Heritage Owners Club

The New Pickups

HANGAR18

Yea, I mentioned that Jay Wolfe was touting a new Heritge pickup. But, you know since Jay is their biggest dealer maybe he just wanted it to be exclusive. But I don't know :dontknow:

Has Wolfe's been advertising the new pickups. I haven't looked at their site in a while. I used to get some good gossip when I stopped in at the Nashville shop before it closed.

That is how I first heard of them. The Wolfe guitar web site.

What's with the Golden Age pickups made for Heritage? Or is this something completely different? I thought Heritage used Duncans for their stock pickup.

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/22485-which-pickups-on-my-h535/

I am under the impression that Seymour Duncans or Shallers are the most common pickups used by Heritage as "stock" pickups.

I also seem to have a faint memory of someone mentioning something being manufactured under the Parson Street name which had no affiliation with Heritage guitars, but I don't remember what that item was. I noticed that the Stew Mac web site and their video for those pickups made no mention of Heritage Guitars. Perhaps there was an affiliation with those pickups at some point in the past.

That is how I first heard of them. The Wolfe guitar web site.

I am under the impression that Seymour Duncans or Shallers are the most common pickups used by Heritage as "stock" pickups.

I also seem to have a faint memory of someone mentioning something being manufactured under the Parson Street name which had no affiliation with Heritage guitars, but I don't remember what that item was. I noticed that the Stew Mac web site and their video for those pickups made no mention of Heritage Guitars. Perhaps there was an affiliation with those pickups at some point in the past.

Pretty sure StewMac's touting the pre-Heritage association with Parson Street on their pickups. Just a guess, tho'.

Is this discussion about the pickups wound in Kalamazoo by Ken Rambow ? He's a friend of Ren's and lives about 10 minutes from the plant. There is a thread about those somewhere here... although I haven't been able to find it again yet.

They were first used, as a prototype, in a 150 around April 2012...

some specs on those from Ken...

Nickel silver baseplates, nickel plated pole
pieces, plain enamel wire, Alnico 5 magnets. Not trying to re-invent
the wheel. Just keepin' it rollin'. I learned winding numbers years ago
from a long time employee of Gibson who had stayed on through the
transition to Heritage...he knew them by heart. These pickups show
great respect for traditional design. I am just the winder, but I hope
to wind more. It's something that fits Kalamazoo.

When Marv and I were talking pickups several months ago I told him that I had heard Ren had something cooking in the way of custom pickups and he said "Let me let you talk to Rendall, but I'm going to be standing next to the phone just in case he tells you something way out there, I'll cut his nuts off if he trys to tell you anything crazy"

Which, I thought that was hilarious, but when I point blank asked Ren if he had a new pickup ready he said "No" Short and to the point, just like his emails.

I'd say Marv did a pretty 'good' job there.

Archived