Heritage Owners Club

The illusive & mysterious H 137

fretless

I have a big favor to ask , on the eve of my 137's arrival I am still unable to find a whole lot about them . If you have any history , knowledge or experiences with this fine guitar please share . Please post any hard to find brochures or catalog / Factory price guides etc etc as I would like to start a 137 gallery in the near future . Thank you , Cheers , Scott

Here's an impromptu jam at the Parson's Street Pilgrimage a couple years ago. The guy in the blue shirt sold me the yellow 137 he is playing here. While I thoroughly enjoy the guitar, it hasn't been spanked like this since it left his possession! haha

Guest HRB853370

I have a big favor to ask , on the eve of my 137's arrival I am still unable to find a whole lot about them . If you have any history , knowledge or experiences with this fine guitar please share . Please post any hard to find brochures or catalog / Factory price guides etc etc as I would like to start a 137 gallery in the near future . Thank you , Cheers , Scott

Neither illusive or mysterious. Think of it as a no frills H150 with single coil Lollar pickups (usually P-90 type). Seem to be very popular here.

Think of a Les Paul Junior made by the custom shop. Then think of it being made even better...Then you'll have a 137.

plus one!

Guest HRB853370

Neither illusive or mysterious. Think of it as a no frills H150 with single coil Lollar pickups (usually P-90 type). Seem to be very popular here.

Without a carved top, of course. (Sorry I left that out).

There was a first series 137 that had humbuckers. It was discontinued and came back around 2005 as the second series with Lollar P90's like a Les Paul Special. There was a special run in Korina (I have a 2007) series. The bridges were specified by the dealers so it could be a pigtail, compensated or even separate bridge and stoptail.

There was a first series 137 that had humbuckers. It was discontinued and came back around 2005 as the second series with Lollar P90's like a Les Paul Special. There was a special run in Korina (I have a 2007) series. The bridges were specified by the dealers so it could be a pigtail, compensated or even separate bridge and stoptail.

Cool ! Thank you

Think of a Les Paul Junior made by the custom shop. Then think of it being made even better...Then you'll have a 137.

I had a '62 Les Paul Jr. I sold in the mid-70's. I have regretted it ever since. Mighty fine guitar as I am sure the H137's are. Solid mahogany, one pick up. Whay more could you ask for.

I had a '62 Les Paul Jr. I sold in the mid-70's. I have regretted it ever since. Mighty fine guitar as I am sure the H137's are. Solid mahogany, one pick up. Whay more could you ask for.

The talent to make it sound as good as it looks? That's on my Christmas list for this year....

yeppy!! Wish I had kept mine..

That is beautiful ! It blows my mind to see all the sublte variations of one guitar . RJLII , did yours originally come with that pickguard and poker chip ? I bet these might look sweet with a standard pickguard too .

That is a Beauty ! what year is that ?

You getting excited????

That is an early one....like 1989 1990? the !st edition H 137s had hummbuckers. little bit-o-history there....

jumping on the thread...my latest Heritage buy....2008 Korina H 137 with a tone sucker :icon_jokercolor:

IMG_0773.jpg

fretless wrote to Mr. Lollar

"which of your P90 models are used in a stock 2010 Heritage H137 ""

Lollar wrote:

Thanks. Our standard P90s:

They are RWRP, as are all of our stock sets. Regards,

fyi , my sweet Cherry 137 arrived yesterday a big Thank you to Brent for hooking me up bigtime ! , pics in a couple days ;)

Archived