Heritage Owners Club

H-127

thierryt64

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this board (just signed up yesterday), but I (ironically) may be one of the first Heritage Guitars players on here... let me explain  :)

I bought my 1986 H-127 Custom back in, well... 1986. Brand spanking new. And I still play it -- 100% original.

I'm attaching a pic of my baby and hopefully you can look at it.

I'm wondering if the Heritage * Gods* are reading this forum... and if so, could they let me know who built this beauty that I've been making love to for the last 22 years. Her serial number is C24502.

Let me know if you want to know more about our story...

h-127.jpg

h-127.jpg_thumb

Well, that's great, Thierry, since most topics here are about new and shiny Heritages and I think you are the second contributor (after me) to talk about a 127. I've had one too, but I passed it on to a friend. I liked the way it played and especially the neck was more than excellent. The Schaller pickups on my particular 127 were of the unwaxed type and produced a lot of feedback, so I couldn't really use it live. I did make one recording to demonstrate to the other HOC-members how nice it sounded (http://boomp3.com/listen/dm08fpv_p/heritage-127-plays-the-blues). Did you ever record yours? Let us hear it!

Looking at your 127 I noticed a difference (Heritage liked to vary with their older models). The Schallers on your 127 have no covers on 'em and most probably they are of the same kind as I have on my 162. I like them a lot better and never felt the need to replace them (and neither did you all those 22 years!). To me these humbuckers are a lot hotter than the nickel covered ones and they're probably waxed. I tried to find out what type the two Schaller varieties are, but noone could help me. Do you know what body wood is used on yours? It looks like maple (which should make the guitar a little heavy and the tone very bright and precise) - mine is mahogany.

Your guitar was built by the original luthiers that worked in the Kalamazoo custom shop after Gibson left for Nashville. I do not suppose there where many more employees than Jim Deurloo, Marvin Lamb, JP Moats and Bill Paige back in 1986 since they were just starting out their own Heritage company. Most of the time Rendall Wall (the guy that deals with emails) can tell something about these older guitars. Just send an email with a picture  via the Heritage website and ask.

I put a couple of pictures of my former 127 on my website which I hope is not too slow for you: http://www.jacquesguitars.com/Heritage127_English.html You can also look at some othere models there, including the 162 with those Schaller humbuckers.

It would be nice if you would post some pics of your model on our special HOC Photobucket page. Login name = heritageguitarpics and password = heritage150

This way we can display as many varieties of old and new Heritage guitars and yours deserves a place there!

cheers

welcome-

a very nice guitar.

I have a Stat from the same year, a pawnshop rescue, and a HFT 445 acoustic that was a factory reject w/broken neck.  Reglued, sounds/works perfect.

both "C" models.

Thanks, you guys -- what a friendly little community I've found here! I'm really going to try and meet you all in K'zoo in July :)

Jacques, thanks for your detailed answer and story. I checked out your website and H-127 page; very cool and nicely commented. I can see you really love your guitars :)

Are you in Belgium? I came to live in Canada, from France, 20 years ago (1988). I remember my first shopping stop was for an amp., so I stopped by Steve Music on Queen St., and since I didn't have a lot of $$... I bought a Peavey Bandit 75 (good little amp for the price though). I showed my H-127 to the guitar rep. and asked him if he carried that brand. To which he answered, "no we don't, but I know Heritage and they stopped making yours, so hang on to it!" -- As you can see, I have :-)

The body on my custom is mahogany. The actual reference on the sticker inside the back plate is H-127 HTCV ASB.

I believe the H-127 open humbuckers on my custom are the Schaller Golden 50's:

http://schaller-guitarparts.de/hp31360/Gol...50-_Bridge_.htm

Thanks for your generous welcome, y'all -- Thierry

THE GUYS DOWN TO HERITAGE WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT....IF YOU MAKE IT TO THE PILGRIMAGE, YOU SHOULD TRY TO BRING IT

NOT TO MENTION, I KNOW A COUPLE ATTENDIES WHO WOULD LOVE TO PLAY IT :wink:

Thanks again, Brent and Big Bob :)

Of course, I will bring it with me -- hopefully homeland security won't confiscate it at the border in Detroit, on "national security" grounds ;)

Anyone who'd like to play my vintage '86 H-127 will be more than welcome :)

Archived