Heritage Owners Club

Trying to figure out what my guitar is...

JCollins

Hello all,

I'm new here and I was hoping someone could help me figure out what model my guitar is.

I bought this Heritage a few years ago in the Detroit area. I'm in the process of moving and I'm trying to get a rough estimate of what she's worth for insurance purposes. From my research I've determined it was made in 2008 (serial number starts with Y), and that it is a Deluxe model (chrome plated hardware, wood pick guard). The model say "150 Select Top OSB", and the head has "7 of 25" engraved on the headstock. I'm not entirely sure what limited run this was supposed to be part of or if the guitar shop I bought it from put it on there to try and up the sell value. I believe I gave about $2400 for it in 2008, just wondering if the value has changed much, if at all. Here are some picutres:

Cb4qgDhl.jpg

gQ0ciK1l.jpg

Zhy1059l.jpg

ddRfyiAl.jpg

sHjNmjxl.jpg

27MYUUhl.jpg

Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Josh

Everything you need to know is right in that control plate. H150 with premium top. 59 Pickups. Tonepros hardware. Old Stlye Burst finish. #7 of a special run. What else do you need? :) And welcome to the HoC. What a beautiful guitar.

Thanks. I decided I wanted one after watching

. I was visiting my parents and went looking for one. Walked in the guitar shop and it was love at first sight. :)

I had put in pair of EMG-81s to get closer to the sound in the video, but I have since went back to the 59s. Best guitar I own, hands down.

I did exactly that same thing to a 140. Took out the originals to put in EMG 60's in. To be clear, I love EMG pickups and have used them since this but I went right back to the original ones. They just didn't suit the Heritage somehow.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I did exactly that same thing to a 140. Took out the originals to put in EMG 60's in. To be clear, I love EMG pickups and have used them since this but I went right back to the original ones. They just didn't suit the Heritage somehow.

I really loved the sound the EMGs made with this guitar. However, my band's sound wasn't suited to such a hot guitar sound, so I switched back. I've since grown accustomed to the 59s, so unless I was playing something specific, I probably wouldn't use the EMGs again. I have a couple of cheap guitars that I could throw them in for fun though.

Don't ya love a guy with only a little info about his Heritage who just knows "this thing rocks, I'd never sell it". Is there a better advertisement? Good on ya, welcome to the club. I think Spectrum kinda lowballed ya there though. I guess I could maybe come up to $850.

Bound headstock? And the way the back of the neck bursts? I'm curious now. Anybody know what run this is?

Don't ya love a guy with only a little info about his Heritage who just knows "this thing rocks, I'd never sell it". Is there a better advertisement? Good on ya, welcome to the club. I think Spectrum kinda lowballed ya there though. I guess I could maybe come up to $850.

That was all of us at one point. Passion led us to where we are.

Price fixing?

Hangar18 AKA Ben Bernanke

:icon_joker:

No, it's just the this HOC is notorious for driving the resale value of used Heritage guitars into the gutter. It seems like it is only here where members continue to sell their Heritage guitars to other members at prices well below market value. You've seen it, a Heritage guitar sits in the FS/FT section and the the price keeps coming down the longer it sits there. Everyone here gets so accustomed to buying used Heritage guitars at below market value and they forget what they cost new. A brand new $2200.00 Heritage guitar shouldn't drop $1000.00 in value once you drive it off the lot. They are VERY well made guitars and only modifications and damages should cause the value to drop into the gutter, not simply the fact that it is pre-owned. IMHO, YMMV.

No, it's just the this HOC is notorious for driving the resale value of used Heritage guitars into the gutter. It seems like it is only here where members continue to sell their Heritage guitars to other members at prices well below market value. You've seen it, a Heritage guitar sits in the FS/FT section and the the price keeps coming down the longer it sits there. Everyone here gets so accustomed to buying used Heritage guitars at below market value and they forget what they cost new. A brand new $2200.00 Heritage guitar shouldn't drop $1000.00 in value once you drive it off the lot. They are VERY well made guitars and only modifications and damages should cause the value to drop into the gutter, not simply the fact that it is pre-owned. IMHO, YMMV.

Don't taze me bro!

Archived