Heritage Owners Club

Forum Re-enabled

Administrator

I have received many PMs and emails--a surprising number of them coming from members who are not frequent posters--asking me to reconsider my decision to put the HOC into archive mode. Truth be told, I am embarrassed by my petulant reaction to the attack on myself and the mods early last month; for not considering the impact shutting the HOC down would have on so many, I apologize. It could have been handled better.

That being said, I will be re-enabling the forum functionality of the board later today. I do this with a combination of anticipation (I've missed the place, too) and trepidation. The HOC is somewhat akin to my virtual living room, in my view. As such, I have an expectation that people will comport themselves in accord with being a guest in someone's house. Further, we are one of the few (if not the only) communities who have a manufacturer link directly to them. We are not sponsored by, or affiliated directly with, the factory, but we are, at least tacitly, sanctioned by them. Everything that happens here reflects on us, for sure, but also upon the fine folks who make the instruments we all know and love as well as their dealers and representatives.

The Terms of Use have been updated, and everyone (including myself) will be prompted to agree to them (if you haven't already). To be as clear as possible, I will not tolerate abuse, and violations of the ToU will be addressed directly and conclusively. If you don't think you can abide by the rules, then this is not the place for you; we appreciate you stopping in, but there are a few other places you might check that may be more to your liking.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. To those who return, "Welcome Back!"

-J

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you John. I look forward to sharing and learning.

It is a big, wonderful family.

Happy New Year all!

Thanks for everything you do, John. You certainly have nothing to be embarrassed about. Unfortunately, those that DO, never will feel embarrassed; they are "entitled" to say whatever they want, wherever they want, or so they think. Here's to a fresh start of the HOC!

Thanks for everything you do, John. You certainly have nothing to be embarrassed about. Unfortunately, those that DO, never will feel embarrassed; they are "entitled" to say whatever they want, wherever they want, or so they think. Here's to a fresh start of the HOC!

Definitely nothing to be embarrassed about.

I agree. Maybe losing the site for a while will be a wake up call..

Thanks John, this has always been a special place.

This makes for a Happy New Year indeed !

Everyone catches their breath and visits the familiar and prized community as it re-emerges to start the new year.

Nice to see it running again.... Thanks for the re-start , John and all that you do and have done here.

John, question? This now being a renewed site. Will the past banned members be allowed to participate if they agree to the Updated Terms of Use? We lost some good ones over the past year plus, would enjoy seeing them welcomed back. Regards, Stephen

John, question? This now being a renewed site. Will the past banned members be allowed to participate if they agree to the Updated Terms of Use? We lost some good ones over the past year plus, would enjoy seeing them welcomed back. Regards, Stephen

Thanks John!

I guess we have an answer.

John, thanks for reviving the site.

Well, crap, a couple of days ago I just deleted the HOC bookmark from all my computers, IPads, phones,.......

Looks like I will have to add it all back again..... Yea, thanks a lot John.... whatever.......

LOL :)

Archived