am looking for.

i found Wolfe, Adirondack etc online but am a bit twitchy about shipping. (Last guitar i bought online I caught the courier throwing it off the van outside my house :icon_pale: )

I am lucky in as much as i get to Chicago a few times a year on business and am due to go again soon so i may be able to see one up close there before taking the plunge and ordering

from a a dealer.

Lots of useful info on the forums here so thanks to all for that and i hope to join you all as a Heritage owner very soon!

Hi Alan, there are quite a few of us Brits on the forum as well as a scattering of others across Europe :)

Welcome and well done on your brand choice :)

Hi Alan and welcome to the forum. I got my first Heritage (H575) from the local guitar store in Ipswich and just loved it. The're just fun to hold and look at, let alone play.

Hope you find something soon.

Trevor

Alan, when you're coming to Chicago, there is a shop in Evanston (near North) that often has a couple heritage guitars in stock, or you give me the heads up and we can get together. I work in the loop and have my 535 and amp in my en route several days a week as it is. Sure we could work something out.

You'd think being just a couple hours from Kalamazoo, in a city of 8 million, with hundreds of thousands of guitars and guitarists, there would be a few more shops, but no. Not to my knowledge.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Alan and welcome to the forum. I got my first Heritage (H575) from the local guitar store in Ipswich and just loved it. The're just fun to hold and look at, let alone play.

Hope you find something soon.

Trevor

Are you near Ipswich, Teeky? I'm just a bit north of Colchester! BlueDiver is in Ipswich as far as I know, he certainly plays out there :)

H, yes I'm 10 miles east of Ipswich in Felixstowe. It's great to know that Heritages with their small volume production even manage to find their way to these eastern reaches of England.

H, yes I'm 10 miles east of Ipswich in Felixstowe. It's great to know that Heritages with their small volume production even manage to find their way to these eastern reaches of England.

It's a small world.....

...but I wouldn't want to paint it ;)

Here I am 1:30am East Coast. Hi all. New here and feeling my way around. You folks are a good group. My name is Gary living in Palm Harbor, Fl. retired from Philly 1999. I have been playing on and off since 1966. Last 20 yrs. learning (slowly) jazz guitar. Have had a few jazz boxes and finally found the Heritage Sweet 16 I was looking for. A like new 1999 custom with mounted HB and mounted control knobs 22 frets. She's a beauty and I'll post some pics soon. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. My name is Jason. I live in Jersey City, NJ and work in NYC at CBS as an audio engineer. I own a 2005 H150 with Godwood pickups. Got it about two weeks ago. I've wanted one ever since I heard about Heritage many years ago. I just love the history of Heritage Inc. Took me a while to pull the trigger because they're not easy to find in stores to demo(in the NJ/NY area anyways). I'm glad to say this is the best guitar I've owned. Not that I've owned lots of great guitars but this one is special. This is one of those guitars that makes you play better. I used to have a PRS that was my fav. It got stolen from my old apartment in Manhattan back in 2005. Was playing a Fender Strat/Warmoth neck with Dimarzio HBs mutt for years now. A good axe but never felt like I connected with her but still fun to play. I've also got a cheap Ibanez S series. Got that one because I had one when I was 17 and wanted to relive my youth. :icon_smile: . Also have a Charvel USA Production Model. A good guitar with a great neck. As well a a Larivee acoustic. Sounds awesome. And a Carvin B40 bass. This bass is bad ass. Carvin deserves a bit more respect in my opinion.

Anyway I'm glad to finally be part of the HOC family. I'm not stopping with just one. Got my eyes on a 535 too.

Welcome!!!! All you new guys.... Congratualtions on joining the club!! but be careful... you start off with one.... then another... before you know it you've caught Brentitis and own a truck load!!! Only 3 so far for me.... but it's a daily struggle..... .... ;-)

Hello everybody, I started out in my mid fifties learning guitar. Learned that not all guitars are easy to play, built well, sound great, look good, or have a heritage to them that tells a story of the music I grew up listening to. My research of guitars took way more time than I spent practicing and the discovery of Wolf Guitars in my area only exacerbated this sickness. This has led me to major gas for Heritage guitars, of which I now have five (5), well one of the 5 is on the way. I hate to post this with no photos so please forgive me as I am a long time lurker not worthy of any respect at this time (a dog pile is probably in order, we used to give pink bellies with citrus for best results). IMHO I think I do know a lot about guitars and have a 525 natural with bigsby, Sweet Sixteen, 25th 535, two week old 357 with lollar firebird pickups and a h150cm gold top with p90's. As my moniker says (tonequest) I hope to cover a lot of ground as my skills improve. I have never been the contributor to any forum and am not familiar with posting photos but will learn and try to redeem this rambling mess and contribute to the praise of some of the best guitars on the planet.

Wow, lots of new blood here at the HOC!

A big WELCOME to all of the newbies and to those lurking but not posting...yet.

This is a friendly forum, so feel free to jump in and get something started about your favorite Heritage guitar or other topic. :icon_salut:

• 2 weeks later...

