Heritage Owners Club

Who's got the meanest Heritage H-150 "Burst" of them all?

Redsand

So.....with my Prospect almost finished, the addict within has set sights beyond the present and into 2015 were a new guitar odyssey is to begin:

The Heritage H-150 "Deluxe Burst"

Here's the current "burst" that I've been using as a template for what I'd like to accomplish with this new build. (found it on google images associated with a former Heritage man named "Larry Perkins".

It's what I would consider "mean as hell".

heritage-h150-larry-perkins-2_zps70634a6

To ensure optimum meanness, I'm going to supply my own book matched maple top for this one as well, so far I've really only been keeping an eye out over at Northridge Hardwoods and Oregon Exotics. Does anyone have another suggestion as to where to look for a killer top?

Found this one on the Northridge site but it's not quite thick enough: 7/8" thickness is the min that the fellas prefer to work with for supplied tops.

s489_zpse6c806b1.jpg

Please post any pics of what you would consider " The meanest Heritage H-150 "burst" of them all"!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H has probably my favorite burst of any 150. Hopefully he will drop in.

Also, Wolfe currently has a used 150 with one of the best bursts I've seen on a 150 in a long time. It was matched to the Gibson LP cover guitar in the "Best of the Burst" book. I think Heritage hit a home run with the color. The curl/flame doesn't extend fully to the edges of the top like the original (and other so-called AAAA grade tops), but it is stunning nonetheless.

p6_uk4abdlxu_so.jpg

H has probably my favorite burst of any 150. Hopefully he will drop in.

Also, Wolfe currently has a used 150 with one of the best bursts I've seen on a 150 in a long time. It was matched to the Gibson LP cover guitar in the "Best of the Burst" book. I think Heritage hit a home run with the color. The curl/flame doesn't extend fully to the edges of the top like the original (and other so-called AAAA grade tops), but it is stunning nonetheless.

p6_uk4abdlxu_so.jpg

Simply Stunning! a Home Run indeed!!!

I just received a note from Pete Farmer over at Heritage:

It turns out that he's the one who built the "Larry Perkins" H-150 that's featured in the OP, it was built when he was with Heritage back in 1997. He actually built (2) H-150 from a small batch of wood Heritage bought out west, one went to Larry Perkins and one he kept for himself!!

Both guitars are just Amazing!

ResizedImage_1399669871848_zpsac68895b.j

ResizedImage951399669957856_zps2cb7e81e.

It's really nice knowing that Pete's the guy who will be building mine too!!!

Its all about looks , flamrs dont make it sound any better. Just looks cool and cost alit extra.

Holy SMOKES, some beautiful 150/157/170s here! Great Thread!!

Here's my VSB Modest entry, compared to some here!

oldampheads058.jpg

Archived