Heritage Owners Club

Another recording test with the H575 ... trying something completely different

jimsoloway

This is just a really short clip I did this afternoon as a recording test trying something completely different. I picked up a used Gallien-Krueger BM200 micro head today. This runs direct form the BM200 to the recording interface. The guitar is running through a TC Electronics Arena reverb pedal and I ran a bass boom control EQ patch in the recording software.

I really like the results. I'm not sure if I'll keep the amp but it's taking in me in a much more traditional solid state direction and that seems to work well with this guitar.

[soundcloud]

[soundcloud]

Brian, after 25 years of trying to add acoustic presence to solid and semi-solid guitars, it's been a big adjustment to really get comfortable with arch tops. Now I'm finally learning to trust the guitar to do more of the work and adapt to that rather than forcing the guitar to adapt to me. It's a very different experience but I feel like in just the last week or so I'm starting to really get it.

Brian, after 25 years of trying to add acoustic presence to solid and semi-solid guitars, it's been a big adjustment to really get comfortable with arch tops. Now I'm finally learning to trust the guitar to do more of the work and adapt to that rather than forcing the guitar to adapt to me. It's a very different experience but I feel like in just the last week or so I'm starting to really get it.

It's working. Wonderful tone.

Garageband 6.05 (the old pre-Mavericks version). And I picked up a Carvin BX250 yesterday. It's a very similar head but bit with more EQ options, a compressor and most important, a variable level control on the DI. I think this should work out well. I'd also add that coupled with my Raezer's Edge Stealth 10 cab I'm really excited abut how good these heads sound. They're inexpensive, light weight and just a perfect match for this setup.

Archived