Heritage Owners Club

Decoding Heritage Serial Numbers

Administrator

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I just bought an H150LW and serial number is x28805, the 77th day of 07 was a sunday and it was the fifth guitar built that day...am I right? do they work on sunday?

No, they don't work on Sunday. Is there any chance that one of the 8's in the serial number is actually a sloppy 0 ?

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I finally got my new H 535- what a great instrument!!!

Now I am a new member of this forum, and I have one question:

My serial number ist AB 13804- it is the H535 25th anniversary, but AB makes me wonder....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both my 445 and my 535 have a 'D' making them 1987. The 445 was the first guitar completed that day.. the 535 the second made 7 days later. Kind of cool to know that. Thought they were both made a couple of years later. Thanks for posting this.

• 2 months later...

My heritage H150 cm ultra has two numbers why? L11004 and over the top of that number is 144 what does it mean?

It's a limited run of some sort. The L11004 is the serial number. Is it perhaps a H150 DLX ( Deluxe ) ? .. got a pic?

Heres my baby

Very nice ! A great looking ultra top and matching wood pickguard. I bet that it has a matching headstock also.. ( not black ) .

Have you read the label in the control cavity? there may be more info there.

It says it a deluxe limited and your right the head stock is wood like the body .I paid a 1000.00 for it my buddy said it was worth it but its the first heritage ive bought wondered what it value was

The 150 deluxe models in good condition sell for probably $1,300 - $1,500... less if any condition issues or more for something extrordinary..

• 1 month later...

Did the guys work on Sundays??

The serial no. of my H 555 is R 06402.

That indicates for me, that the guitar was finished as the 2nd guitar on Sunday, October 28th of 2001. Is that correct?

First post! Finally was able to buy one. Serial starts with a "G". So, i guess it would make it a 1990? Stinger on the back of headstock, german bridge and tailpiece, Schaller pickups.

Did the guys work on Sundays??

The serial no. of my H 555 is R 06402.

That indicates for me, that the guitar was finished as the 2nd guitar on Sunday, October 28th of 2001. Is that correct?

No, the guys don't work on Sunday...

But you are right about the serial number. Probably just human error in putting the number on it..

Are any numbers not clear and might be something else? ...

I don't know if they'd have a better answer for that one... hard to say how it happened.

My 575 would have been finished on Saturday May 5th 2012.

I know it was in finishing until May 24th then buffed out, then the parts were installed. They must stamp the numbers before it go into finishing /painting. I'm thinking the date might be when the necked is glued to the body and after the final white wood sanding.

Question for PSPV

First post! Finally was able to buy one. Serial starts with a "G". So, i guess it would make it a 1990? Stinger on the back of headstock, german bridge and tailpiece, Schaller pickups.

Welcome to the HOC, Angelo :)

So, which model do you have? Any pics? We LOVE pics :)

post-5285-0-30210500-1340537866_thumb.jpg Thanks, it's a 150 cm osb i think. I'll get better at posting pics. a little different process on this forum.

Nice! :) There's a label on the inside of the control cavity cover which will have model and colour details. And yes, G is 1990 :)

Thanks for the pic, now go and enjoy yourself showing your new guitar in the main forum area! :)

Archived