Heritage Owners Club

Another New Song With My H150

rockabilly69

I am really loving my new (to me) H150. I spent all night writing the guitar fill/song in this song.

It comes in on the two choruses and is also the chordal/melody solo. This guitar is really

nailing what I'm hearing in my head. The acoustic guitar is The Parkwood LE061 that I was

selling here at the forum, but I decided to keep.

Here's the song... http://soundcloud.co...blink-of-an-eye

PWTwo.jpg

H150Recording.jpg

Excellent work again! :)

Mods: would it be possible to create another area in the site for self-performed music submissions? At present these are spread between this area and the Family Tree and are easily lost in the rest of the frequent posts in those parts of the site.

Excellent work again! :)

Mods: would it be possible to create another area in the site for self-performed music submissions? At present these are spread between this area and the Family Tree and are easily lost in the rest of the frequent posts in those parts of the site.

Great Idea Howard. I love listening to some of the great music (like this one) that Heritage folks put on the site.

wow, that sounds fantastic!!

still listening...but how did you mic/record the acoustic? very good gtr sound

aha...here comes the electric :D hot damn, very tasty stuff!!

The acoustic guitar was mic'd M/S with a Rode NTK (John Bonnell modded) as the mid mic, and a Rode K2 as the side mic.

They are run straight into a RME UCX which has 2 very great mic preamps. The electric guitar is my H150 run into a GSP1101,

then into a Drawmer 1960 preamp/compressor, which is the most used piece of gear I own. The vocals were recorded with a

CAD E200 (original model), into the same Drawmer 1960. What's funny, I see bad reviews for every piece of gear I used, except

for maybe the RME UCX, but, I love every one of these pieces! And I really love my H150!

Here's the same mic setup on my National Reso, this is a demo that I will properly record next week! I was just

singing into the guitar mics:)

http://soundcloud.co...n-1/the-station

When I was recording my first CD I had to have a reso for a song I was working on. Of course I was broke as I just started out

as a fulltime musician, so I sold a Gretsch guitar that I had to buy one, and that led me down the slippery slope:) The first one

was a cheap Johnson Model 0 knockoff, and within days I started modding it to sound like a National. I first swapped out the

biscuit, then a new cone, and then a new neck. Not long after my girlfriend bought me a National Western D and that sealed

the deal I was hooked!

what does that mean, lol

I mean to get one of those things, I love them.

Tricones are the very first concept developed by John Dopyera (that later founded with his brother the brand DOBRO, DOpyera BROthers) to produce an instrument loud enough to play in a band setting. Later, to make them more affordable, Dobro introduced single cone versions with wooden body.

What Rockabilly has is a fine example!

Archived