Heritage Owners Club

Brandnew H575 classic...

RoundMidnight

Hi there,

New guy in town, so lets start by saying hello to everyone. This looks like the place to be if you're into heritage guitars and need a hand...

I just bought a Heritage H575 blonde classic (should be in today); after scouring the net I can't find any info on the stock pickups used in this guitar. Any clues? Needless to say that 1. I'm as nervous as an expectant dad and 2. that I'll give the existing pups a fair trial. I've got a Benedetto B-6 and a lollar imperial low wind lying around; anyone tried these in a 575?

thanks!

Bruno.

PS: I tried the search function on the forum, but something seems to be wrong; H575 didn't issue any results which is improbable. So, if this question has been asked before, my apologies.

Bruno:

Welcome to the Heritage Board, I'm kinda new myself so my information may not be as good as some of the more experienced guys. I have, however, owned 2 H575 and they came with Schaller pickups. So, depending on the year of your guitar they could be Schallers or if later, something else.

I think the Lollar would sound great in your guitar, but have no experience with the Benny.

Welcome and can't wait to see pics.

Stringman.

What strings will you be using on that fine guit?????

Hi, there stringman,

thanks for the reply; schallers would actually be nice; i've heard quite a few positive things about these pups by people who actually play very well (and display a lot of common sense at JGO (mr. beaumont, for one - great player, seems a really nice guy). Usually I use heavy string gauges, but low tensions (LaBella black tapewounds 14, thomastik swing 13). The tapewounds are really good for taming a somewhat bright archtop: on my eastman AR503 they sound warm and mellow. The benedetto is a really good pickup again for archtops that are quite bright.

I'll keep you posted; will lift the pickups when changing strings (immediately when I get it, that is...). Pics will follow! I got a really good price on the guitar; in europe, they are usually in the 2300€ range. Got it brand new for 1999, so I count myself lucky. They 've actually got one groove master (blue, not my thing) for 1499, and one gorgeous brown h535 25th anniversary for 1999 left in their store. I think they are liquidating their heritage guitars: as soon as I bought mine, it disappeared from the online catalogue. Maybe a pointer for people looking for one? check Dijkman muiziek in Amsterdam Holland. (https://www.dijkmanmuziek.nl/search/?search=heritage - Not affiliated at all.).

... and she's in. First reaction: gorgeous guitar. Second reaction: oops. Minor cracks in lacker on pickguard and at heel of the neck. Heaps of dust in hidden little corners. Bridge baseplate mounted wrong way round. Check of serial number W + 5 digits: 2006... Bit old for a new guitar. There is, however not a trace of use on the fretbord and not a pick scratch on the body or pickguard; this guitar has never been played. Before you start breaking out the hankies:

Plugged it in my Fender Princeton recording amp, and was totally blown away from the first note on. Man, that guitar sounds terrific. All of a sudden, all second thoughts went out of the window: who cares? This is bliss. My eastman is really good, but this is a whole 'nuther ballgame. Same excellent sound on my dvmark little jazz...

After changing strings and checking pickups I was even happier: Seth Lovers installed. No wonder it sounds more than just a little allright... All the key features are more than OK: straight neck, good frets, excellent pups, so... Let's play! Just a litlle tweaking of the string height, and that's it. This is the first guitar where i'm convinced I should leave everything just the way it is; WAY above what I expected. Blows my beloved teachers 1972 gibson es-175 straight out of the water...

A true Authentic New Old Stock .... nice :thumbsup: Sounds to me like the strings were changed somewhere in it's previous life, and the bridge baseplate put back on backwards. The dust ... kinda comes with NOS. Cong rats on the "new" guitar.

Archived