Heritage Owners Club

New Amp Day: no biggie, literally

MartyGrass

Over a year ago I sold my Roland Micro Cube to RhoadsScholar. I opted to use headphones when I traveled. But I never got comfortable with headphones.

I just picked up a used Micro Cube and couldn't be happier for what it is. The thing easily tucks in my carry on bag. It's certainly more than loud enough for practice in hotel rooms.

The new Micro Cubes (the GX line) have more features, none of which I'd use.

Here's a link. http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/1286/503

Mine is black, like I care.

This is a "best buy" for a twirp sized amp.

I'm curious if anyone has tried the Roland GX series.

First saw one at "strings practice," for my new band. The other guitarist (Gino), bass player, and I get together early in the week to work up tunes and arrangements before full band rehearsals, later in the week. Gino had one. I was stunned at the features and the sound! Perfect for our get togethers! Gino said he had an old one lying around, but it needed a little work. He spiffed it up, and just minus the battery compartment door, sold it to me for $40. I use it all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

mark, the microcube is still in good use with my son. I let him play it, and he has kept it ever since. It goes well with the White H150 as that guitar iis a day away from his birthday, date month and year.... Can't beat the MicroCube. I currently use a Roland e-band since he took over the Microcube. Love the roland boss products.

Archived