Heritage Owners Club

anyone else content wth their setup?

bolero

I'm pretty happy with my current amp

kind of tired of all the new amps proliferating, although I am glad there are lots of options for good amps now

I'm in a "shut up & play yer guitar" sort of mood I guess

hard to get excited over any new Vox/Fender/Marshall inspired boutique amp-of-the-day, it's all been done already!!

bah humbug....?

Yes, I have many variations of my setup, and each are tailored to the rooms I play in. But unlike most of you guys, even at it's smallest, my setup consists of a small PA system, pedal board, mic stand that has two mics on it (one for vocal, one for acoustic guitar), and an acoustic guitar. As the room I play in gets bigger, than the electric guitar amp gets added, and bigger and more powerful speakers show up.

For an idea these are some of the variants of my systems that I use at my continuous gigs (these are my typical SMALL gigs but these pay the bills so to say)...

The Montage Apex Deer Vally Utah - Bose L1s system and Bose B1 Sub (house supplied), Bose T1 mixer, my pedal board*, mic stand with 2 Shure Beta 87 mics mounted on booms (one for vocals, one for acoustic guitar), and an acoustic guitar with B-Band XOM 2.2 system or Fishman Matrix Infinity pickup (my current faves Gibson J45 50's reissue or 1979 Gibson Gospel), home made porch board bass. I play here every Wed, Thursday, Friday during the winter season (DEC through APRIL)

The Corner Store Park City Utah - 1 Mackie HD1221 speaker mounter on tripod, Allen & Heath Zed 10FX mixer, my pedal board*, mic stand with 2 Shure Beta 87 mics mounted on booms (one for vocals, one for acoustic guitar), acoustic guitar with B-Band XOM 2.2 system or Fishman Matrix Infinity pickup (my current faves Gibson J45 50's reissue or 1979 Gibson Gospel), National Triolian Resonator with a Thomas Gassel Flatbucker pickup, home made porch board bass. I play here every Saturday during the winter season (DEC through APRIL)

The Owl Bar Sundance Utah - Schertler Jam 400 (with a Empress Para EQ for the guitar pedal board channel) mounted on tripod, my pedal board*, mic stand with 2 Shure Beta 87 mics mounted on booms (one for vocals, one for acoustic guitar), acoustic guitar with B-Band XOM 2.2 system or Fishman Matrix Infinity pickup (my current faves Gibson J45 50's reissue or 1979 Gibson Gospel ), National Triolian Resonator with a Thomas Gassel Flatbucker pickup, electric guitar of choice (current faves, Gibson Firebird, Gretsch DuoJet), Mesa Boogie DC-2 amp, home made porch board bass. I play here every other Sunday, and one Friday a month during the winter season (DEC through APRIL)

*My pedal board is Boss TU2 Tuner, Ernie Ball Vol Pedal Jr, Fulldrive II Mosfet, Durham Sex Drive, Voodoo Labs Trem, Boss RE20 Space Echo, Dr Scientist Mini Reverberator, all powered by a Voodoo Labs PP2+, on a Pedal Train Board. All amps and pedal board are plugged into a APC Line-R 1200 AMP Voltage Regulator.

Well, I'm not in a band anymore, not looking either...

So I'll have to shut up and play these whenever I get a chance...

F23FAD77-2286-4F02-ABC4-5C75610BC399_zps

Amps? Marshall DSL40C w/ Celestion Creamback, Peavey Bandit 112 (iPad as preamp), and Peavey Valveking MH20 w JCA 2x12.

Effects? Dunlop GCB-95F Classic, Boss SH-1, Delta Labs DD1, Mr. Black Deluxe Plus

But the key to my tone? GT Cables with Silent tip.

Like I said in another thread, I need to cover more tonal spectrum with my current praise band spectrum. With four vintage Fender amps ('67 Vibrolux Rev, '67 Deluxe Rev, '62 Brownface Vibrolux, and '62 Brownface Deluxe) plus a Headstrong Lil'King ('65 Princeton Rev clone), 5 OD pedals, Delay, and Tremelo, there is not a tone yet I have not been able to duplicate.

