Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi Folks,

I am Brian and have eventually bitten the bullet and decided to say hello on the site.

I have learned so much from reading the posts on the HOC site and a big thanks to all for the education.

I have owned a range of guitars over the years, although I am not very good on the playing thing.

I eventually bought my first Heritage, a H150 with a Blue finish maple top, which I think its really smart. It has the gold hardware and is in fairly good condition for a 98 model. It was not easy to source one here in "sunny " Scotland and the London dealer for these, charges £1999 (depends on finish) approx $3200 for a new one, £1799 for a demo model or used one.

I am well pleased with the guitar and competes well with some of my friend's high end G----n LPs.

What was good about this 'Intro' thread is it has shown that not all Heritage owners or members stay in the USA, although with the limited availability in UK, that would be an understadable situation.

Anyway, looking forward to reading all the interesting posts and increasing my knowledge, if not my collection of Heritage guitars.

Thanks to all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm Tobias, happy owner of a '92 H-535 since 1999. I live in the Netherlands, where 2nd hand Heritages are scarce, new ones fortunately easily available now. (Haar guitars is right around the corner).

After having sold my 1990 Gibson Les Paul (replaced by a 1999 Hamer Artist Anniversary) a few years ago I need a set neck single cut guitar again.

So I joined to hopefully be able to take a H-150 off someone's hand here :laughing7:

...and for the company and good information of course.

Have a nice day everyone.

Regards,

Tobias

Edited by tobitill

Hi everyone, I'm Bob a new owner (and new member of the Heritage Owner's Club) of a 1999 Heritage H535. I'm very happy with it although I had to replace the nut (for a bone one) so that the guitar would stay in tune. The good news is that it stays in tune now and plays like butter. I've gotten lot's of compliments on the guitar. It's a beauty. I have a few questions about the guitar if anyone can help: What color style is it if it says, "ASB"? Antique Sunburst? Also, the guitar has locking tuners. I'm wondering if that was an option in 1999 or if the previous owner may have added them. The tuner hardware is black. Lastly, were there pickup options for this guitar back then? What would be the stock pickup? Thanks.

Hi Bobsky and welcome to the HOC :)

In 1999, the stock pickups were Schaller Golden 50s, a low output, PAF-style humbucker. Stock tuners would have been nickel-finished Grover Rotamatics. However...... Heritage is essentially a custom shop, building a fair proportion of its output to specific, individual orders. To this end, you can find many variants within the individual model type (e.g. H-535). That might explain some of the hardware differences on yours.

ASB is indeed Antique Sunburst.

Congratulations on your first Heritage - there'll be more in your life ;)

Finally, we love pics. Did I mention that we live pics?

Edited by H

Thank you, H. for your assistance with my questions. I too love pictures and I will post some of my H535 as soon as I figure out how to do it with a iPad. I do believe this is one of many Heritages to come and own. Looking at a Les Paul style Heritage next :).

Thank you, H. for your assistance with my questions. I too love pictures and I will post some of my H535 as soon as I figure out how to do it with a iPad. I do believe this is one of many Heritages to come and own. Looking at a Les Paul style Heritage next :).

You're welcome :)

Pics are easier to deal with if you have a Photobucket (or similar) account. Put your pics into Photobucket and you'll find an option that lets you copy an IMG link. Paste that link into your text when you're creating a new HOC post and you're done :)

I use an iPhone for most of my HOC browsing so I know it's not the same as using a PC :)

Here's my two, sitting in an English garden, waiting for the sun ;)

2b2feb57.jpg

e6640084.jpg

• Downvote 1

Great pictures, H.! Beautiful guitars. I like how you don't have a pick guard on your H535. I would like to remove mine, but for the remaining holes, I won't. Hopefully, the pics I loaded will show. If not, I will try Photobucket. Thanks again for your help.

Sorry. Not really sure what I'm doing and I think I've clicked on some buttons in error on top of everything else. I have a Photobucket account now and hope to add some guitar photos soon.

No worries, Bobsky :) We're patient types on this forum :)

4d4eabec.jpg623915be.jpgf881d4d6.jpga28174a2.jpg

Here's (hopefully) pics of my 1999 H535 and my Reverend Gabriel Reeves Signature model.

There you go - too many tags I think :)

Nice guitars, Bobsky! :)

Edited by H

H., I noticed that you use the same tail piece on both of your Heritage guitars that is different from the one I have on my H535. I suspect mine is the original, but don't know for sure. Did you originally have a similar tail piece to mine but changed it? If so, is there an advantage one way or the other or is it cosmetic only? Thanks again.

H., I noticed that you use the same tail piece on both of your Heritage guitars that is different from the one I have on my H535. I suspect mine is the original, but don't know for sure. Did you originally have a similar tail piece to mine but changed it? If so, is there an advantage one way or the other or is it cosmetic only? Thanks again.

The original tailpiece/bridge items supplied by Heritage were made by Schaller. I use TonePros replacements which are lockable but it's mainly a cosmetic thing :)

Makes your guitars more Gibson like in appearance which I think looks good. Did you replace both the bridge and tailpiece with the TonePro replacement parts? Did you notice any improvement in the performance or sound of the guitar once you did this?

Makes your guitars more Gibson like in appearance which I think looks good. Did you replace both the bridge and tailpiece with the TonePro replacement parts? Did you notice any improvement in the performance or sound of the guitar once you did this?

Well, the bridge and tailpiece don't fall off when restringing. That's about it for performance ;) No tonal improvements that my ears can pick up but it may make a difference to someone, somewhere in that respect.

Look for Marquis Distribution on the web, they're in CA. Tell them that you have a Heritage 535 and they'll fix you up with a chrome/nickel/gold/black/aged set in a couple of days. No drilling or other messing about, just a straight swap :) As you say, they look great, and that's the main reason for me putting them on.

Good enough reason for me. Thanks again for all your help.

Welcome :)

Have a wander round the rest of the forum, it's a great place and we all like to help. I think you'll fit in well :)

Hi,

The name's Steve, an Englishman living in Toulouse, France. I looked at a lot of Gibsons and honestly didn't really think the quality was there. So I went for the real thing and bought an H 575 in tobacco sunburst. I bought "blind" as it's difficult to find Heritage guitars in France ...one dealer only.

When the guitar arrived and I opened the case for the first time I was stunned.. The guitar "ouzzes" quality, visually and acoustically. It feels great and plays better.

When I talk to Gibson players I ask why they didn't buy a real one !