Heritage Owners Club

A Question of New Functionality and Added Value (Real or Perceived)

Administrator

Which New Feature Would You Prefer?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. We are planning to add new features to the Community. Which of these options would you be more likely to utilize, or do you think adds more value?

• Heritage Guitar Registry (Model, Year, Color, Pickups, Mods, etc)
    • Classifieds (Would replace the existing discussion-based solution)

I agree on the Marketplace. The added commentary usually brings out details that we forget over time, or never knew.

That is a good point. The only mod that I found that seemed like it would be a good solution does allow the option to ask "questions" on the listing, but there's no threaded commentary. That package, though, is destined for a major re-write when IPB4 releases, so this is probably not the time to implement it. On the other hand, it has some very nice functionality that would streamline the 'marketplace' functionality. I think we'll pass on it for now.

Sorry for the OFF-TOPIC remark:

I think it would be great also to have a Heritage Dealers Section where we could invite dealers to show off their inventory and so on. That could be a good incentive to dealers to keep up a good inventory and to participate in the forum. Needless to say, it could be also a good source of funds for the forum.

I like the Registry idea, even though original owners will definitely change over time.

Another vote to keep the current Marketplace in place. Sometimes the sidebar discussions are very entertaining...as well as educational.

I was able to register 3 of my guitars but it won't let me register a fourth one. There is a duplicate entry of my Sunburst Johnny Smith that should be deleted, it is the one without a photo..

Interesting. There shouldn't be a limit on how many one person can enter. I'll dig in to it.

EDIT: I've deleted that Johnny Smith entry, but now I see a Millenium DC with a broken image for you.

• 3 weeks later...

While I appreciate there finally will be offering guitar registration, I personally like the idea of classifieds instead of for sale threads that turn into long drawn debates and discussions...

However, with that, I also wish it was possible to revise posts by the user at any time, so if there really was a classified section, any questions brought to the seller can be updated to the post.

However, with that, I also wish it was possible to revise posts by the user at any time,

Not to go off topic here .... but the ability to edit a post by the user after the current 5 minute limit also might lead to less guys "stepping on their own dick", so to speak, and then getting their a$$ banned.

Not to go off topic here .... but the ability to edit a post by the user after the current 5 minute limit also might lead to less guys "stepping on their own dick", so to speak, and then getting their a$$ banned.

I hate it when that happens.

I hate it when that happens.

Did I ever tell you about the time I got my dick stuck in a bicycle chain?

It's a short story.

Archived