Heritage Owners Club

NGD...2001 Millennium DC w/ HRWS

brentrocks

After a long negotiation and a long wait, today I finally received the Milli DC from TX.

I was very leery to buy it because it was a #2, but had beautiful wood, HRWs and all the bling, so I decided to take a shot in the dark.

The first thing I knew I was going to do was lose the gold hardware. I took out the HRWs and installed chrome covers on them, re-installed them back in the guitar. I installed chrome locking Tone Pros Nashville hardware and chrome locking Grovers. I polished the frets, sprayed the pots, strung it up and tweaked the truss rod a bit.

It has a lot of nice features....ebony board with MOP blocks, multi ply binding on the body, bound/inlayed headstock.

The reason it is #2ed if for a finish flaw between the pickups and the upper F hole. Its somewhat noticeable, but not really horrible.

I just got done putting it together and I plugged it in briefly....it sounds like a Heritage semi hollow with HRWs should sound.....aggressive bridge pickup, fat/creamy neck tone. It has a medium/thin neck and play like a dream.

IMG_4961_zpsed348dde.jpg

IMG_4959_zpsa6cc75e8.jpg

IMG_4957_zps61b85a18.jpg

IMG_4951_zpsb0d8bb7c.jpg

IMG_4950_zps4122df53.jpg

IMG_4948_zps98223e9c.jpg

IMG_4946_zps9cb0371a.jpg

That's one of the sweetest looking guitars I've ever seen - is that just plain ol' almond burst? Looks particularly good on that guit.

Guest HRB853370

That's one of the sweetest looking guitars I've ever seen - is that just plain ol' almond burst? Looks particularly good on that guit.

Looks chestnut burst to me!

Well snagged Brent !

I notice it has a rear access panel. Is the back flat or slightly arched ?

Paul, that one will be flat. All of the current production Millies are flat back. Unless ordered otherwise.

Archived