Heritage Owners Club

500k pots on a 150

ironmike

i had to replace my pots on my 20 year old 150..there were 300k pots , i replaced them with the cts 500k pots, 22 mic caps(same ones) good stuff, that guitar has nice control now, i went with the modern wiring, cap bridges from outer lug on volume pot to the tone pot.love these guitars! had to pull a post too in order to get a good bridge ground, i used some copper braide wire , should last a lifetime.

I picked up on that in the Doug/Pat Show vid below (~8:40 mark). Swapped mine to 500K as well and did open up the top end. Subsequently I've moved the bridge back to 300K to temper a bit of the bright high end which seems to work (to me... in this guitar) best for that pickup.

I picked up on that in the Doug/Pat Show vid below (~8:40 mark). Swapped mine to 500K as well and did open up the top end. Subsequently I've moved the bridge back to 300K to temper a bit of the bright high end which seems to work (to me... in this guitar) best for that pickup.

I love those guys, here I am sporting my Doug & Pat Show T-Shirt at a recent gig!

10635966_10152831921462520_2047297253922

I love those guys, here I am sporting my Doug & Pat Show T-Shirt at a recent gig!

10635966_10152831921462520_2047297253922

Cool shirt! And cool pic. Mic'ing your acoustic... you can get enough volume/control feedback in a live setting, eh?

Cool shirt! And cool pic. Mic'ing your acoustic... you can get enough volume/control feedback in a live setting, eh?

the main source from my guitar is from the internal B-Band xom2.2 pickup system which is a dual source system which combines a UST and a soundboard transducer called the AST. I find pickup systems are weakest in heavy strumming situations, so when I'm strumming I back up the pickup and mix in the mic which has a very tight pattern. I don't use monitors so I don't have the problem with feedback that some have. My guitar gets ridiculously loud!!!

the main source from my guitar is from the internal B-Band xom2.2 pickup system which is a dual source system which combines a UST and a soundboard transducer called the AST. I find pickup systems are weakest in heavy strumming situations, so when I'm strumming I back up the pickup and mix in the mic which has a very tight pattern. I don't use monitors so I don't have the problem with feedback that some have. My guitar gets ridiculously loud!!!

Interesting - thanks for that info. I've become less and less enthralled with on board piezo stuff... but it is convenient. The main gig I use acoustic on is where we plug into a house system that pipes it thru the (Cadillac Ranch at MOA) place's audio system, all those speakers in the ceiling. I mix our monitor and that's the feed that gets sent out. I hear tell we sound incredible in the bathrooms...

Side bar on Doug/Pat. Last night we were talking music with our kids, 80s stuff that they kinda recall watching MTV with us and we hit upon Quarterflash. I called up a recent local tv spot that they'd done with Doug on guitar with them (think he used that cool Vox amp). And then segued over to the Doug/Pat show... where I quickly lost their interest ('ha, dad - that looks/sounds like you and your friends talking... boring!').

Archived