Heritage Owners Club

Volume and tone controls on H150

motorhead1

Morning shipmates

Recently bought a lovely Heritage H170 in tobaccoburst (secondhand)

what a a brilliant guitar !!

My reason for mailing is to check on the volume and tone control layout.

I'm not sure whether the wiring has been changed, but having trouble locating which is the Tone control

out of the three pots.. I know that might sound daft but all three seem to interact together rather than there

being a dedicated tone control. So before i take the back of it, i wondered if someone could confirm whether

the pot nearest the guitar lead input is the tone control or the one nearest the bridge or  ?

Appreciate any advice from you experts

Dave

Hi Motorhead, Welcome!

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20170/P1010010.jpg[/img]

ok..the pot farthest to the right is the master tone

the pot on the top left is the the volume for the neck pup, and the pot on the bott. left is the volume for the neck pup...that is the stock setup.

Hi Motorhead, Welcome!

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20170/P1010010.jpg[/img]

ok..the pot farthest to the right is the master tone

the pot on the top left is the the volume for the neck pup, and the pot on the bott. left is the volume for the neck pup...that is the stock setup.

Hmmm... two volume controls for the neck pickup and no volume control for the bridge?

Morning shipmates

Recently bought a lovely Heritage H170 in tobaccoburst (secondhand)

what a a brilliant guitar !!

My reason for mailing is to check on the volume and tone control layout.

I'm not sure whether the wiring has been changed, but having trouble locating which is the Tone control

out of the three pots.. I know that might sound daft but all three seem to interact together rather than there

being a dedicated tone control. So before i take the back of it, i wondered if someone could confirm whether

the pot nearest the guitar lead input is the tone control or the one nearest the bridge or  ?

Appreciate any advice from you experts

Dave

:this_thread_is_useless_withou :this_thread_is_useless_withou

Archived