Heritage Owners Club

Request for admins.

RJLII

One of the problems with that is it would allow trolls to post some incindeary remark in order to start some trouble and then later remove the remark in an attempt to make it looks like others are the troublemakers. Everything here is preserved as evidence, so everyone should think very carefully before posting anything on this forum publicly. Just like in real life, words, once spoken, can not be taken back and are never forgotten.

Of course, that is probably WAY deeper than you were talking about. I will often type my post into a MS Word document and correct the spelling and grammar first and THEN copy and paste it into the actual post here on this site. Doing that would help avoid the need to use the edit button.

Would increasing the edit window from five to, say, fifteen minutes be a workable compromise? Just throwing it out there...

Actually that would be great. I don't mind not being able to edit a post say half a day after I wrote it, but sometimes I find that 5 minutes is just a bit too short to correct that humongously stupid thing I just wrote ;)

For when the internal filter is dysfunctional.

It was a joke. A lame one. Filter wouldve been handy right there.

Oh! I was thinking you meant you wanted to filter out individuals, because I think there's already an ignore function. Or maybe filter out certain forums you don't want to see, which I *think* you can do, but don't quote me on that.

There have been times where I look at something I had written, and by the time I figure out what I REALLY wanted to say, the time window had expired, so my rambling diatribe was committed to the ages, leaving me no recourse but to hope that nobody would bother to read the thread, lest they think that I was suffering from some sort of diminished mental capacity, or the result of enhanced fermented beverage capacity, neither of which was probably the case.

So, yeah. A longer edit window is a good idea.

... just in case I misspelt something.

Is the edit ability affected by whether another member has read the post? In other words if we're editing a post and someone reads it during that 15 minutes, can the revised post still be saved?

Archived