Heritage Owners Club

Real Men Don't Do Kitsch- American Eagle update

MartyGrass

I like the word kitsch for this.

Here are some new pix. The bell is being polished and the fretboard cleaned and frets polished. It looks like there is a story inside the f hole.

I won't get this for a couple of weeks while it is being set up.

DSC01517_zpsf375fcd1.jpgDSC01512_zps8b2b240b.jpgDSC015111_zpsc7e6265a.jpgDSC015101_zpscf4dead0.jpg-DSC01509_zps75458bb4.jpgDSC01502_zps60ebc033.jpgDSC01501_zpsb800b912.jpg

Like the figures in the clouds. What are you using to treat the ebony board ?

Like the figures in the clouds. What are you using to treat the ebony board ?

Fret Doctor on the ebony, cleaning it off rapidly and repeating until there is no residual mung.

The bell is being cleaned with Virtuoso Guitar Polish, not the cleaner, which is too harsh.

I'm not doing this cleaning however. Personally I'd use lemon oil (which is really mineral oil) on the fretboard and scrub with a soft bristle toothbrush. I'd probably spray Pledge or Fender polish on the bell and lightly buff it with Mothers PowerBall. But then I'm not very sophisticated.

It just gets better and better. Thanks for the tips on care and feeding these magnificent beasts!

Never realised the inlays were so detailed on that model, lots of work went into the making of that guitar. Very, very nice.

+1, I never seen inlays like that, but I also don't see those guitar up close and personal either... Wow, now I need to look at the factory production models next month and see if they still do those inlays!

Kitschy kitschy ya ya da da!! Creole Lady Marmalade!!

That archtop is something else.

:laughing4:

I too, like the idea of the engravings on the cloud inlays.

I am told that the label inside states that everything in the guitar is American made and it lists who made it. I'm told JP Moats did most of the wood work.

I'll post a pic of the label when I get the guitar.

Archived