Heritage Owners Club

How hollow is a H150 LW?

MartyGrass

Guest HRB853370

Yes, I just acquired one a few weeks ago. Was talking to John at Jay Wolfes in Franklin, and Jay told him that the 150LW and the Mildreds had nothing in common. I disagreed and told them what Ren told me over the phone. The 150LW was designed to be the way it is and it is a true LP style semihollow.

The Millie is a bit different from the H150 LW. The top and back are thinner on the Millie, and the H150 has a mahogany back. The Millie is thinner and lighter. Of course there are some other subtler differences as well. But they are very similar in general.

My set has different strings and pickups so they sound different.

DSC02841.jpg5.png

I dropped my Millie off today to get a pickguard made for it.

The Millie is a bit different from the H150 LW. The top and back are thinner on the Millie, and the H150 has a mahogany back. The Millie is thinner and lighter. Of course there are some other subtler differences as well. But they are very similar in general.

My set has different strings and pickups so they sound different.

DSC02841.jpg5.png

I dropped my Millie off today to get a pickguard made for it.

I really, really, really hope you are joking. You aren't going to cover up that gorgeous top are you?????????????????????????????????????????????? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

I'm one of the few who really uses the pickguard. I do mostly fingerstyle, so the pick isn't a threat. I run my fingertips over the PG to keep me oriented.

The pickguard will be small and made of ebony with white binding. It won't hide much.

I'm one of the few who really uses the pickguard. I do mostly fingerstyle, so the pick isn't a threat. I run my fingertips over the PG to keep me oriented.

The pickguard will be small and made of ebony with white binding. It won't hide much.

Finger rest.

It would be so cool just to stop by whenever I felt like it. Wish I could show them the 140. Marv told me how he'd like to make the next tribute series based upon the original 140. I should show him mine again. Who knows, maybe he'll use it as a template.

DSC02841.jpg

:love10:

Man, that's an awesome top.

I was in a local guitar resale shop recently, going down the wall from LP to LP, mostly 80's n 90's standards, recent "faded"s etc. Then I came to a 1976 custom, It was like a freakin' boat anchor! Night and day compared to the others. I would love to spend some time with a guitar with that kind of heft. (This same shop also has a 1953 LP goldtop, original, with P90's, hanging on the wall.) That one isn't available for walk in noodlers!

You could rent that space for storage. Definitely space for your sheet music, pics, cables & strap. How convenient is that? Those folks at Heritage sure are practical thinkers. They really have the "road musician" (Professional working guy) in mind when they design their guitars.

You could rent that space for storage. Definitely space for your sheet music, pics, cables & strap. How convenient is that? Those folks at Heritage sure are practical thinkers. They really have the "road musician" (Professional working guy) in mind when they design their guitars.

I pack my lunch in it.

I thought I smelled something. Tuna right? Remember, you can Tuna Guitar but you can't Tune a Fish.

Archived