Heritage Owners Club

Dead Horse Amps - The Ultimate Boutique Amp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

Sounds like a half-assed attempt at the Alexander Dumble hogwash. I got no time for that sort of crap. build it, sell it. Don't build it, don't sell it. Pick a side and go. Clever for the sake of clever, isn't really that clever.

In the immortal words of Han Solo "Bring it on, I prefer a good fight to all this sneaking around."

Sounds more like an entrepreneur just trying to make a living. There are plenty of boutique amp builders out there with their own unique name. If you don't have time for it, then don't buy it, but don't knock it

Guest HRB853370

Sounds more like an entrepreneur just trying to make a living. There are plenty of boutique amp builders out there with their own unique name. If you don't have time for it, then don't buy it, but don't knock it

But then I read the rest of the postings and realize, ah, this was just a joke to begin with!! I am so gullible.

No, however back in the 70s, the bass player in my band had a YBA3. He used not one, but TWO cabinets with double 15s.

Talisman%20-%20St%20Theresa%20Bill%20Mik

sweet!!

those YBA's are killer amps....I sold my '70's Ampeg SVT & 8x10 cab because it was redundant...sure it had more power but I never EVER turned it up past 9 o'clock anyway!!

the YBA gets into the sweet spot & gives up the goods at sane levels

European beef? ;)

Nope, scotch...

As Charlie Sheen would say: "whinnying!"

I was over at a friend's house the other day and he had this incredible amp. The logo was a horse lying on its back, appearing to be dead. I had never seen one before, or even heard of them: Dead Horse amps. They don't have a website. Advertisement is strictly by word of mouth. They're not supposed to be super expensive at all, but they're supposed to be almost impossible to get. You don't get one unless you go through some type of audition, which can be conducted in person or via Skype or something similar, but they have to be able to see you playing before they agree to build you one. It's not about how good you are or how good you sound, more like "how true to your sound" they consider you to be. You could be a beginner and get one, the same way you could be a pro and be turned down. You only get in touch with them by referral from a Dead Horse amp original owner. If you sell the amp without giving them the right of first refusal, you get blacklisted and can never purchase another amp from them again.

No offense, but if I were starting a boutique amp company I would place this exact post on every guitar forum out there. Nothing like creating a sense of exclusivity to make people want something.

Archived