Heritage Owners Club

Guess which pickup in this Golden Eagle?

MartyGrass

This guitar is pretty much a standard Golden Eagle that was completed a few months ago and shipped to Europe.

The spruce top was specifically given to Heritage for this guitar, otherwise the woods are their usual good stuff.

The pickup was specially selected by the artist. Listen to the tune on decent speakers and see if you can guess what it is.

I will provide the answer later.

The quality of the recording and, of course, the playing allow fair judgement of tone, at least as good as it will get with YouTube.

There's frequently discussion about which pup sounds best, etc. Your sound is much like Wes and Kenny from the 60s. Nothing has surpassed that since. Well, Hendrix.

Thanks so much for the nice and generous comments everybody!

Yes, it is a Seth Lover. I had never heard it before and I was half expecting to change it more or less instantly against a Stormy Monday or Amber PAF or something like that. When the guitar finally arrived and I plugged it in for the first time my jaw dropped and I was saying to myself that "omg, this is the tone I always wanted from an archtop guitar". I have a silly large collection of guitars - but this is the by far best. Big thanks to Heritage - it is an honour to own this guitar and it couldn't be any better. Also absolutely no need to switch the pickup.

I am indeed a big fan of Wes and Kenny and their tones ... Not trying to copy anybody (couldn't do it anyways) but when I listen to "midnight blue" or "the incredible jazz guitar of ..." I always thought "yep, that's it".

Enjoy music and guitars everybody!

Archived