Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi all.

I finally joined the club after checking it out off & on for a couple years. I'm from Edmonton (western) Canada. Started playing electric guitar when I was in grade school, and the sound still gets me right in the chest - and it's all I need to feel better. Lacking in talent and long hair though...

My wife grew up about 2 hours north of Kalamazoo so now I'm a Michigan convert, although I'm 3000 kilometers/1900 miles away. Spent a few weeks in MI this summer for a wedding, but didn't get to tour as Heritage shutdown for first 2 weeks of July. It was on our list though!

Having serious GAS right now as a couple months ago found a H157 Amber on Ebay, an hour away from my house for $799 US$...and let it get away! Yes - i'm still ticked!...and questioning my sanity.

Hopefully good things to come! Take it easy.

Hi all.

I finally joined the club after checking it out off & on for a couple years. I'm from Edmonton (western) Canada. Started playing electric guitar when I was in grade school, and the sound still gets me right in the chest - and it's all I need to feel better. Lacking in talent and long hair though...

My wife grew up about 2 hours north of Kalamazoo so now I'm a Michigan convert, although I'm 3000 kilometers/1900 miles away. Spent a few weeks in MI this summer for a wedding, but didn't get to tour as Heritage shutdown for first 2 weeks of July. It was on our list though!

Having serious GAS right now as a couple months ago found a H157 Amber on Ebay, an hour away from my house for $799 US$...and let it get away! Yes - i'm still ticked!...and questioning my sanity.

Hopefully good things to come! Take it easy.

Welcome!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to the Heritage family, and joined this website hoping to figure out what type/model of heritage I have come into ownership of!

My father bought this at a garage sale about 20 or so years ago and it was sat untouched for many years. I have no information on it other than the serial on the back, D10605, any type of help would be fantastic! post-22368-0-23627500-1455938059_thumb.jpgpost-22368-0-43126000-1455938074_thumb.jpgpost-22368-0-74663500-1455938087_thumb.jpgpost-22368-0-40815800-1455938105_thumb.jpg

Edited by sldlorriane

welcome to the fray. That's a sweet guitar. If you pull the plate off the control cavity in the back, it will tell you the model number and possibly what the original pickups were. Seems someone did some swapping of the pickups and the rings, and if they did that, they may have also changed the harness.

There are guys here who can recall some of the older guitars and variations better than I, but that looks like an H-140, but without a maple cap. Maybe an H-140P or something similar. Pull the cover and solve the mystery.

The D in the serial number tells you it's a 1987 build, early in the brands history. Cool guitar! Does everything work?

Edited by kidsmoke

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, my name's Roberto, I live in Rome and a stork has just left in my garden a beatiful H150 vintage sunburst!! :icon_sunny:

As my english is not so good, and I don't know much about Heritage world, I'm gonna take a walk around to learn more about my axe, and then I'll start with my endless questions! Ciao!

Thank you Gpuma! You'll be my "Virgilio" in this trip through the heritage world! Wonderful your " AS Roma burst" I'don't care much about football, but I was in the same school with Totti, and I played against him in a storic match in our church...guess who won the battle?

See you ! (Se beccamo!)

Rob

Welcome Roberto. Its a wonderful thing to meet people from around the world, even if it is only in this "virtual world". It brings new perspective.

What styles of music do you play and enjoy? We have a wide range from classic rock and heavy metal to jazz players. We love to hear musical clips that people post. And of course, pictures. We LOVE pictures.

Enjoy yourself, and don't be shy. Your English is much better than my Italian will ever hope to be!

Thank you Gpuma! You'll be my "Virgilio" in this trip through the heritage world! Wonderful your " AS Roma burst" I'don't care much about football, but I was in the same school with Totti, and I played against him in a storic match in our church...guess who won the battle?

See you ! (Se beccamo!)

Rob

You know that the "totti story" automatically promoted your status as half legend, right?

