Heritage Owners Club

11,500 Mi from Kalamazoo to Perth...

Perth?? Where the hell is that?? This, I'm sure, is what a 3 week old H157 asked itself when it was lovingly shipped from its home about a week ago.

Well, from MI, head to the west coast, go across the Pacific for a day or so. Hit Australia. Keep going west for another day and you hit the most isolated capital in the world.

She is almost in her new home. She is aclimatising on the east coast of Australia at the moment. It takes some time to get used to things like the metric system, driving on the correct side of the road ;),,, those kind of things!!

In a week she will be here. There's one official dealer in this country. In my city I cannot find anyone who has one of these babies that I can try. But I'm buying one anyway. Some may say this is foolish. But you know what? I dont care. Why would you when she looks like this...

I'm no gear head. This girl is standard - but that standard is pretty high as far as I can tell.

I'm new to the site and new to Heritage. Will let you all know some more when she arrives....!!

post-20130-0-92873400-1414064338_thumb.jpg

if I knew you were looking for one or if you wanted to try one to see if it was what you were after you could have tried mine.

Im in Perth also. We have probably met.

Heritage guitars used to at one time have a good presence in Perth. Unfortunately no dealer will touch them now while the current distributor has the line....or even the previous distributor.

Im quite bitter about it :)

Im sure you will love the H157. Look forward to hearing about it when you receive it. Congratulations. :)

Being now the proud owner of more than one 157, I can only congratulate you on your choice :) I hope it'll bring you a lifetime of joy and good tone :)

Thanks alot. I'm not a gear head and I'm not a pro player but I get the chase for tone. And the chance to buy a truly hand made piece from true cratfsmen is something I really admire. Its inspiring. I doubt it will be my last purchase!!

if I knew you were looking for one or if you wanted to try one to see if it was what you were after you could have tried mine.

Im in Perth also. We have probably met.

Heritage guitars used to at one time have a good presence in Perth. Unfortunately no dealer will touch them now while the current distributor has the line....or even the previous distributor.

Im quite bitter about it :)

Im sure you will love the H157. Look forward to hearing about it when you receive it. Congratulations. :)

Wow I thought I was alone in this over here!! We probably havent met. I'm not a muso in any sense of the word. I'm not a gear head or a very good guitarist. Hence I'm happy for a standard set up. Good things inspire me and I think this will be one of those things. Interesting about the dealer thing. I wish I had have known about these things earlier. But then again, I'm kinda happy to be ignorant about these things. I just hope I can learn to do the thing justice. I just want to play!!

You'll hear about it, don't worry!! Cheers mate

Wow I thought I was alone in this over here!! We probably havent met. I'm not a muso in any sense of the word. I'm not a gear head or a very good guitarist. Hence I'm happy for a standard set up. Good things inspire me and I think this will be one of those things. Interesting about the dealer thing. I wish I had have known about these things earlier. But then again, I'm kinda happy to be ignorant about these things. I just hope I can learn to do the thing justice. I just want to play!!

You'll hear about it, don't worry!! Cheers mate

If you have visited Music Park or the rock inn over the last 10yrs chances are I have said hello to you at least. Im Jeff or Tully.

Music Park used to have about 12 on the wall at any time. I think the rock inn carried a few as well.

There are some die hard Heritage lovers here in Perth. There is a nice gold top floating around for sale and an early H140 that has had a middle humbucker added.....unfortunately, other wise I would buy it.

PS. I'd be really interested to know which artists have influenced your playing and the types of music you like and if this has influenced your choice to go with Heritage. I guess I'm new to this path and its a long, long way away over here. Presently, I'm all over Derek Trucks. That man is amazing. Grew up with SRV, ZZ but also..

What is burnt into my memory is home grown: ACDC - with Bon Scott - stayed at my family's hotel in a small country town called Katanning and played at the town hall in about 1979. I think I was 11. I was at the front. It scared the crap out of me and I loved every minute of it. Dad threw them out of the hotel for being shit faced and throwing a black and white TV off the first floor balcony onto the street. Man, what a time...

If you have visited Music Park or the rock inn over the last 10yrs chances are I have said hello to you at least. Im Jeff or Tully.

Music Park used to have about 12 on the wall at any time. I think the rock inn carried a few as well.

There are some die hard Heritage lovers here in Perth. There is a nice gold top floating around for sale and an early H140 that has had a middle humbucker added.....unfortunately, other wise I would buy it.

I bought a vox bruno amp from Music Park in Vic Park a month or so ago. Was that from you? My name is Mike. Both of those sound interesting..

What is burnt into my memory is home grown: ACDC - with Bon Scott - stayed at my family's hotel in a small country town called Katanning and played at the town hall in about 1979. I think I was 11. I was at the front. It scared the crap out of me and I loved every minute of it. Dad threw them out of the hotel for being shit faced and throwing a black and white TV off the first floor balcony onto the street. Man, what a time...

:laughing4: That's great!!

I bought a vox bruno amp from Music Park in Vic Park a month or so ago. Was that from you? My name is Mike. Both of those sound interesting..

Yeah Mike, I think it was Lee who served you. I had only just returned to the Music Park fold during that week but I do remember you.

Between 3 of the staff at MP we have 6 Heritages. Kind of like a self contained HOC chapter right there :)

Archived