Heritage Owners Club

Transitions

Trouble

Going through photobucket and found a bunch of pics of my board over the last 6 or 7 years, lot of changes. Various needs and bands and probably not in order.

20110512_80.jpg

board.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

newboard.jpg

newboard2.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

pedalboard_zps466e2097.jpg

What I'm using now. Couple things get added/switched from time to time but this is the easiest and simplest setup I've used.

DSC_0293_zps15ffe1e6.jpg

Its funny, even though Ive bought lots of exotic floor fruit over the last 8yrs my board has remained pretty constant and with generally pretty cheap, generic and mass produced stuff. The flavour of the month stuff never really lasted more than two gigs before they were removed and replaced with Boss and the like.

These were probably the longest lasting and most useful to me boards. But even then there were weekly tweaks and changes.

Best pedal combination was timmy and zendrive. I used it twice on one song. Sounded fantastic on that song. Just not really what I wanted for anything else at the time.

Pretty boring boards actually.

f3237b4b-9171-4f1e-9351-b0e142cdd397_zps

annnnnaaanana119_zpsc1a62cea.jpg

annnnnaaanana189_zps4f317e53.jpg

P1220836.jpg

IMG_5102_zpsf882e7a4.jpg

The last board I used had two Danelectro transparent OD's> Jetter Red Square > a DD3 and a DD7. It was pretty much perfect for the gigs I was doing with the one band.

Over the 8years I would make up various boards for various gigs or projects. I never settled on one set up and couldnt be bothered lugging a massive "one board does all. There were also gigs I would do with just the Mesa LS and its two channels.

I would like to do a couple of gigs with the Boss GT100 and the Mesa. Its a decent sounding board with useful switching and set up options and good fx. I get the feeling if I was still gigging it might have replaced all of the stand alone stomps in short time.

I usually leave the main board in the trailer all the time so now I don't change it very often, I have a practice board I'm always trying new stuff on but for the most part when we get together to practice I use the same stuff on it, wah, low to medium gain OD, Rat, Delay, into the Super Reverb. If I go jam somewhere I'll usually take it and a Peavey Valveking. Lately the OD I've been using on it is that Rocktron you sent to me, I think it and the Rat are the only stomps on it I didn't build.

The best thing I've ever done is build the little silver box on the bottom left of my board, it's just two effects loops, I can set up 2 or 3 effects then step on a button and they all come on. I used to have hell switching channels and then kicking on the delay for the solos in Comfortably Numb, I sing the Gilmour part so I would be tap dancing playing and singing all at the same time LOL.

P.S. You were right that Rocktron (don't remember the name) is very much like a Timmy.

I've gone back and fourth over the years myself... but I've settled on a small board that goes on top of the amp head that only goes to the effects loop. (Boss Chorus, Deltalabs Delay, Mr. Black Deluxe Plus) I'll run my Digitech Bad Monkey and Crybaby before the input of the amp. The Bad Monkey is only used to push the preamp to near fuzz like overtones.... Wah is used whenever a solo needs some extra sauce.

I usually leave the main board in the trailer all the time so now I don't change it very often, I have a practice board I'm always trying new stuff on but for the most part when we get together to practice I use the same stuff on it, wah, low to medium gain OD, Rat, Delay, into the Super Reverb. If I go jam somewhere I'll usually take it and a Peavey Valveking. Lately the OD I've been using on it is that Rocktron you sent to me, I think it and the Rat are the only stomps on it I didn't build.

The best thing I've ever done is build the little silver box on the bottom left of my board, it's just two effects loops, I can set up 2 or 3 effects then step on a button and they all come on. I used to have hell switching channels and then kicking on the delay for the solos in Comfortably Numb, I sing the Gilmour part so I would be tap dancing playing and singing all at the same time LOL.

P.S. You were right that Rocktron (don't remember the name) is very much like a Timmy.

Some same things are definitely achievable between the timmy and the Austin Gold. I dont think theyre the same circuit at all. Its just the end result is the same at certain settings.

Glad you are liking it.

Its funny, even though Ive bought lots of exotic floor fruit over the last 8yrs my board has remained pretty constant and with generally pretty cheap, generic and mass produced stuff. The flavour of the month stuff never really lasted more than two gigs before they were removed and replaced with Boss and the like.

These were probably the longest lasting and most useful to me boards. But even then there were weekly tweaks and changes.

Best pedal combination was timmy and zendrive. I used it twice on one song. Sounded fantastic on that song. Just not really what I wanted for anything else at the time.

Pretty boring boards actually.

IMG_5102_zpsf882e7a4.jpg

The last board I used had two Danelectro transparent OD's> Jetter Red Square > a DD3 and a DD7. It was pretty much perfect for the gigs I was doing with the one band.

Over the 8years I would make up various boards for various gigs or projects. I never settled on one set up and couldnt be bothered lugging a massive "one board does all. There were also gigs I would do with just the Mesa LS and its two channels.

I would like to do a couple of gigs with the Boss GT100 and the Mesa. Its a decent sounding board with useful switching and set up options and good fx. I get the feeling if I was still gigging it might have replaced all of the stand alone stomps in short time.

I used a Boss GT5 for years as my floor rig. But it's only about 1/20th as good as the GT 100 from what I can tell.

Not sure I have any pics of my current board. But, except for a few minor pedals either failing or falling off the board, it's been pretty much the same set up up for the past three years. If I could use anything else, it would be a better power supply.

My board does exactly what I need it to do, no more, no less...

PB.jpg

That's IMHO a Hell of a product slogan right there!

My (insert product) does exactly what I need it to do, no more, no less...

Care to sellout? We could start with custom crafted reptiled shoe companys. :icon_rr:

My board does exactly what I need it to do, no more, no less...

PB.jpg

That's where I'm at with this version of my board, there are a couple other things I wouldn't mind having on it, but everything on it serves a purpose in at least 1 song, the Verbzilla does some cool reverb but I've been using it for slapback, that needs to be upgraded but other than that real happy with it now. I've got some really cool stuff just collecting dust.

Oh Cool board! :icon_rr:

Archived