Heritage Owners Club

Advice on custom H150 please

Jcbandmellie

Hi

I'm pretty new to this forum but am a Heritage fan having recently bought a great H535 from Wolfe.

I'm now convinced I need a H150 instead of the Gibson Les Paul I'd planned on buying.

Been looking for a H150 in OSB but can't seem to find one with that finish for sale (that will ship to New Zealand), so looks like my best option is to get a custom one made up by the Heritage guys. Will be ordering it through Wolfe at sometime over the next couple of weeks.

This will be my ultimate guitar so I'm trying to find the right balance between gratuitous bling and functionality.

So far my thoughts (based on a lot of opinions from this forum) are listed below, but I would really appreciate some advice from you guys on any other upgrades I should consider (or not bother with)?:

H150 in Old style sunburst finish (the older darker version as opposed to the newer 'Tobacco' burst.)

One piece body
Curly maple top: Premium wood upgrade: (ULTRA finish?)
C-shape 60s-ish neck
Cream bindings INCLUDING headstock
MOP trapezoid inlays on AAA Indian rosewood fingerboard
Cream pick guard

Pickups: Throbak SLE 101s

Ivoroid button Sperzel keys

MOP 'The Heritage' headstock inlay

Thanks for your time,

Chris

Welcome to the party Chris and congrats on your new H535!

Your custom build plan looks great but I'd STRONGLY suggest getting a few separate quotes from other dealers before placing this order. I made a HUGE mistake by not shopping around a bit more before ordering my custom Prospect a few months ago. I naively thought the popular guys in Florida would offer the best service and pricing. I was dead wrong.

I HIGHLY suggest contacting Green Oak Guitar (The People's Dealer)

:rose_mini:

Your custom build plan looks great but I'd STRONGLY suggest getting a few separate quotes from other dealers before placing this order.

I HIGHLY suggest contacting Green Oak Guitar (The People's Dealer)

:rose_mini:

This.. There are other fine dealers. It pays to shop a little.

If locking tuners are a must. Try Grover,or others with standard drilling. Bone nut.

Excellent points on the RS kit, bone nut, bound wood pickguard, plastic tuner buttons, locking tuners. Guess that's why you posted. I had good luck with the factory installing a faber locking AB-1 bridge and tail with their steel bridge pins and studs. Also options on a headstock inlay, diamond, eagle etc.

Yep, great advice from you all thanks. Have taken it on board and adjusted the specs of my custom build.

Will be ordering next week, then just the matter of the 16 week wait for it to arrive....

Cheers

Chris

Don't hold your breath on the 16 week wait time. The estimated build time was 12-16 weeks when I placed my order on March 28 and I'm still waiting!

WM

Archived