Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Golden Eagle vs Gibson Citation

Keith7940236

I've always seen the Golden Eagle compared to the L-5. I came across some pictures and a description of the Citation and was wondering if that is what the Golden Eagle is based on?

Perhaps there is a HOC member that knows the background of the Golden Eagle design.

9181ji_20.jpeg145.jpg

Thanks,

Keith

I always think of the GE as close kin to the Kalamazoo Award.

aka1.jpg

Son, I say, SON.... that is one FABULOUS guitar. Is it yours?

Wowzers!!!

Maybe I should have worded that differently. The Citation and the Golden Eagle both had the cloud inlays and the same shaped fretboard binding where the pup is mounted. Perhaps I should have said is was the Golden Eagle patterned after the Citation.

I saw the same consistency with the same photo.

No, no, no, the KA is not mine. When I bought my GE (now Gitfiddler's) from Jay in 93, he had his Kalamazoo Award on display at the same show, and I did a side by side. The GE had slightly less binding/bling, but better wood figure, and played, as they say, "like butta". The features that link the KA in my mind are the headstock eagle inlay and the wood inlayed bail tailpiece, which you won't find on a Citation. Not that a Citation is a slouch by any means! Love 'em both, but have never been able to afford either...Thanks goodness for Heritage...

No, no, no, the KA is not mine. When I bought my GE (now Gitfiddler's) from Jay in 93, he had his Kalamazoo Award on display at the same show, and I did a side by side. The GE had slightly less binding/bling, but better wood figure, and played, as they say, "like butta". The features that link the KA in my mind are the headstock eagle inlay and the wood inlayed bail tailpiece, which you won't find on a Citation. Not that a Citation is a slouch by any means! Love 'em both, but have never been able to afford either...Thanks goodness for Heritage...

Here's a side by side comparison to clarify DC Ron's comments...

gallery_8_136_304644.jpg

aka1.jpg

Well, and to just throw a wrench into the whole comparison.....

Here is my Florentine Golden Eagle that looks nothing like a Citation.... sorry....

Front2web.jpg

Archived