Heritage Owners Club

Finally got my mini board where I want it

jazzrat

I was really in persuit of Eric Johnson's clean tone knowing I was starting in

a hole with a mono rig.

I wanted to get it done with the minimum number of pedals.

The El Cap has that Echoplex tone I hear in my head.

Just added the T1M preset switch so I can have a complete separate setting on the El Cap.

The DD-3 behind it allows another level of delay and is usually set for dotted 1/8's

The TC Electronic SCF is certainly all I've heard it was.

The Jekyll & Hyde may get replaced with a Zen Drive or an OCD

or something but for now it offers a broad range of dirt for minimal $.

DSC01080.jpg

he Jekyll & Hyde is on my board and the OCD and Zen sit in a box in a cupboard.

That's good to know. It still sounds great to me but I start listening to the "what else is out there" voices

and wonder.

Nice board! I always strive to as small a board as possible, and then I'll need one more pedal, now I'm back up to the PT2.

What kind of volume pedal you got there? The El Capistan seems like a real popular delay. It seems like a lot of guys have more than one delay on their boards, besides sometimes using two together, I suppose ya have them so you don't have to bend down everytime you want to change the settings?

What kind of volume pedal you got there? The El Capistan seems like a real popular delay. It seems like a lot of guys have more than one delay on their boards, besides sometimes using two together, I suppose ya have them so you don't have to bend down everytime you want to change the settings?

It's an Ernie Ball Vol Pedal. I really like the washy modulated tone you get from tape machines or from the Memory Man. Both either too expensive and high maintenance or too

big for my little board. The El Cap is digital but has the warm tone my old Ibanez Ad-80 had with the additional modulation thing going on. Fabulous sounding, to me, anyway.

I occasionally use the two delays together but it's mostly just to have another option preset. With the favorite switch on the El Cap it's like have three delays sitting there in the space of two.

I was really in persuit of Eric Johnson's clean tone knowing I was starting in

a hole with a mono rig.

I wanted to get it done with the minimum number of pedals.

The El Cap has that Echoplex tone I hear in my head.

Just added the T1M preset switch so I can have a complete separate setting on the El Cap.

The DD-3 behind it allows another level of delay and is usually set for dotted 1/8's

The TC Electronic SCF is certainly all I've heard it was.

The Jekyll & Hyde may get replaced with a Zen Drive or an OCD

or something but for now it offers a broad range of dirt for minimal $.

DSC01080.jpg

Very nice. I like the Strymon stuff a lot, haven't pulled the trigger yet. :icon_thumleft:

Speaking of pedalboards, there are some really nice ones here, Koula and Tulk1 both have some cool boards and JeffB probably has more cool gear than anyone and his board never looks the same way twice. Occasionally someone will stir up everyone into posting pics, (not me of course) might be time for another picture thread.

I just finished my new board. Its full of cheapness, boss and other buffered pedals. So much tone suck going on Im going to call it the plug hole.

Think its going to work though. Just have to put on a noise gate of some sort,probably the isp decimator, and its done.

Getting your pedal board where you want it and can use it is very important. Kinda cool when it all comes together. Is the little box next to the Strymon the tap tempo?

I've recently realized that a pedalboard is something that is in constant flux - always changing. Add to that, the fact that one can have more than one pedalboard - your main gigger and, say, a mini with just some basic dirt and delay - the mini is one I'll probably work on next.

Is the little box next to the Strymon the tap tempo?

Actually no, the Strymon has tap built in. The switch is a "favorite" switch.

I can save a different bunch of settings as a preset. It's like having a whole 'nother El Capistan.

Just got that BTW. It's made by Dan Burgess at T1M pedals. Very nice guy with cool products.

I just finished my new board. Its full of cheapness, boss and other buffered pedals. So much tone suck going on Im going to call it the plug hole.

Think its going to work though. Just have to put on a noise gate of some sort,probably the isp decimator, and its done.

Sorry about the above post, cell phone, what I intended to say was, when can we expect pictures Jeff?

Archived