Different guitar switching is also a must, from funky rhythm Tele & Strat to full & thick Single Cut LP-style guitars to woody & jazz semi-hollows to the Swiss Army Knife PRS guitars.

No GAS or AAS here.

Chris - I'm completely happy with my amps, guitars, pedals... the entire setup.

And I'm completely always looking around at other amps, guitars, pedals...

Daniel - nice rig rundown, thanks. For acoustic guitar, how's the Fulldrive II Mosfet and Durham Sex Drive work for you? I've an LR Baggs piezo pu that doesn't play nice with the ODs I have... does the Durham help sort that out?

I use my Boogie Mark V, most of the time through the cabclone so that I do not have to carry a cab. It is not the same as a cab but after learning how to use it (and it did require some experience with it) I am happy with it (and I use it at home to record too).

The Mark V... well my problem with the Mark V is that I don't ever want to play anything else. I have a wonderful 5:25 express that sounds really great but... it does not get as much attention. I find it really hard to get a tonal quality outside of the range of the Mark V, it's almost like having an analog amp modeler.

With either amp (but especially with the Mk V) I do not feel I need any OD/Distorsion pedal. In fact I have exactly zero. I guess I am running exactly in the opposite direction as Kuz who has 5 ODs.

I do use a dunlop wha, a boss cs3 compressor (not crazy about it though), a pigtronix tremvelope (love it!), a flashback delay x4 and a boss ch1 chorus.

I tend to keep them switched off most of the time except maybe for the cs4 when I am doing rhythmic stuff with extremely gentle settings.

No unbearable GAS for anything at the moment but I'd be curious to try out a voice box, which I never tried, just for fun (obviously one of those device that you use 20 seconds per gig).

At the end of the day, except for some modulation effect that would be otherwise unreachable, I feel that the tone I get going straight into the amp is what I like better.

Checked out the Loui Selectric mentioned elsewhere, hmmmmm, I could enjoy a Blues Breaker... A pretty tight want list, but then I always enjoyed a tight AAS.

I use my Boogie Mark V, most of the time through the cabclone so that I do not have to carry a cab. It is not the same as a cab but after learning how to use it (and it did require some experience with it) I am happy with it (and I use it at home to record too).

The Mark V... well my problem with the Mark V is that I don't ever want to play anything else. I have a wonderful 5:25 express that sounds really great but... it does not get as much attention. I find it really hard to get a tonal quality outside of the range of the Mark V, it's almost like having an analog amp modeler.

With either amp (but especially with the Mk V) I do not feel I need any OD/Distorsion pedal. In fact I have exactly zero. I guess I am running exactly in the opposite direction as Kuz who has 5 ODs.

I do use a dunlop wha, a boss cs3 compressor (not crazy about it though), a pigtronix tremvelope (love it!), a flashback delay x4 and a boss ch1 chorus.

I tend to keep them switched off most of the time except maybe for the cs4 when I am doing rhythmic stuff with extremely gentle settings.

No unbearable GAS for anything at the moment but I'd be curious to try out a voice box, which I never tried, just for fun (obviously one of those device that you use 20 seconds per gig).

At the end of the day, except for some modulation effect that would be otherwise unreachable, I feel that the tone I get going straight into the amp is what I like better.

That cabclone sounds interesting... But for effects, I'd love to try out one of those Electro Harmonix B3/B9's...

I have a dream set up that I am totally happy with.

That said, amp shopping is fun!

Carr slant 6v, head, webber 2x12 cab

Volume pedal, clean boost, big box deluxe memory man, demeter fat-overdrivulator, mxr phase 90, soldano supercharger gto.

Shure sm 57 & 58's

Um...almost content. :icon_smile:

Fender Rivera-era Champ II
Fender Rivera-era Champ II (Custom Tweed Head/Fender Tweed Deluxe Ext. Spkr. Cab)
Fender Rivera-era Super Champ

Fender Rivera-era Princeton Reverb II

Fender Rivera-era Concert
Fender Blues Jr., BillM + Custom Sultone Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe w/Weber Alnico Spkr.
Fender Silverface Deluxe Reverb '76
Fender 75 Head Jahn-era