Jokes apart, welcome to the community. Heritage ownership is a highly rewarding experience, albeit dangerously addictive.

Gio

Edited by gpuma

Hi everybody, I don't know if this is the right place to go on talking or I should move my posts in another section, however I hope I won'be banned and thrown in a jail for years...

I had my first electric guitar 35 years ago and I kept trying to play it for fifteen years through the 80's and 90's. Hard rock and heavy metal were my favourite musical tastes, then for the following fifteen years my guitar felt down in a long dream, and it kept silent until one day a wonderful blues solo (Allman brothers) woke up my axeman soul and, just like Roundbout Knights, I pulled out my sword from the rock! Since then my love for guitar increased day by day and, I restarted to take lessons and, with some friends of mine, I play in a progressive rock band (well this is our aim..) . My gear is (work in progress): Fender Stratocaster (1984) with Lindy Fralin real 54, Prs custom 22, Epiphone Les Paul and of course my new Heritage h 150. I also have two beautiful heads: Madcat (Plexi handmade) and Brunetti Singleman and two 2x12 speakers with V30 and greenback. My foolish pushed me to buy a lot of pedal boxes Carl Martin, Strymon, Bogner, Malekko, etc.

My first impressions with Heritage? Well, last night I kept playing three chords for two hours really enjoying like a tibetan cow; fifty years of rock flowed in my veins, yes I realized that is possible to have fun even without harmonic extensions, and thousand of notes at 200 btm !! :icon_smile:

Strange enough, I love the heritage headstock but I don't like the pickguard so I will change it as soon as possible; I tried to look for some threads with the function"search" but I couldn't find what type of pickguard I can buy without making another hole in the wood...

Thanks to anyone who can help me....

Rob

My first impressions with Heritage? Well, last night I kept playing three chords for two hours really enjoying like a tibetan cow

Priceless

If you have questions my suggestion would be to open a new thread under the Heritage Guitars section. This is a place just to say hi and introduce yourself.

Edited by gpuma

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

My name is Travis. I just got my first Heritage. It's a vintage wine burst H-535. I bought it from Graham at Wolfe guitars. Jay and Graham are great people. I am extremely impressed with this guitar and its setup . The 59 in the neck, and Seth lover in the bridge make for such a versatile instrument. The responsiveness ... Wow. Anyway without ranting, I now have heritage fever . Is there a cure?

Good Morning everyone,

I am a recent Heritage owner, having wanted one for about 20 years since I played my first Heritage archtop at a guitar show in Houston. I just picked up a 30th Anniversary H555 and it's #8 of the set made. This guitar really sings! It has wonderful sustain, great woody tones ( the addictive kind that makes you want to keep playing) and the finish is both 3D and gorgeous. I lucked out. I eventually will have to get a Golden Eagle. The customer service at Heritage is very good. They stand by their warranty and that says a lot.

I will try to post some pics soon.

MR555 - Don't remember anyone here having a 30th...

Enjoy your first Heritage and post some photos before the other HOC send the "picture of it never happened" posts.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi my name is Mike. I don't officially own my heritage yet, but I just placed an order for a H530. I played the stock H530 at my local guitar shop and I loved it. After a few months of saving and selling other gear I had enough to spec out and order my H530. I really just wanted a certain finish, but ended up doing a few hardware upgrades too. The finish I asked for was a plain top light almond burst. I can't wait for it to be finished. I will post some pictures when it arrives.

Hey y'all I'm warriorpoet. Been a long time Harmony Central poster, though not as much lately now that I play for a living.

I don't actually own a Heritage yet (put down those stones...), but I'm working on it.

I'm looking forward to many pretty pictures and irristible GAS attacks.

Also good advices. Many, many good advices.

Edited by warriorpoet

• 3 weeks later...

Also here's my 1987 535 :)

a7582693e3fed30196ff0d9bfec97b7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice H-535.....Gotta love those old Ampeg SS-140C's too!

Welcome to the HOC, where it's always sunny and 76.