Heritage Owners Club

NUBAD: New Used Bass Amp Day: SWR Bass 350

barrymclark

Snagged this puppy up to the tune of $240 with rack case.

Took it right to practice and the 'bonk' is unreal. For those that haven't played heavy music, the EQ setting you'd need to cut through the wall of guitars is a low mid tone that sorta sounds like a 'bonk'. Ha ha.

Anyways, I've owned numerous SWR amps/cabs... particularly in the mid 90's to the early 2000's. Once Fender bought them, I was less interested.

post-987-142224310213_thumb.jpeg

Thanks all. When I arrived at practice (late because I was picking this up), I wandered in with the amp case and threw it up on top of the 2x15 Yamaha cab, I said, "I got an SWR."

It was almost a unison "daaaaaaamnnnnn". I pulled the face off and then they starting asking how old it was because there is VERY little wear. There is not doubt this one is about 20 years old. It was just well, well kept.

There was a NOTABLE tightness difference going from the Ampeg B2R (which had a great tone) to the SWR Bass350. It was easily the tightest sounding practice we'd had since I joined back in November.

Now the question is do I get a 412 or a 410 bass cab. :)

The 412 is just more... and fun to say you are playing through. haha. The 410 has a SLIGHTLY higher sensitivity over the 412, greater range (even going lower), and I know will punch like mad.

Try a 2x10 cab sitting on top of a 1x15.

Done that before. Too many cabs. haha.

What I have had in one cab is:

1x18

1x15

18 and two 10's

2x12

8x8

6x10

numerous 410s

2x10

2x15

Most of these have overlap in ownership meaning that one was used in conjunction with another.

I'd rather carry one larger cab than two smaller. One trip. :) That is worth the extra size and weight when you don't want to leave a car of gear unattended too long!

Archived