Heritage Owners Club

A Prospect for Patriots

pressure

This is version 10 I designed for a Heritage Prospect in July of 2014.
As Skydog knows many discussions are involved in designing a new Custom and some things never get built. This is one of those designs.
I thought today would be an appropriate time to show this. Thanks to everyone who defends our way of life!
Heritage is building version 30 which looks very little like this design.

post-676-0-65360000-1432585894_thumb.jpg

I really like that.

I think of all Heritage guitars as patriotic. Heritage uses as many USA parts as possible. Buying American keeps jobs in the USA. That's important to all of us.

As Skydog knows many discussions are involved in designing a new Custom and some things never get built. This is one of those designs.

I thought today would be an appropriate time to show this. Thanks to everyone who defends our way of life!

Thats kinda cool. I could see why they wouldn't want to do the pattern, tho'. Very complex.

Version 30. What is that? Your 30th design? :icon_scratch:

wow, even kept the curly maple top in there!

post-676-0-65360000-1432585894.jpg

I dont' think Paul would have any trouble talking me into buying one of those or a 535 just like that.

The only way they could "paint" it like that is to have it silk screened or airbrushed. Might as well order a plaintop natural finished model and have someone else paint it...

Or you could be really, really cheap and buy one of these for $30...

Flag_zpshv7qkzw0.jpg

That $30.00 guitar miss the point. Curly Maple makes it look like a Flag in motion.

+1. The curly maple MAKES that guitar..... but I agree with Kenny, the other volume & tone knobs are necessary for the middle position.

The lack of the second set of volume & tone knobs is the main reason I don't use my PRS guitar more.

That $30.00 guitar miss the point. Curly Maple makes it look like a Flag in motion.

Oh, it's an Axe Wrap you place on your guitar.... Not the whole guitar...

My point is the idea is cool but impossible to be done at the factory....

Does the lack of a second set of controls affect your Tele? I think not. The reason I didn't want a second set of controls on this guitar was to keep it clean and not clutter up the Flag and curly maple.

Does the lack of a second set of controls affect your Tele? I think not. The reason I didn't want a second set of controls on this guitar was to keep it clean and not clutter up the Flag and curly maple.

Probably does. Don't get me (us?) wrong, the guitar looks very clean with the single set of controls. The whole concept is pretty danged cool. Saying we'd like the other controls isn't too different from saying "I'd like P90s" or "a Flag pickguard". That's all.

What else you got ... design-wise? If you've done 30 of them, share some more. Would love to see them. I've apparently missed a few not popping in everyday.

The lack of a second set of Vol & Tone knob absolutely effects the Tele. It is the Tele's only design flaw. I love to use the middle position (2 pups at once) on all my guitars, and not being able to mix the volumes of the neck & bridge is a major drawback for me. I make it work as best as I can by adjusting the pickup heights trying to balance them, but it is alway a compromise over the two volume & two tone pot design.

The lack of a second set of Vol & Tone knob absolutely effects the Tele. It is the Tele's only design flaw. I love to use the middle position (2 pups at once) on all my guitars, and not being able to mix the volumes of the neck & bridge is a major drawback for me. I make it work as best as I can by adjusting the pickup heights trying to balance them, but it is alway a compromise over the two volume & two tone pot design.

Richard, sorry for the major derailment here. Your flag design is quite remarkable, and really suits that quilt-top.

John, couldn't the Tele single volume/tone situation be resolved fairly easily by using ganged pots? It wouldn't be ideal in terms of adjusting things on the fly, but at least you'd have the ability to change settings.

Richard, sorry for the major derailment here. Your flag design is quite remarkable, and really suits that quilt-top.

John, couldn't the Tele single volume/tone situation be resolved fairly easily by using ganged pots? It wouldn't be ideal in terms of adjusting things on the fly, but at least you'd have the ability to change settings.

Lyle, I am not sure I know what "ganged" pots are? On other guitars, like PRS, I have seriously considered rewiring to two volume pot instead of the one volume & one tone configuration. I don't use the tone knobs as much with humbuckers. But I use the tone pot quite a bit on single coil guitars.

Slider, told me of a "magic" setting for the middle position of a 150/LP/335/535..... set the pickup selector to middle position, neck volume at 8-9 with the neck tone all the way up, the keep the bridge volume at full and set the bridge tone at 6-7. MAN, does it sound great!!!! And if you need a solo boost just throw the selector down to the bridge. This is the setting I use to play rhythm (and then lead) with all the time. It's a shame I can't use this setting with my PRS or Teles.

Search for an image of 'ganged potentiometer' and you'll see what I mean. Two pots, controlled by inner/outer shafts, but occupying the space of a single pot.

Archived