Heritage Owners Club

N2X12D

PunkKitty

I have two of those cabs, they work well for D-style amps with the right speakers installed. Easy to tote around for their size. Work well standing on end too. Worth putting some wheels on. Price is inexpensive. I felt a bit guilty for buying them, think they are made in China and shipped over.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mind if I ask why that combination? I'm going to put together a 2x12 here shortly and I was looking at the veteran 30's, because that's a sound I'm familiar with (I think). What does the ET65 bring to the sound?

I'm glad to hear about good luck with WGS speakers…My Leslie 100w rated g27 with both lower rotor and upper horn rotor came with one in it and my Marsh FS-X 50watt Diumble 80's ODS # 124 clone suddenly froze that massive looking pretty crinkle paint POS solid at a master volume setting of 4. :pottytrain5: Stuck a vintage JBL G125-8 in it and it never sounded better. YMMV.

Their speakers seem to be as good as the ones they're modeled after but at a much lower price.

Get them while they're cheap. I expect their prices will rise with their reputation.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up another one of those Seismic Luke 2/12's on fleabay, Identical to PK's, it was priced about 30 bucks less than the going rate. I've done that twice before with the same cab model.

In each case the t-nuts were not in the right place, the holes and nuts are placed before the speaker holes are cut out. They are off enough to not be workable for mounting the speaker. They are too far from the hole or too close and sawn through. So I go to Home Depot, and get new t-nuts, bolts, and washers. I use the speakers' holes for the drilling templates, drill new holes, install the t-nuts, and install the speakers with the new bolts. Then I contact the seller and ask for a 25 dollar refund, due to defects. In each case they have complied graciously and quickly.

So I will likely end up paying only 125 bucks for a great sounding brand new, roomy in volume, lightweight 2/12 cabinet plus cost of the new mounting hardware..

In the speaker department, for me, NO WGS ever again, In the basement there is a pair of Altec what started out as 60's vintage 601c duplex speakers long ago reconed with early 417 cone kits, they are surprisingly warm sounding and efficient. I have NEVER heard better cleans than what come out of the early Altec 600b and 417 series alnico speakers. If the amp has a good dirty tone, it will sound like the amp itself, if it is gritty, sterile, raspy and nasty, they will sound that way. If it sings smoothly and is harmonically rich you'd get some Grand Marnier topped Haagen-Dasz creamy sweetness.

I got these one of a kind speakers on a fleabay gamble, just need to install a new gasket on one of them. Think I paid less than 130 bucks for both of them, delivered. Jonesing to hear them do the Hiwatt cleans to 80's big hair screams when driven by my new to me Harry Joyce Custom 30.

Archived