Heritage Owners Club

Recommended Guitar Polish, Fretboard polish ? etc.

asharrow

What does this group recommend for a guitar polish for the finish on a Heritage guitar?

What about a fretboard polish, oil or dressing?

I have used several over the years on my other guitars.

Martin Guitar Polish.

Gibson Guitar Polish.

Dunlop System 65, which has a polish and a fret board dressing.

THANKS !

Based on the discussion, sounds like Virtuoso polish is a good choice. Don't want to change the thread, but I'd also be interested in metal polishes. I have used Happich brand "Simichrome" on the tuner buttons. Careful not to get it on the finish, and used a wood polish afterwards to be sure it all came off. It got a lot of the grit off the tuners. Is one preferred?

Thanks.

Virtuoso really shines up your guitar well but it feels full of silicone which can be bad for your guitar because future glueing may not hold. For that reason I've gone back to the Gibson polish I've used forever.

For a Rosewood fretboard I use Rosewood oil from GNC.

I like the 2 part polish kit from scratchremover.com the blue bottle for heavy scratch removal and waxing, and the pink bottle for the lighter stuff. In between applications, I use the Gibson spray bottle or Dunlap 65 (i keep a small bottle of this in my giggers case pocket), and I polish my guitar after every gig!

i use forby's lemon oil on the fret board and just keep the body clean with a soft cloth, for decades now, i keep a little 3 in 1 oil nearby and put a drop ot to on a hnkercheif and rub off the solid strings with it, it keeps them longer, much longer.

Guys:

Odd name, but great products: Lizard Spit. Been using this brand for years. I use both the fret board conditioner and the polish. Never had a problem and very satisfied with the results.

Just my 2 cents.

Take care.

Stringman

Archived