Heritage Owners Club

Cream/Pearl Tuners

duaneallen

I noticed that some Heritages here have the Cream or Pearl colored tuners and to me they really set off the guitar in a nice way. I have a 535 and a 150 that both have the nickel grovers, and I'd love to put in some of those Kluson looking ones that I see come with some Heritages. What brand of tuners are you guys using for this? Will it fit into my same holes as the standard Grovers? Can I just put those buttons on my existing tuners? Can you guys show me some pics? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.

Hi, I've done this on every Heritage I've had, bar a 516, and I'd agree that it looks great :)

You need to find Tonepros Kluson tuners. The tuners have a two screw attachment but one is exactly where your current Grover Rotomatic is attached. You'll need to drill a small hole for the other side. It's very easy and quick to do. Good luck :)

6a426a2a.jpg

I would also like to make this change on my 535 but I noticed on the Tone Pros-Kluson website that there are three models that look like they might work, and I believe at least one of those has a different sized hole for the shaft of the tuner. Do you know which is the exact replacement for the Grover tuners?

TPK33 Series

TPKB3 Series

TPKBW Series

I like the idea of keeping the tuners and changing the buttons. The Grovers are still a better tuner than the Klusons, right? Has anyone else just replaced just the tuners on their Grovers?

Will these fit in place of the standard grovers?

I put these on another guitar that had Grovers and one hole lined up. So yes they will.

Just put a set of the TonePros on. Model TPKB3 in nickel.

These are designed to replace Grovers. Perfect fit. Used the original screw hole

and drilled pilots for the new screws. 1 hour start to finish including putting on a new

set of TI BeBops.

Very smooth tuners. Best price i could find too, E-bay, $48.90 shipped

These are designed to replace Grovers. Perfect fit. Used the original screw hole

and drilled pilots for the new screws. 1 hour start to finish including putting on a new

set of TI BeBops.

Very smooth tuners. Best price I could find too, E-bay, $48.90 shipped.

Might just be the pics but to my eye the bottons on these lean more to the

goldy, creamy side while some I've seen are more greenish, gray.

Neither one right or wrong but these have the same tone as my binding.

Love the look.

DSC01086.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

I've gone this way, keeping the Grovers and changing the buttons.

Mark - did the above approach last night on a 150. I've Sperzels, so different vendor, but same button swap and outcome. Ivory matches the neck/body binding and looks darn nice. Good tip, thanks. I've a Grover set incoming to try on a semi.

I've put these Grover Deluxe on my last 3 builds.

IMG_6770.jpg

Received and installed mine yesterday. They really do improve the looks of my 535. IMO much classier looking then the standard Grover plain chrome. No need to take new photo's because mine looks virtually the same as the ones in this photo.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I've done this on every Heritage I've had, bar a 516, and I'd agree that it looks great :)

You need to find Tonepros Kluson tuners. The tuners have a two screw attachment but one is exactly where your current Grover Rotomatic is attached. You'll need to drill a small hole for the other side. It's very easy and quick to do. Good luck :)

6a426a2a.jpg

set of TI BeBops.

Very smooth tuners. Best price i could find too, E-bay, $48.90 shipped

I am making the move forward on this mod ,this weekend if all goes as planned ,

Archived