Heritage Owners Club

A Sad Day For Heritage Guitars, Inc; Katie Departs

schundog

I'm not on Facebook much, but happened across our friend Katie's status stating that yesterday was her last day at The Heritage. I wish her nothing but the best, but am saddened to hear that she won't be there anymore. Whatever is in store for you, girl, I know you will excel at it. Here's to Katie!!

I wish Katie all the best and sincerely thank her for the contributions she and all her coworkers at The Heritage have made during her tenure.

I'm also glad I got to see the smile on her face last August when Todd and she obtained The Heritage Mandolin that her father helped create.

She was a faithful employee that was passionate to what she did, to Heritage, and to us. She gave Heritage years of faithful service and was a professional artisan giving only her best efforts.

At the same time she got to leave on her own terms. In this day of layoff and shutdowns, I think we should celebrate her decision even though the company will miss her skills.

At PSP7, we spoke with Katie and there was some mention of her possibly taking on a new role in a family business.

So maybe that's what happened, and she's moved on to greener pastures.

If so, yes, it's a loss for Heritage, but let's be happy for Katie and wish her well.

She'll always be welcome here.

I'll echo the sentiments already posted...

A special part of PSP has always been the people associated with Heritage.. the owners and the fine folks working at Parsons Street.

None were more warm and energetic than Katie... her craftsmanship and expertise at creating these instruments shone through every time.

Heritage will continue to craft fine instruments and I'm sure that she will take that same enthusiasm to her next endeavor. Best wishes, Katie.

Katie,

Thank you for your role in making our PSPs such amazing and heartfelt experiences.

You have contributed not only to crafting some incredible instruments, but to many of our fondest memories.

Let us know if we can be supportive in any way. Best of luck to you.

Katie and Todd are sterling folks! I'm sure she will be missed at Parsons Strreet, and I'm sure they wish her well, as do we. She has deep roots there. She was and is "The Girl." Always will be! Best, always!

Archived