Heritage Owners Club

Ampeg J12r Amp

It sounds like one of the "reissues", which is not a true reissue by any means. The original Jet series were labeled; J12, J12A, J12B and J12D.

The newer Jet will have a pair of 6bq5's unless it's a "Super Jet" which has a pair of EL34's.

I love Vintage Ampegs, but can you find out what year, and what power tubes it uses? It has got to be way more than 30 years! The

power tube identification will help. The earliest Jet's had 6V6s then they went to 7591. Also does it have a tube rectifier? They reissue

the J12R in the 90's with EL84 tubes and those were circuit board amps that had cabinets with serious rattle issues that drove people

crazy!

My 1966 J12D is rock solid.

It's been my drag around to smokey jazz clubs when I didn't want to bring my Twin to sit in amp for years.

I finally had to re-tube and re-speaker it a year ago.

The 7591 power tubes are available new or NOS (I opted for the costly ones),

but the 6BK11 preamp tubes were difficult. Couldn't find any, then some NOS appeared, very pricey!

It's a good amp, more mid-heavy than Fenders, but it will not overdrive into heavenly bliss like a Fender.

It sounds like one of the "reissues", which is not a true reissue by any means. The original Jet series were labeled; J12, J12A, J12B and J12D.

The newer Jet will have a pair of 6bq5's unless it's a "Super Jet" which has a pair of EL34's.

Nope there are vintage J12R's and they look wild...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/In%20Store%20Used%20VINTAGE%20AMPEG%20REVERBOJET%20J12R%20Standard

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Vintage-VINTAGE-1967-AMPEG-J12R-REVERBOJET-18W-1X12-COMBO-109523569-i3473458.gc

The is not a Reverbojet but more likely a J12 variant, the one you're looking at has volume, tone, and tremolo...

Ampeg made three versions of the "J-12", an A model, which used 6SL7s in the pre-amp stage, a B model, which used 6V6s,for out-put tubes, and a D model, which uses the 7591 for out-put, and 6BK11 pre-amp tubes,,however, the schematic shows two 7591s, and three of the 6BK11s.

Archived