Heritage Owners Club

New custom order placed.

jimsoloway

I spoke with Jim at Heritage this morning and we worked out the specs for another guitar. It's another long scale H575 with with the body thickness of an H525 and a spruce over mahogany body. The other details are identical to the first one: one top mounted pickup, x-bracing, top mounted controls, large C shape profile etc. I think this could be a perfect playing mate for the first one and really comfortable guitar to work with.

Sounds like a winner! Let's just hope yours has a better fret job than the new Anniversary model I recently received!

It will go to my favorite guitar mechanic before it comes to me. He'll do his very old school magic on it and by the time I get it, the setup and frets will be as close to perfect as a guitar can get.

I spoke with Jim at Heritage this morning and we worked out the specs for another guitar. It's another long scale H575 with with the body thickness of an H525 and a spruce over mahogany body. The other details are identical to the first one: one top mounted pickup, x-bracing, top mounted controls, large C shape profile etc. I think this could be a perfect playing mate for the first one and really comfortable guitar to work with.

that sounds very cool!!

Sounds like a winner! Let's just hope yours has a better fret job than the new Anniversary model I recently received!

My Custom Eagle needed fret leveling when I received mine. I don't think that it ever was looked at once it left the factory, at least it seemed that way to me. I took it to a local repair shop and had the set up done there.

Jim, however the build winds up, I just hope you can play it comfortably...for a long time! Best of luck!

Thanks. I've been playing the first 575 for at least two or three hours a day since it came back a few weeks ago and so far so good. No back pain at all. I do think being a bit thinner, the new one will be a bit more comfortable but I think the changes I;ve made in playing position are going to work out ing term.

And here's the spec for the new build. I don't think I've missed anything important.

MODEL H575
SCALE LENGTH: 25.5”
BODY
Thickness at rim 2 1/4”
Woods: spruce top, mahogany sides and back
X bracing
Finish: dark burst (see attached photo)
Binding: single ply edge only (no binding on F holes)
NECK
Woods: Mahogany with rosewood fingerboard
Binding: none
Side Position Markers: Side markers to the 19th fret
Fingerboard Position Markers: None
Profile & Size: C shape, .860” at first fret .960 at 12th fret (Any deviation from this size should be bigger than smaller. I;ll never complain that the neck is too big)
Radius: 12” or over. flatter is better.
Frets: Jumbo: again, bigger is better
PICKUP & CONTROLS
Neck Pickup: DiMarzio PAF 36th Anniversary (I will supply)
Controls on outer edge
Knobs: I will supply
OTHER DETAILS
No Pickguard
Strap buttons: see attached photos
Peghead veneer with inlaid logo and NO binding (this is a change from our first conversation)
Tuners: Hipshot Locking (I will supply)
And this is the color
H575Fullfront.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

At the very slow rate that I;m moving forward with the record and the very fast rate that this guitar is getting built, it should be here with plenty of time to make an appearance on the next album. I believe the bass wood work is already done and the final parts will all be on the way to Heritage by Monday. I'm not sure how long it will be before it ships but I wouldn't be surprised to have it by early December.

Archived