I joined a while ago, when I bought my 575. Didn't get too involved, just lurked. Now I just bought my friend's Sweet 16 - a guitar I have always wanted.

My name is Mark, and you can see that my ID is Shmockiebaby, a long story, but an old nickname for my very long Polish last name. I've been played for almost 4 decades, and started when I was 14, so you can do the math! Mostly a Tele guy. Blues and country, primarily blues.

Traded up from a series of less expensive guitars over the years to get to a nice small collection of the ones I've always wanted. Including my Sweet 16.

Seems like a good bunch of folks here, too.

I have been to 225 Parsons after business hours to take pics during business trips. And just realized that I'll be in Detroit during the PSP this year. But.....Aug 3 is my busiest day of work during the whole trip. Dammit.

Take care everyone!

Hi,

My name is Dale, I live in Kalamazoo, MI and work a few blocks from the Parsons Street plant. I'm the happy new owner of a beautiful 2006 H140 Second Edition. Personally I think it is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever laid eyes on. Natural Finish with the Randall Wall hum buckers and gold hardware.

I tend to gravitate towards blues and classic rock but really whatever riff catches my ear. Actually, a couple friends and I are trying with no success to find some practice space in the Kalamazoo/Portage area. Anyone know of any space available with a reasonable price? I'd appreciate any info you might have.

I'm looking forward to the Pilgrimage this year and meeting everyone.

Thanks

Dale

Hi everybody,

I purchased my first (only) Heritage a couple of months ago - an '88 Golden Eagle. It is an outstanding instrument! I'd like to find a nice 535 or 555, so if you have one that you're thinking of parting with feel free to drop me a line.

I'd like to update my profile photo with shot of my archtop, but I keep getting errors when I try (from my Mac, if that makes any difference). It finds the image, spins for a few seconds, and comes back with some kind of "no can do" error. The image was reduced in quality/size so that it is now about 600 KB.

Anyway, this is a great site with lots of knowledgable and supportive folks, so good on ya! Wish I was closer to MI - the annual event at Kalamazoo sounds like a gas.

While I'm rambling on, if there are other GE owners out there with the single floating pickup model, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Mine came with the pickguard assembly removed, and I'm having trouble getting it to line up properly. I could take it to a shop, but it seems like it should be a simple little task to do!

Finally, have any of you achtop owners out there added a tone pot to your stock rig? Once I hear how mine sounds plugged in (great, I'm sure), I may add one but would appreciate hearing experiences from others before I do.

There ya have it. Cheers from Colorado!

Scott

Hi everybody,

I purchased my first (only) Heritage a couple of months ago - an '88 Golden Eagle. It is an outstanding instrument! I'd like to find a nice 535 or 555, so if you have one that you're thinking of parting with feel free to drop me a line.

I'd like to update my profile photo with shot of my archtop, but I keep getting errors when I try (from my Mac, if that makes any difference). It finds the image, spins for a few seconds, and comes back with some kind of "no can do" error. The image was reduced in quality/size so that it is now about 600 KB.

Anyway, this is a great site with lots of knowledgable and supportive folks, so good on ya! Wish I was closer to MI - the annual event at Kalamazoo sounds like a gas.

While I'm rambling on, if there are other GE owners out there with the single floating pickup model, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Mine came with the pickguard assembly removed, and I'm having trouble getting it to line up properly. I could take it to a shop, but it seems like it should be a simple little task to do!

Finally, have any of you achtop owners out there added a tone pot to your stock rig? Once I hear how mine sounds plugged in (great, I'm sure), I may add one but would appreciate hearing experiences from others before I do.

Scott

Welcome aboard, Scott, Dale and Shmokiebaby!! (Great name, by the way!)

Scott, my '93 GE also has a floating p'up set up. I was too scared to work on the electronics since it was my first full size archtop. The mounting underneath your pickguard might need adjustment. If so, and you are careful, you might be able to adjust it. However, I always recommend folks take these fine instruments to a pro to have work done.

Welcome everyone!

(from my Mac, if that makes any difference).

To skbaily: I use a Mac too, and I don't have any problems. Are you sure you are doing it correctly?

Welcome all you guys... glad to see you enter the fray, Dale.

Scott, if you click the more reply options button you should be able to select JPG files from your desktop to upload photos.

:worthless:

Hi everybody,

Scott

Hi and welcome !

Your avatar pic, the one under your username, needs to be about 100 x 100, square works best. Not sure if that's the photo you're referring to. And photos of your Golden Eagle are required ( if only to keep the natives from getting restless :icon_jokercolor: )

Welcome aboard, Scott, Dale and Shmokiebaby!! (Great name, by the way!)

Scott, my '93 GE also has a floating p'up set up. I was too scared to work on the electronics since it was my first full size archtop. The mounting underneath your pickguard might need adjustment. If so, and you are careful, you might be able to adjust it. However, I always recommend folks take these fine instruments to a pro to have work done.

Yes, probably the best advice. Will do that and report back...