Gibson LP GA5 RI
Gibson LP GA5 RI Plexiglass

Heritage Patriot combo
Heritage Victory Head/Cab
Heritage Liberty Head/Cab

Mesa Boogie DC 22
Mesa Boogie Mk IV

SWR Strawberry Blonde acoustic amp
SWR Working Man bass amp
Carvin RC210 w/15" ext. bass amp

Um...almost content. :icon_smile:

Fender Rivera-era Champ II

Fender Rivera-era Champ II (Custom Tweed Head/Fender Tweed Deluxe Ext. Spkr. Cab)

Fender Rivera-era Princeton Reverb II

Fender Rivera-era Concert

Fender Blues Jr., BillM + Custom Sultone Cab

Fender Blues Deluxe w/Weber Alnico Spkr.

Fender Silverface Deluxe Reverb '76

Fender 75 Head Jahn-era

Gibson LP GA5 RI

Gibson LP GA5 RI Plexiglass

Heritage Patriot combo

Heritage Victory Head/Cab

Heritage Liberty Head/Cab

Mesa Boogie DC 22

Mesa Boogie Mk IV

SWR Strawberry Blonde acoustic amp

SWR Working Man bass amp

Carvin RC210 w/15" ext. bass amp

Love the Rivera ERA amps. Have a concert and would love to add some of those gitfidler

I'm happy with mine too. Pretty simple. Guitar into amp. The variation I need comes from selecting a different guitar or amp and the little knobs on each one. Can't really say I favor one over the others, the LoneStar gets a lot of love but so to the PRS amps. The Heritages and Strats share time with the PRS guitars too. Just a big happy family.

Well, I'm not in a band anymore, not looking either...

So I'll have to shut up and play these whenever I get a chance...

F23FAD77-2286-4F02-ABC4-5C75610BC399_zps

Amps? Marshall DSL40C w/ Celestion Creamback, Peavey Bandit 112 (iPad as preamp), and Peavey Valveking MH20 w JCA 2x12.

Effects? Dunlop GCB-95F Classic, Boss SH-1, Delta Labs DD1, Mr. Black Deluxe Plus

But the key to my tone? GT Cables with Silent tip.

anyone who plays a double cut with an ABBA pickguard has got to be baddass!

I'm pretty happy with my Fender Blues Jr, and G&L Legacy with Fralin split blades. Have several dirt pedals that I'm playing around with. Next project is to try stacking them to see what I come up with. The pedal board is in flux. I'm always look for ways to down size and I just may create a pedal board with all micro pedals on it someday.

Rockabilly69, I was just in Deer Valley skiing two weeks ago. I wish I had known you were playing. It would have been a treat to see you live. Next year for me but I have some friends coming in March. Will recommend they see you play..

Rockabilly69, I was just in Deer Valley skiing two weeks ago. I wish I had known you were playing. It would have been a treat to see you live. Next year for me but I have some friends coming in March. Will recommend they see you play..

What a bummer, I could have met you after my gig for a drink downtown! Next year maybe! I play at The Montage resort every Wed, Thursday, and Friday in March. I play from 6 to 9 on Wed, and 12 to 3 on Thursday and Friday. If they want to see me rock, tell your friends to go to THE CORNER STORE in Park City on Saturday from 3 to 6! I let it loose at that gig.

Daniel - nice rig rundown, thanks. For acoustic guitar, how's the Fulldrive II Mosfet and Durham Sex Drive work for you? I've an LR Baggs piezo pu that doesn't play nice with the ODs I have... does the Durham help sort that out?

The Durham Sex Drive thins the tone on the bottom a bit which sometimes is beneficial if I'm on the edge of a runaway feedback, adds a bit of compression, and brings back a little sparkle robbed by my volume pedal. The main reason I use that pedal though is to clamp the higher gain volume I have coming off of the Fulldrive for my dirty slide guitar sound. The Fulldrive consistently works for what I do with it. I have had absolutely NO luck with anything LR Baggs! I have used the: Element, Lyric, Anthem, M1, M1 Active, and the iBeam. Not one of their pickups has lasted more than a week in any of my guitars other than the M1 that I have in one of my studio acoustics that I sometimes use for a direct signal, but mostly as a tuner source. I have said this many times but lately I have been loving the B-Band XOM 2.2 system in my acoustics.

Archived