Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Eagle 1987

melj

There is one on ebay right now for $1299 US Dollars...they seem to go up from there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-USA-1987-HERITAGE-EAGLE-CARVED-TOP-GUITAR-Mahogany-Archtop-/191524897302?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c97c60216

I would expect that most Eagles run upward of this price - looks like it had some work done on it which might be why it is lower in cost - but that does not mean it is a bad guitar. Would have to play it to know.

You can also advertise that you are looking for one on the FOR SALE forum - Noting "Wanted to Buy: 1987 Heritage Eagle"

Good Luck.

I just saw a D serialed Eagle for sale in South Carolina at the guitar expo on Saturday.

The original price was $1900, but it actually sold for $1100 as part of a group of guitars that a dealer purchased. I was told the guy was planning to sell it in Finland or Sweden. The Eagle was in OK shape, but had severe fret wear on the first 3 or 4 frets, probably needed at least 3 replaced. First fret E was almost a groove, not just worn. I also saw a newer Golden Eagle with a pricetag of $3200 firm. It was a very nice instrument but above my "pay grade".

I'm from Finland actually and the guitar I saw at this store was also a D serialed Eagle. But this one had been there for half a year apparently. The guitar had a great sound, but the price was 900€ and being a student I can't afford that sort of a guitar. Maybe one day I'll get one of those. I usually prefer flat-top acoustic guitars, but the Eagle had a really great sound both acoustically and through an amp. As I said, I tried to find information about the model from Internet but there is only scarcely anything about the Eagle. Wonder why..

Thanks for all the replies!

Archived