Heritage Owners Club

Noob saying hello.

614gtr

Hello all.

This is my first post and I had a couple of questions, so I thought I'd ask you all before calling Heritage.

I am getting closer to being able to pull the trigger on a guitar I've wanted for a number of years: the Millennium Ultra STD. I guess you folks call them "millies?" I played one in a guitar shop 15 years ago or so and just fell in love with it. It was fairly tricked out; ebony board, wood laminate pick guard, gold hardware, etc. It had block inlays, but they were only the borders of the rectangle if that makes any sense.

So here goes. Firstly, has the neck carve changed much in the history of this particular guitar? Secondly, how is the weight balance on the guitar? What I mean to ask is, when you strap this guitar on while standing, does it stay put? I've played a number of smaller-bodied semi-hollows that, when you take your hands off of the guitar, are somewhat "unbalanced" (in that the neck wants to slide down and point toward the floor, and the player ends up sort of "holding" the neck in playing position).

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Welcome to the HOC.

When I had a Millie, it was very well balanced. As for the neck carve, earlier models had thin neck carves like a G 60's profile. It seems that the necks have been getting slightly thicker. But every neck is hand rolled. So every neck will be different.

If you order the guitar new, Heritage will build it with whatever neck carve you desire.

Did the guitar look something like this one? If so, it might have been one of the Ltd 2000 Milles. Neck isn't particularly thick on mine, but I don't need a baseball bat. Its really comfortable to play. It has Seth Lovers, ebony board and the hollow trap markers. There's no way I would call this one neck heavy.

gallery_790_192_145195.jpg

Thanks so much for the input. It is greatly appreciated.

PunkKitty, yes, that seems about right; a carve comparable to a G 60's carve would make sense.

Talisman Rich, YES! The finish was slightly different but the banner in the headstock looks familiar. What a great guitar. You are a lucky man!

After the 2000 model year, they looked more like this one. Mine is a 2006 in Chestnutburst and came with HRW pickups. The neck carve is similar to a Gibson 60's. Feels great & plays easy with no neck dive.

'05 Millennium Ultra Standard

'05 Millennium Ultra Standard

Great guitar, Bluenote. What's the biggest difference between the HRW pickups and the Seth Lover pickups? Im familiar with the Lovers, do the HRW pickups have a higher output?

Also, if anyone has a 2000 for sale, let me know! I know that is about as likely as finding a talking chicken, but it never hurts to ask!

Eddie's guitars has a gorgeous Ultra on EBAY right now that I keep eyeing. It's difficult to be patient when you have GAS.

HRW have higher output than Seth Lovers. Seth Lovers are a PAF style p'up having more overtones. They sound more like a horn, where HRWs which are more piano-like in character.

HRW have higher output than Seth Lovers. Seth Lovers are a PAF style p'up having more overtones. They sound more like a horn, where HRWs which are more piano-like in character.

Thank you for this characterization. As a new entry into guitar playing my ear often hears different, but I'm unable to really characterize how. This explanation makes it very understandable for the less experienced players like myself.

Thank you for this characterization. As a new entry into guitar playing my ear often hears different, but I'm unable to really characterize how. This explanation makes it very understandable for the less experienced players like myself.

I found it very informative to listen to the samples from the SeymourDuncan page. They have a quick little riff with each of their pickups. Just listening to the clean bridge models shows how much difference a Seth Lover is from a JB or a Mini humbucker.

Humbucker Audio Samples

I found it very informative to listen to the samples from the SeymourDuncan page. They have a quick little riff with each of their pickups. Just listening to the clean bridge models shows how much difference a Seth Lover is from a JB or a Mini humbucker.

Humbucker Audio Samples

Rich, awesome. Thanks for the link. This will be very interesting.

Thanks all! I spent some time listening to the samples on the Duncan page. The Lovers do sound great, especially in the neck position. I watched a bunch of samples of HRW pickups on youtube; mainly demos by the folks at Wolfe guitars and some others.

Now I have to decide whether it's a Millie or a Prospect that I truly want!

Archived