Heritage Owners Club

New here, want to spec out a new 150

bill150

Hi everyone, new guy, first post.

First off, I have been lurking around here for some time and want to say what a great bunch of members this site has.

I have an H150 about ten years old, no complaints, looks nice, sounds good, feels good, has Duncan 59's, but that's about all I can tell you.

I wish the Heritage web site went into more detail when it comes to specifications, you know frets, pots caps, neck tenon...

I think I have really good H150, but sometimes I wonder if I can have an extraordinary H150.

If I were to sell and upgrade, I mean custom order my Holy Grail. Can I do much better than I already have? Or better to upgrade what i have?

As far what tone am I after, Gibbons, Page, Duane, love Duane’s tone, Fillmore

East-Stormy Monday!! Duane's solo...drewl.

For starters:

- Finish: VWB, or maybe Vintage Sunburst

- Long neck tenon.

- Headstock binding

- Pickups, Not sure, give me your ideas based on the tone I'm after, I know so subjective.

- Pots and caps, I don't know much in this area. What comes stock, or what would be a good upgrade.

Thoughts, suggestions? Help me spec out my dream guitar.

Let's say spare no expense.

Thanks,

Bill

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Bill, welcome from out of the shadows!

As for bettering the one you have. Probably not. But! Getting something just as good, personally spec'd, will give you something different. Guitars are a living thing, no two alike. Right now, about the only thing I actually have to comment on is the tenon. Couple of years ago Heritage moved back to a longer tenon on the 150s. No need to specify that. From there, it's whatever you want and they will do. Oh, and +1 on the headstock binding. It always looks classy.

Hey Bill, welcome from out of the shadows!

As for bettering the one you have. Probably not. But! Getting something just as good, personally spec'd, will give you something different. Guitars are a living thing, no two alike. Right now, about the only thing I actually have to comment on is the tenon. Couple of years ago Heritage moved back to a longer tenon on the 150s. No need to specify that. From there, it's whatever you want and they will do. Oh, and +1 on the headstock binding. It always looks classy.

I agree, and remember that your guitar has had 10 years to get set in and the tone is probably going to continue to improve!! By the way Welcome to the HOC.. and as always my 2 cents!!

If I were to order a custom 150 tomorrow it would have to have a bound headstock and an inlaid mother of pearl logo. As for pickups most likely I'd go for Seth Lovers. I've already posted this photo once today but I'll go again ...

gallery_328_8_90297.jpg

My lefty 2003 150 with bound headstock and mop inlaid logo. The Kluson tuners were added by the previous owner, I like those. Grovers are fine also, I don't really have a preference for either type.

As far as I'm aware a bone nut installed in factory is also an option, I'm sure other HOC'ers can verify.

Welcome to the forum.

Post pictures of your 150. We might be able to offer some insights regarding upgrades. Heritages come with a long neck tenon. The electronics on your guitar can be upgraded if you like.

I will try to post some pics, you know, still new.

Can you guys post some picks of 150's?

Looking for finish ideas!!!

You guys are great, responses so fast for some what of a small community.

Maybe that's what i like about it, and Heritage.

Buy the way, Michigan boy here, Fenton.

Hi everyone, new guy, first post.

I have an H150 about ten years old, no complaints, looks nice, sounds good, feels good, has Duncan 59's.

From my experience the necks have changed alot in 10 years, If you like your 03 i suggest you ask them to match the profile shape of the neck... Newer necks are coming in larger sizes lately.

Other than that, embrace the experience... The world is truely your oyster.

I will try to post some pics, you know, still new.

Can you guys post some picks of 150's?

Looking for finish ideas!!!

You guys are great, responses so fast for some what of a small community.

Maybe that's what i like about it, and Heritage.

Buy the way, Michigan boy here, Fenton.

Welcome to the HOC, glad to see you're keeping 225 busy :)

Here's a pic of my 150, all the way from Essex, UK :)

4A2DE7AA-7A45-4F9D-9834-21BFB3DCFCDF-160

Need to get out more, nice flame, what finish is that?

I'm 'H', the 'Needs to get out more' is a forum comment on how often I post :)

That finish is Antique Sunburst (ASB) - I have three Heritages in ASB and the colour is different on every one :)

Welcome bill150,

I can't add too much other than you'll find a wealth of info from the fine folks on this forum. Also, make it a point to attend the next PSP. It's an experience like no other! BTW, I'm not too far away being I'm located in Highland.

Davesultra,

Nice to hear from a local!! I made my own solo PSP about ten years ago and took the tour, would love to jump on the bus for the real PSP!!

This is fast becoming my favorite site.

BTW, I try to stop in at Motor City Guitar about once a week, not far from you, sure you've been there.

Billgelder, that must be like a one of kind, tell me more. What's your story?

I asked Marv to copy the finish of the Les Paul on the cover of the book The beauty of 'Burst. He said he could and I think he nailed it.

beautyBurst_zpsdfd919c1.jpg

Archived